6.JPG
8.JPG
Mustang Pro left.jpg
Mustang Pro Playfield.jpg
Stern Pinball-Mustang Pro-190.jpg
Resize.ashx.jpg
Mustang pro right.jpg
Mustang Pro Front.jpg
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't know enough to say, but if you didn't think you knew who designed this does it feel more like the work of JT or Gomez?

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I contacted Stern on it. Trudeau is the designer.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I'm holding out hope for this game. As long as the layout and theme are "good enough", the software is the thing that makes or breaks a modern game for me.

#153 10 years ago

That works for me!

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't know enough to say, but if you didn't think you knew who designed this does it feel more like the work of JT or Gomez?

JT for sure. It has a couple of his signature design cues (e.g., bowl feeding right inlane). Not to mention that it's been announced that Gomez is focusing on overseeing design and company business rather than actual game design.

Loads of evidence was pointing toward JT. It was just interesting to me that the first chance Stern (via a media proxy -- and that's all Edmonds is for stuff like this) gets to announce the designer, and they say it's GG.

#155 10 years ago

Meh, nothing special here. Could be worse though. I'll play it just to check it out and thats about it.

#157 10 years ago

crap that new mustang does look pretty good! Have a 67 convertible resto modding as well from ground up!

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I contacted Stern on it. Trudeau is the designer.

Sure. The vertical playfield plastics with various lights for different modes is straight from Trudeau's CFTBL, as is the ball return bowl that feeds the right flipper.

When we only saew the left side of the cabinet (with '70 Mach1 cobrajet) I figured the right side would picture a 2015 GT. The Bally Corvette game had a '67 on one side and a late model on the other. Too bad that Stern went cheap and used the same art on both sides on the Pro. (Of course, not so cheap if the Premium pictures a Boss 429 and the LE pictures a 1965 and/or a 2015.)

#159 10 years ago

I was wondering what the captive ball does ... but from the video, the captive ball hits another ball that does donuts...under the 180 sign....

#160 10 years ago

6 multi balls, I am getting more interested. I can invision some mods already. 'Fun, Fun, Fun, till my daddy took the T-Bird away'.

#161 10 years ago

Song list is posting soon today

#162 10 years ago

George Gomez is such a good spokesman for Stern. Such a classy and talented guy.

I am glad to see a professionally created video of the game. It makes me much more interested in the machine.

#163 10 years ago

... and yet no mention of John Trudeau in the video. Why not?

#164 10 years ago

Ahhh now I understand why the prices have gone up over the last few years... "hipster-fueled revival" lol I gotta remember this phrase

#165 10 years ago

Wow, I want that Silver Mustang!

I think the game will be a blast to play but theme is all or nothing which is good in a way.

#166 10 years ago

Will it show on the local tv auto show specials?

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/news/tv-specials/

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, I want that Silver Mustang!

I believe the colour is called Brittany Blue.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

... and yet no mention of John Trudeau in the video. Why not?

It is interesting. Gomez even says "I tried to populate the collection with as much of a cross section of cool Mustangs..."

#169 10 years ago

Looks like Transformers with a car in the middle.

#170 10 years ago

Fast? Looks like it.

Mean? Looks like it. That close drop target set in the middle looks like it's ripe for causing drains.

Collectors saying it's horrible without playing it? Yup.

Seems like the closest thing to Iron Man since, well, Iron Man. I'm now suddenly far more interested in it than I was, mostly thanks to how disappointed so many people are already about it.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

It is interesting. Gomez even says "I tried to populate the collection with as much of a cross section of cool Mustangs..."

That's because he is VP of game design. Everything is overseen by him.

Trudeau will get his video.

#172 10 years ago

I want my mustang blue

#173 10 years ago

Glad Stern finally put out an official video. The code makes the game for me, don't care for the art package but I'm still excited to see how the rules turn out.

#174 10 years ago

Can anybody figure out what they mean by "supercharged" ramps? I think of Getaway when I read supercharged.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/mustang-pro.aspx

"2 twin stacked supercharged vacuum-formed plastic ramps featuring actuated stainless steel entrances"

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Can anybody figure out what they mean by "supercharged" ramps? I think of Getaway when I read supercharged.
http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/mustang-pro.aspx
"2 twin stacked supercharged vacuum-formed plastic ramps featuring actuated stainless steel entrances"

Where is the second ramp? I know that there is one ramp to the left of the car that has two entrances but I don't see the second ramp.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Where is the second ramp?

I wanna know where the supercharger is.

#177 10 years ago

Pics from the video. Click to enlarge.

Two standup targets behind the GEARS. Carbon fiber on the speaker panel. Switch in the lower right bowl. White inserts above the car modes are for upgrades.

8.JPG8.JPG1.JPG1.JPG2.JPG2.JPG3.JPG3.JPG4.JPG4.JPG5.JPG5.JPG6.JPG6.JPG7.JPG7.JPG8.JPG8.JPG

#178 10 years ago

Six balls in play with two in the 180 captive spot. Other than IJ4 are there other machines with 8 balls?

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

are there other machines with 8 balls?

Dredd has 9, Apollo 13 has a bunch, but I still don't see a supercharger.

#180 10 years ago

From the video it didn't look like there was a magnet in the ramp at all. I think they were using the term to mean 'super cool' and not magnetically charged. From the video the balls coming down the right return weren't going extremely fast as I'd expect them to be if they were thrown from a magnet in the ramp. And with the left return being so short I can't imagine they would use one to throw them back down that side.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

two in the 180 captive spot

There appears to be only 1 ball in the 180 captive. Hit the captive ball, it shoots up curves around then falls back into place. Has this been done before? Most captive balls just move back on to a target.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I still don't see a supercharger

Like any new Mustang it should be tucked under the hood. You will hear it.

#183 10 years ago

The screenshot shows the captive ball but there is another ball on top that spins around and comes back. In the screenshot that second ball is a blur but the video shows it clearer.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

The screenshot shows the captive ball but there is another ball on top that spins around and comes back. In the screenshot that second ball is a blur but the video shows it clearer.

Got it. I zoomed on the photo, and yes the captive ball is in place, it has a wire form holding it. The blur of the 2nd ball is blocked by a reflection. Thanks.

#185 10 years ago

It is way cool that they have brought back 6 ball multiball. A couple more flippers might have helped knock all those balls around.

#186 10 years ago

Game looks very promising and different

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"2 twin stacked supercharged vacuum-formed plastic ramps

'2 twin' in my math that should be 4 ramps. It should really be just '2' or just 'twin'. Does the vacuum forming machine have a supercharger on it?

Stern site has the following, the center 'car turntable' is designed to mount 2 different toy car manufactures' scale cars. Ramps have locations to mount 1/64 scale autos.

I am Loving this stuff.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

'2 twin' in my math that should be 4 ramps. It should really be just '2' or just 'twin'. Does the vacuum forming machine have a supercharger on it?

Uhhhh......
th-1-825.jpegth-1-825.jpeg

#189 10 years ago

Why all the long faces over this mustang pin

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I C WUT U DID THR.

#191 10 years ago

ha - implied indeed!

#192 10 years ago

I have no interest in the theme, and for me the art is unimpressive, but from the interview it sounds like there will be some cool modes. Looking forward to getting the chance to play one.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The next game is not twd. Sorry to burst your bubble.

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!

image-14.jpgimage-14.jpg

#194 10 years ago

Any vids of gameplay from the Chicago auto show ?

#195 10 years ago

Went to Baltimore Auto Show today. 2015 Mustang was there, Mustang pinball was not

#196 10 years ago

I just watched the interview with Gomez. Hit on all the talking points, but even he seemed slightly unenthused.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-video-here/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.