pinball-poor.png
Mustangrighthighrez.jpg
182021-i.png
Whinnie.jpg
FordGT_1.jpg
pardo.jpg
CamiloPardo_HeritageGT.jpg
181953.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago

Pass. $ still safe! Can't wait to see what lawlor will come up with.

#84 10 years ago

I thought this was rumored to be an LCD game? Looks like any upgrades to the stern display system continues to be vapor ware.

#113 10 years ago

The problem is that at the prices stern is now asking for their pins, pinheads are expecting to be able to at least point to something to justify it. Nothing on this pin jumps out as justifying what will most likely be yet another price increase over star trek. I look at this pin and see the same old rehashed technology and would pay $4200-$4500. Unfortunately, stern's pricing trend predicts that the pro version will probably be pushing way beyond that. Mustang toy appears to be an off the shelf Walmart piece 1:18 scale. Nothing in the pics excites me for what I assume Stern will be pricing it at. Hope I'm wrong...but with all the new platform and LCD talk I was expecting to be blown away. Simply not the case, at least for me.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028RXD16/ref=asc_df_B0028RXD162937418

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but the problem as I see it is we don't even know yet. We have some spy shots. No feature list, no video, and more importantly, no one was actually played it. That's the main reason I like pinball, because it's fun to play. Lot of other reasons too, but it's the most important part. And we don't know a thing about that part yet.
So why not just wait a bit before forming these opinions? Just tired of the negativity I guess, we're lucky anyone is even still making pinballs, but we just crap all over anything new any chance we get.

I agree with you. I think all the code issues and ever increasing prices have made people look for reasons not to spend their money and convince themselves they don't want the newest shiny pin. As you pointed out, same thing happened with star trek and now it is selling quit well.

#125 10 years ago

You know, stern has the ability to at least stem some of this negativity by organizing and implementing an actuwl marketing department to communicate. Why wouldn't they build up this pin and have a reveal to pinheads at a pinball show instead of to gearheads at a car show? Share some details before the reveal so negative speculation about features is prevented. I realize this is a car themed pin, but no one going to a carshow would be looking for or even expecting to see a pin. I thought details of this pin were to be revealed at CES, and sterns main market of pinheads were anxiously awaiting the same...but then.... Nothing. Sterns marketing, or lack thereof, is its own worst enemy.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will bet $100 that Metallica code ships before this pin. Star Trek code has been solid, and the Karl Urban pack is coming. X-Men update is coming (not putting money on that one, but I think it's close).
Stern has straight up admitted that they know these are issues, and hired more software people.

I trust that you have sources that have shared this info with you, but when has stern ever communicated this themselves to their market of buyers?

Edit: I don't buy pins as investments, but seeing the dwindling prices of xmen, avengers and Metallica desn't instill much confidence to jump in on the next pin sans being blown away by its reveal.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They haven't, they suck. No argument here!

I really do appreciate the info you share and hope you keep doing so. Stern should put you on their payroll for marketing as you do a much better job than the dude with the smartphone and a Facebook account they currently have

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I fail to see the problem of an off the shelf toy when plenty of people use toys to mod their games all the time.

Reread my statement. It was merley an observation of where the parts were sourced from to esti ate BOM. Any negative connotation in such resides with your interpretation of my statement.

#496 10 years ago

Not sure why it is thought that ford would pay stern to make this machine. Ford has a licensing program for its assets just like the other pins stern makes.

https://fordbrandlicensing.com/Default.asp

http://www.freep.com/article/20120601/BUSINESS01/206010353/Licensing-produces-revenue-for-automakers

http://www.beanstalk.com/brands/brand-extension-examples/ford/

I doubt ford paid a perfume maker to manufacture mustang cologne, or ford pays power wheels to make a kids ride on ford truck. Why would it be any different for a pinball?

Also not sure why it is believed these will be in all the dealerships. Hope I'm wrong, but I have never seen that golf cart, pool table, or anything else on that ford lifestyle website in a ford dealership (excepting the vehicle accessories like mudflaps and floor mats in the parts department)

#498 10 years ago

The press release is interesting insomuch as it states the mustang pin is "exclusive" to ford.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120601/BUSINESS01/206010353/Licensing-produces-revenue-for-automakers

Does this mean it can only be ordered through the ford website or through ford channels? (i.e. not through traditional pin distributors)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-pics?tu=rs812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.