6.JPG
8.JPG
Mustang Pro left.jpg
Mustang Pro Playfield.jpg
Stern Pinball-Mustang Pro-190.jpg
Resize.ashx.jpg
Mustang pro right.jpg
Mustang Pro Front.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not every title can be a home run. Maybe if this one doesn't sell, they'll have time to finish code on the good titles

For a lot of reasons, I've got a hunch the software is mostly done on this one already. Like AVE, TRS and IM, I think it will mostly be finished when released. Simple rules. I also don't think Stern will promote this game as much amongst the collector community as they did with other recent games. Would that be a crime? Just a hunch.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stern is starting to head back into the Econo game realm again like IM, BBH, RS. It seems more of a place filler game, to fill in the 4 month gap.

It's not that simple. A basic game with simple rules makes sense for a lot of reasons right now. If indeed the game has the new boards and a new operating system, wouldn't it be best to start with a simple game? It's been reported that the new board system has been tested in the pin. This may be the first higher end games to get it. Secondly, simple rules would allow the software developers to catch up somewhat on previous games, and maybe even get a head start on future games. Would that be a bad thing? Also, this deal has been done for about a year now. I suspect Stern got a good deal on the license (Ford really wanted it) and that they hope to mostly lure first time buyers (car nuts) and operators with this game. Not the home market. They're also well aware that the collector community has collectively dumped boat loads of money into the hobby in the last year or so. Game rooms are full and millions more are tied up in deposits. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they took a game off from going after the collector market.

Stern has no reason to go 'econo game'. They're doing just fine. Not every game needs to be as deep and as fancy as LOTR. IM is a econo game and the collectors love it. The collector community still buys less games than operators. No surprise that some in the collector community already feel butt hurt after see crappy videos. It's embarrassing IMO. Sorry to say, but not every game is built for you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-video-here?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.