(Topic ID: 79953)

Mustang pinball at Chicago Auto show. Zach Sharpe.

By brodzowski

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by philwojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-908.jpg
DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0225.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0186.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0187.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG
DSC_0185.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0182.JPG
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 10 years ago

He let the last ball drain?

#3 10 years ago

WOW, 621 million for that. Scoring is not like other sterns. That's for sure.

The sounds I could hear were pretty cool I have a hard time getting passed how barren the playfield is compared to the last several Sterns. Just looks like the Sterns of pre Iron man. Gameplay doesn't look to bad so I'm hoping it plays better than it looks. I'll probably wind up with one at some point as I'm a big mustang fan nust not feeling NIB just yet.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He let the last ball drain?

Pretty sure it was a timed game. I think it's set up for 2 mins only.

#5 10 years ago

Is it on some kind of "just play the multiball" mode for the show?

#6 10 years ago

yeah, it said "finish line", so it's a promo 2 minute timed game. scoring could have nothing to do with final game scoring.
I'm sure code is still in its infancy.

#7 10 years ago

Yea, it does not look to have much code other than to give the auto show something to play around with.

#8 10 years ago

I have vids and pics as well from the show tonight. I will try and post tomorrow, but I agree it was not a "normal" game mode it was some kind of weird mode for sure.

I have a new camera, I know the pics are going to be OK, but never used it for vid before, so I will so how those turned out.

Phil

#9 10 years ago

Wow it is interesting watching the pros. He really flails his hands around compared to Bowen.

#10 10 years ago

Its a two minute timed game and everyone gets a multiball. This is a show only set of software.

#11 10 years ago

I could tell it was a timed game because the dmd really didn't show anything and there was really no sound. So we are still going to have to wait for some good game play video.

#12 10 years ago

In the vid the DMD flashes 'Finish Line' and the game ends. The sound is mostly at the end of the video.

#13 10 years ago

I'm in. ....can't wait to see the Premium.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He really flails his hands around

flails, hell he is smacking the flipper buttons like a 3 year old, the way he was playing, a lot of people on here would kick him out of their gameroom, Ha, Ha!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow it is interesting watching the pros. He really flails his hands around compared to Bowen.

It was a timed multiball so he was trying to make as many shots as possible. It would have been counterproductive to trap the balls.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It was a timed multiball so he was trying to make as many shots as possible. It would have been counterproductive to trap the balls.

That and he might not want to play too showy with all those people watching; they feel they can be just as good as a top pinball player!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

flails, hell he is smacking the flipper buttons like a 3 year old, the way he was playing, a lot of people on here would kick him out of their gameroom, Ha, Ha!

I hate that flipper button slip sound .......JUST push the button!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I'm sure code is still in its infancy.

...and will be for the next 1 to 36 months.

#19 10 years ago

Here are some pics that I took of the machines at the auto show Black Tie Event on Friday night.

DSC_0181.JPGDSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0182.JPGDSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0183.JPGDSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0184.JPGDSC_0184.JPG
DSC_0185.JPGDSC_0185.JPG
DSC_0186.JPGDSC_0186.JPG
DSC_0187.JPGDSC_0187.JPG
DSC_0189.JPGDSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0191.JPGDSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0224.JPGDSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0225.JPGDSC_0225.JPG

Will post Vids soon.

Phil

#20 10 years ago

Thanks for thew pics, Phil! I assume that's a special simplified rule card just for the auto show.

#21 10 years ago

I never saw that before, such a demo with timed gameplay.

Makes me think why i never have seen that? Is this an option on new pins?

Because this can be an awsome game mode, for nights with friends or tournies. Or just a short game, were people can try to set high scores too.

This video confirms me that there is so much more possible with pinball code. And nobody is using it, so far. All we get is shoot that x times, and then this x times.

Nice feature, bring it into games Stern. Make it a tourny sprint mode or something like that.

#22 10 years ago

Hopefully they leave the timed game mode in the software as an option.

Could make for some frantic game play with money on the line......

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#24 10 years ago

Mods need to deal with you...

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Gamer:

vid The only game play you are good at is with pinball Sam Eagle.

image-908.jpg 39 KB

Don't forget, one more little red ban vote by your name, and you will be out of here....

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mods need to deal with you...

Just let them and don't engage, there's no point.

#27 10 years ago

vid
I am scared...
1 month not talking to you...

#28 10 years ago

You started the war, and I will finish it.

#29 10 years ago

I guess the mustang on the PF are different colors and vintage?
the blue car looks more like a 60s stang

* Darth looks like your out of here

#30 10 years ago

Does this game have stereo audio? ....seems that's what everyone wants.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

* Darth looks like your out of here

Thank you HDC!

#32 10 years ago

I guess one of the perks of being ranked #1 in the world of competitive pinball is that you get to tell everybody that you are.

#33 10 years ago

Hey if I was number 1, I'd have T-shirts done up and get a wrestling style belt done. I think a crown would be way over the top though

#34 10 years ago

I played it today. It's fun, but not a lot of meat on it yet without the modes. The captive ball is a really cool shot to see. I played it once and got 480M. I saw Josh got 640M. The timed mode is really fun, and auto launch is enabled so when you drain a ball loads and auto plunges if you don't do it manually.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

auto launch is enabled so when you drain a ball loads and auto plunges if you don't do it manually

lol, they really know their audience. Who hasn't seen some poor pinball noob standing there with a ball in the shooter lane and no idea what to do? Just keep the game going, give them some multiball, end it after a couple minutes, done.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I played it today. It's fun, but not a lot of meat on it yet without the modes. The captive ball is a really cool shot to see. I played it once and got 480M. I saw Josh got 640M. The timed mode is really fun, and auto launch is enabled so when you drain a ball loads and auto plunges if you don't do it manually.

How are the moving supercharger ramps on it?

#37 10 years ago

Lost in the 'Stang (Lits)

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How are the moving supercharger ramps on it?

Well it looks like there are 3 levels. Or 1 subway and 2 ramps. I only played it once, but it went from all the way down to all the way up. All you had to do was complete the drop bank to send it into multiball. I think the bowl could be a little larger, it didn't have that CFTBL swirl or any switch to record the revolutions. The captive ball was pretty cool, and something that doesn't show well in pictures. You hit it, and it will spin around a loop around a plastic that says RPM.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, they really know their audience. Who hasn't seen some poor pinball noob standing there with a ball in the shooter lane and no idea what to do? Just keep the game going, give them some multiball, end it after a couple minutes, done.

There were a ton of kids chimp flipping and a lot of adults doing the '2 flipper at a time' attack. It plays very much like an early 90s game. Sys11 maybe. But again, there were no real rules or modes aside from start multiball.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

But again, there were no real rules or modes aside from start multiball

Sounds pretty standard.

#41 10 years ago

I want to know if some of these are going to ALL the Auto Shows with Ford. The Minneapolis show will be here soon and if it's here I'm goin FOR SURE.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess one of the perks of being ranked #1 in the world of competitive pinball is that you get to tell everybody that you are.

Especially when you are not #1

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I want to know if some of these are going to ALL the Auto Shows with Ford. The Minneapolis show will be here soon and if it's here I'm goin FOR SURE.

Doubt it. Chicago auto show is near stern headquarters so its easy to arrange games. No pinballs at the philly autoshow, but I guess thats non surprise here...

#44 10 years ago

Thought I would share the info in this thread also.

Early saturday at the car show, I went over to the Mustang pins and talked to 2 Stern employees (Andrew and someone whose name tag was flipped over and I didn't catch his name). I asked them about the premium and LE models and was told there would be a few extras. They told me there would be a 2nd ramp and the that the car will spin with targets around it to hit. I was told the premium "Boss Edition" would have different playfield art and the LE would be the same as the pro. They mentioned that the idea was being tossed around of an extra flipper or two on the premium and LE.

This was very much "off the cuff" and I had the feeling that they might have been tossing stuff out there when I mentioned I was following the Mustang on Pinside.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

According to IFPA's website, Zach has been #2 for several weeks... but that's less of a sound bite!

(I'm guessing it won't be the last time he is #1, either.)

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

Thought I would share the info in this thread also.
Early saturday at the car show, I went over to the Mustang pins and talked to 2 Stern employees (Andrew and someone whose name tag was flipped over and I didn't catch his name). I asked them about the premium and LE models and was told there would be a few extras. They told me there would be a 2nd ramp and the that the car will spin with targets around it to hit. I was told the premium "Boss Edition" would have different playfield art and the LE would be the same as the pro. They mentioned that the idea was being tossed around of an extra flipper or two on the premium and LE.
This was very much "off the cuff" and I had the feeling that they might have been tossing stuff out there when I mentioned I was following the Mustang on Pinside.

How did it play?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

According to IFPA's website, Zach has been #2 for several weeks..

Well at least in his mind he is #1. Maybe he hasn't checked the website lately. Ah, the competitive spirit.......

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

I was told the premium "Boss Edition" would have different playfield art and the LE would be the same as the pro.

That's odd. The Pro playfield art definitely doesn't do it for me.

#49 10 years ago

Gameplay was fast but sound was low and all i heard was the jackpot call out during multiball. 2 minute timed games did not give much time to follow rules or any real progress. Not too sure of the bowl on the lower right, the ball swirls quite awhile in there. First impressions were good for me and I am seriously going to look at a Boss edition.

#50 10 years ago

anybody get any video?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-at-chicago-auto-show-zach-sharpe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.