pinball-poor.png
Mustangrighthighrez.jpg
182021-i.png
Whinnie.jpg
FordGT_1.jpg
pardo.jpg
CamiloPardo_HeritageGT.jpg
181953.jpg
There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 10 years ago

Donuts! Never tried those Not Doughnuts. "Doughnuts make me feel like dancin' "

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

That's a lot of code.....

lol....coming soon!!!! haha

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Ah the romantics.
» YouTube video

They are Detroit natives. I met them about 30 years ago.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

dude, u have White people's problems

I CAN'T FIT MY BMW IN MY GARAGE WITH ALL THE PINBALLS I WANT.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Booo!!! I always assumed you were the person in your Avatar pic.

You have been dreaming about a guy.

#156 10 years ago

My first overall impressions;

Cabinet & backglass art = beautiful. Very good looking pin.

Playfield art = meh. A bit too "Skittles-icious" for me.

Layout = TBD. Looks like some potentially interesting shots. Everyone's complained about getting something different, well, here it is. I like the quad split rollover lanes, and the stacked ramp looks unique.

Toys = customizable.

Quoted from rs812:

Mustang toy appears to be an off the shelf Walmart piece 1:18 scale.

You say this as though it's a bad thing. Have you ever looked at the quality and detail of a good Maisto or Hot Wheels 1:18 scale car? They're quite well done. Put your reality-of-business hat on. If you were Stern, would you spend the money/effort on sculpting and tooling your own Mustang car mold? I sure as heck wouldn't. I'd be buying off the shelf model cars as well.

I fully see a lot of pimping this pin out with scale lighted slot cars and the like. There are tons of cool ones already out there at your local hobby shop.

Overall, I give it a solid B. My only major complaint so far is the SN95 car in between the flippers.

Really? That prime real estate deserves the new 2015 model, or at least a classic Boss or Mach 1.

Later,
EV

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but the problem as I see it is we don't even know yet. We have some spy shots. No feature list, no video, and more importantly, no one was actually played it. That's the main reason I like pinball, because it's fun to play. Lot of other reasons too, but it's the most important part. And we don't know a thing about that part yet.
So why not just wait a bit before forming these opinions? Just tired of the negativity I guess, we're lucky anyone is even still making pinballs, but we just crap all over anything new any chance we get.

You got that rite man. I've seen the same thing for every new game since I joined.

#158 10 years ago

initial impressions make me think "throwback", reminds me of some games from the 80s almost, cant really put my finger on it, ill have to play it.

#159 10 years ago

Moorhead rocks. Bet ace of spades.

You know what would be cool if stern let the end user change or put in there own music.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I'm sure the song for the game will be "what I like about you".

Shoot Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#161 10 years ago

Here's my nit to pick with what I see..... The nasty Blue Oval and "FORD" on the thing. Of course Ford makes the Mustang, but I don't know that I want, or need, to be reminded of that fact. Mustang is enough of an attraction or "brand" unto itself, similar to a Corvette I would say. Is the Chevy bow tie prominently displayed on a Corvette? Anyway, I know you'd have a tough time finding the Ford logo on a Mustang. But, I suppose we have to live with corporate logo infestation in this day and age, especially considering this particular partnership.
The translite that was shown in a previous post looks especially uninspired too. I hope that's not the final version.

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Here are the game's features that were listed on Ford's own Mustang pinball machine page before they took it down:
- Players will experience the thrill of building an amazing collection of the most desirable Mustangs; including GT's, Mach 1's, Cobras, Boss Mustangs and the 2015 Mustang.
- Take your Mustangs racing against an array of colorful game characters in 8 different racing scenarios including drifting, drag racing, road races, rallies and police pursuits.
- Take down the "SHIFT" drop targets to shift your way up thru the gears into "GEARS" Multiball.
- Shoot around the playfield to earn Ford Racing parts and customize, modify and tune your Mustangs!
- Advance thru the challenge ladder in order to race in the Silverball Stampede; an all-out coast to coast run against all of the wacky opponents in the game.
- Features the voice of racing car driver and television host Tanner Foust.
- Five decades of music to select from by artists like: Motorhead, Jan & Dean, The Romantics and more.
- Artwork created by GT designer Camilo Pardo.
Special Features:
- "4 Barrel" action pop bumpers.
- Twin Stacked Supercharger ramps.
- "Donut Time" captive ball shot.
- M U S T A N G logo spell out feature indicates game progress.
- 1/24th scale decorative Mustang.
- "Mystery Ford" feature allows players to enhance their car collection with iconic cars from throughout the history of the brand.

Why didn't you post this about 30 post ago.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm a die hard Ford and car guy. It's all gonna boil down to gameplay and code on this one. But I'm sitting this one out. Nothing grabs me. Love the return of the up/down ramp I've been preaching this for years to the designers.

You said you were out on ST, too. ...if you play it and like it, you'll get it.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

- "Mystery Ford" feature allows players to enhance their car collection with iconic cars from throughout the history of the brand.

I suspect for the first six months of early code, "Mystery Ford" will only be worth 500,000!

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You said you were out on ST, too. ...if you play it and like it, you'll get it.

I concur he even bought an LE too

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

- Shoot around the playfield to earn Ford Racing parts and customize, modify and tune your Mustangs!

This would be a perfect opportunity to increase route coin drop. If they do a sign in feature like Predator has where it tracks who you are before you start a game, then they could save your profile. The more you play, the more you can collect and cash in to upgrade your virtual car in the game (as shown on the DMD). Then as you hit certain mile stones with building your car, subtle game play feature change (for instance, double tap the start button when firing your ball and you can try for a super skill shot or maybe a few drop tagets are dropped for you; you get the idea). Making pinball more appealing to the younger generation with a good ruleset and adding things to the programming to increase desire to keep playing would be great.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I concur he even bought an LE too

True, but no preorder for me until I play.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from DUFUS:

Here's my nit to pick with what I see..... The nasty Blue Oval and "FORD" on the thing. Of course Ford makes the Mustang, but I don't know that I want, or need, to be reminded of that fact. Mustang is enough of an attraction or "brand" unto itself, similar to a Corvette I would say. Is the Chevy bow tie prominently displayed on a Corvette? Anyway, I know you'd have a tough time finding the Ford logo on a Mustang. But, I suppose we have to live with corporate logo infestation in this day and age, especially considering this particular partnership.
The translite that was shown in a previous post looks especially uninspired too. I hope that's not the final version.

Well how do ya think Ford is going to get a advertising tax deduction out of this if it doesn't have their name on it.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Here are the game's features that were listed on Ford's own Mustang pinball machine page before they took it down:
- Players will experience the thrill of building an amazing collection of the most desirable Mustangs; including GT's, Mach 1's, Cobras, Boss Mustangs and the 2015 Mustang.
- Take your Mustangs racing against an array of colorful game characters in 8 different racing scenarios including drifting, drag racing, road races, rallies and police pursuits.
- Take down the "SHIFT" drop targets to shift your way up thru the gears into "GEARS" Multiball.
- Advance thru the challenge ladder in order to race in the Silverball Stampede; an all-out coast to coast run against all of the wacky opponents in the game.
- Features the voice of racing car driver and television host Tanner Foust.
- Five decades of music to select from by artists like: Motorhead, Jan & Dean, The Romantics and more.
- Artwork created by GT designer Camilo Pardo.
Special Features:
- "4 Barrel" action pop bumpers.
- Twin Stacked Supercharger ramps.
- "Donut Time" captive ball shot.
- M U S T A N G logo spell out feature indicates game progress.
- 1/24th scale decorative Mustang.

Don't some of these kind of sound like this could of been the Fast n Furious pin, re-themed?
dom liked the old school engines (4 barrel)
MUSTANG -> Furious
the 8 race scenarios - all the different types of racing in the FF movies.
etc etc.. may not be, but seems like it could be.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I thought this was rumored to be an LCD game? Looks like any upgrades to the stern display system continues to be vapor ware.

EVERY new Stern game has had this rumor about it for the past 3 years, LOL.

Stern may well not want to copy JJP.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

EVERY new Stern game has this rumor about it for the past 3 years, LOL.

I'm holding out for a CRT model.

#173 10 years ago

im happy to just stick with the dmd and not get another price increase for it. The custom dots really make new sterns like Xmen or AC/DC retro cool.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Five decades of music to select from by artists like: Motorhead

Hell yeah!

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Venom_249:

im happy to just stick with the dmd and not get another price increase for it. The custom dots really make new sterns like Xmen or AC/DC retro cool.

Add a Sigma color dmd and even better!

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You know what would be cool if stern let the end user change or put in there own music.

Easy to do.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

The problem is that at the prices stern is now asking for their pins, pinheads are expecting to be able to at least point to something to justify it. Nothing on this pin jumps out as justifying what will most likely be yet another price increase over Star Trek. I look at this pin and see the same old rehashed technology and would pay $4200-$4500. Unfortunately, stern's pricing trend predicts that the pro version will probably be pushing way beyond that. Mustang toy appears to be an off the shelf Walmart piece 1:18 scale. Nothing in the pics excites me for what I assume Stern will be pricing it at. Hope I'm wrong...but with all the new platform and LCD talk I was expecting to be blown away. Simply not the case, at least for me.
amazon.com link »

I fail to see the problem of an off the shelf toy when plenty of people use toys to mod their games all the time.

#178 10 years ago

Pass.... Same old same old. No innovation. They are blowing it big time
By not changing the display system.

#179 10 years ago

LCD's are cheaper than those led dmds so should not even be a price increase
If changed.

Mediocre product going into a tough market year. It will not pay to just sit on the laurels anymore.

#180 10 years ago

I think it looks like it could be great if the code is there to support it. Screw LED, you don't play the screen. If you're going to buy or pass based on display tech, you should switch hobbies and get into home theater.

#181 10 years ago

Not what I was expecting layout and artwork wise.

#182 10 years ago

The Stern bash broken record is present and accounted for, I see. Prices and LCD. Where is the CQ guy? We're putting the band back together!

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I fail to see the problem of an off the shelf toy when plenty of people use toys to mod their games all the time.

Reread my statement. It was merley an observation of where the parts were sourced from to esti ate BOM. Any negative connotation in such resides with your interpretation of my statement.

#184 10 years ago

I love the layout. John Trudeau is a great designer and a super nice guy. The art on the playfield does nothing for me though.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

If you look at the pic it shows the drops targets have "G E A R S" on them and not "S H I F T". I wonder if that got changed because it would be funny when you would have dropped the F target only.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Reread my statement. It was merley an observation of where the parts were sourced from. Any negative connotation in such lies with your interpretation of my statement.

Or maybe from the past 2 years of posts about Stern in your posting history.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

EVERY new Stern game has this rumor about it for the past 3 years, LOL.

True but Gomez said the next game (mustang) would be on the new system. Maybe not ...

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Stern bash broken record is present and accounted for, I see. Prices and LCD. Where is the CQ guy? We're putting the band back together!

Price complaints on new games cover every maker, IMHO. No Stern bashing from me.

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

True but Gomez said the next game (mustang) would be on the new system. Maybe not ...

We don't know whats in the back box.

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

True, but no preorder for me until I play.

I want to thumbs up all of your posts due to your avatar.

#191 10 years ago

Everything will be just fine. As long as Ford does not build a Stern Edition Mustang, That would be an epic fail. (Sorry Mr. Stern).

#192 10 years ago

Looks like ass. Did we go back in time 10 years or so? Looks like a step back after acdc met and st to me.

Did someone make it rain skittles on the playfield? Go hawks!!!

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe the LE has it, not the pro?

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I want to thumbs up all of your posts due to your Avatar.

Sounds like you are the one dreaming!

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe the LE has it, not the pro?

Doubt it. Stern wants to support just one platform, which makes sense. Once they switch from sam to sam-2 (or whatever its called), there is no going back.

I think the game looks interesting. I'd like to see more.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I'll post vid in a while

I think the OP got caught and was given the boot.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Pass.... Same old same old. No innovation. They are blowing it big time
By not changing the display system.

Next game Bob.

#198 10 years ago

There is a lot to see at the Detroit Auto Show... Im sure the video will be posted later tonight

#199 10 years ago

My good friends at my local Ford dealer I worked at are at a NADA convention in New Orleans showcasing this game. I am trying to get some video.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#200 10 years ago

Looks very Stern to me. ...NASCAR Stern, not Star Trek Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 554 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-pics/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.