• 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011 022-570.JPG
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I stopped at a local Ford dealership and asked the salesman if they were getting a Mustang pin to display with the car and he said "a what". Turns out neither he nor the sales manager had heard anything about the game from Ford. So I gave them the lowdown and told them about Pinside. I also told them that it was probably in their best interest to find out more info about the game from Ford. Looks like I'm going to be "informing" more local dealerships about this.

I hope you other Ford Pinsiders "inform" your local dealers, all 3000 of them. That's how many, I was told there are in the US.

#2 10 years ago

I asked one dealer near my place. The parts manager knew that there will be a lot of 50 Anniversary stuff available including the pinball machine. The day we got the info on Pinside is the same day he recieved an E mail from Ford of Canada. So the sales team may not know about the pinball machine, the owner maybe? There might even be an Anniversary Edition Mustang.

#3 10 years ago

I hope they put one in the waiting room of every Ford dealership.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, there's no way the salespeople at a dealership would know anything about the pin, totally wrong tree to bark up. Probably directly from the owner or possibly a parts manager.

#5 10 years ago

I'm holding out for a Subaru Outback pin

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Haha, right. As we just learned, "all 3000 of them"? Somehow I don't think Stern is prepared to have 3000 demo machines.

No one goes to a dealership to play pinball. Unless you already know about it, in which case you're not the target market anyways. A flyer and an ad in a catalog is probably the best you could hope for. Maybe a couple cool dealerships would put one out for a test drive weekend event or something.

#7 10 years ago

I meant the service area/waiting room. Other than wifi and cable news there's not much to do while you wait.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I stopped at a local Ford dealership and asked the salesman if they were getting a Mustang pin to display with the car and he said "a what". Turns out neither he nor the sales manager had heard anything about the game from Ford. So I gave them the lowdown and told them about Pinside. I also told them that it was probably in their best interest to find out more info about the game from Ford. Looks like I'm going to be "informing" more local dealerships about this.
I hope you other Ford Pinsiders "inform" your local dealers, all 3000 of them. That's how many, I was told there are in the US.

I am still very good friends with the Ford dealer I worked at for many years in my local town. I informed the manager there as he is very interested in pinball machines though me. Being a Mustang pin he wants to know more as details are out and most likely will buy one, as well as the owner who has deep pockets and his own retro garage to resemble a '50s-60's throwback.

#9 10 years ago

That does not surprise me really. Ford has many cross promotional products. While pinball is a huge part of our lives it is just a blip on the radar for ford IMHO. If you asked the dealer about the new Ford matchbox cars, he would likely have no clue as well. Of course a pinball machine is a more impressive item, more people will see and own the toy cars, as well as other items.

PEN (straight out of Ford country)

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I meant the service area/waiting room. Other than wifi and cable news there's not much to do while you wait.

I mean if the dealerships wanted to buy them that would be cool, could make it the best selling Stern since TSPP.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I can't remember the last time I actually waited at a dealership or a service shop to get something done... all of the dealerships and service shops around here provide transportation to/from home or the office.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Thunder424:

I can't remember the last time I actually waited at a dealership or a service shop to get something done... all of the dealerships and service shops around here provide transportation to/from home or the office.

I dunno, my BMW dealership will give me a loaner car, or drive me anywhere, and I've still had reasons to hang around there watching TV for a bit before.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, my BMW dealership will give me a loaner car, or drive me anywhere, and I've still had reasons to hang around there watching TV for a bit before.

Something to do, while the salesmen pretends to debate the sale price with the manager.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I mean if the dealerships wanted to buy them that would be cool, could make it the best selling Stern since TSPP.

My thinking is that Ford would get them at a little over cost and put them in as many dealerships as prudent and could write off the cost as a promotional expense. Maybe offer a Ford discount to anyone that test drives a new Mustang. There are all kinds of ways to look at it from a marketing angle for Ford.

#15 10 years ago

I'm a car dealer (not Ford), but I'm confident that few dealers will want a pinball machine in their dealerships and Ford will not pay for the machines to be there. Auto manufacturers do a lot of licensing deals and most of it doesn't relate to the dealerships. Bottom line for dealers; will having a mustang pinball machine in the building sell more cars? No. I think it would be a nice touch but I don't think many dealerships will buy one.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I'm a car dealer (not Ford), but I'm confident that few dealers will want a pinball machine in their dealerships and Ford will not pay for the machines to be there. Auto manufacturers do a lot of licensing deals and most of it doesn't relate to the dealerships. Bottom line for dealers; will having a mustang pinball machine in the building sell more cars? No. I think it would be a nice touch but I don't think many dealerships will buy one.

Well it was a good idea while it lasted. Thanks for the info.

#17 10 years ago

Lets be honest. Ford dealerships have no interest in this. They make thousands on the sale of a car, they could care less about some change in a dust collector in the corner.

#18 10 years ago

If your local Ford dealer has one of these in their showroom. You might find the Anniversary Pinball Machine on the floor, when the pin is available in April.2011 022-570.JPG2011 022-570.JPG

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If your local Ford dealer has one of these in their showroom. You might find the Anniversary Pinball Machine on the floor, when the pin is available in April.

2011 022-570.JPG 88 KB

What does having one of these mean?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What does having one of these mean?

Nothing really. This dealer here has this Running Horse sign up in their showroom. The sign is around 5 feet long. Most dealers just put up posters. Some will install large murals of Ford vehicles. I had never seen such a large 3D sign like this before. They sell a lot of Mustangs at this dealership.

#21 10 years ago

I think it would be funny for Ford dealers to do this and try to get warranty repairs on the pinball game. It would make up for all the crap I had to deal with trying to get them to do any warranty work on my GT500.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Nothing really. This dealer here has this Running Horse sign up in their showroom. The sign is around 5 feet long. Most dealers just put up posters. Some will install large murals of Ford vehicles. I had never seen such a large 3D sign like this before. They sell a lot of Mustangs at this dealership.

I see, I'd like to have it in my garage on the wall with my black '70 under it. If a dealership sells a lot of Mustangs they might get a pin to put on display.

#23 10 years ago

We have a 2008 GT 500 on the show room floor under 10 miles on it....not for sale.
Also have Jack Roushs 2013 stage 3 personal car #000 also not for sale.
Seems some owners just like to collect and display...maybe a pinball is in our future?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We have a 2008 GT 500 on the show room floor under 10 miles on it....not for sale.
Also have Jack Roushs 2013 stage 3 personal car #000 also not for sale.
Seems some owners just like to collect and display...maybe a pinball is in our future?

WOW!!! I'd say your a natural for one. You would HAVE TO put up a few pictures of that display.

#25 10 years ago

I'd go into a Ford dealership to play pinball , and if they happen to sell me a car while I'm there playing pinball I guess it couldn't hurt having a mustang pin at Ford dealerships But I don't really see it happening , It would be cool though .The guy that runs the Ford dealership near me might be into it , Pinballs came up when I bought a car from him , Everything was looking good for the car I ended up buying but I told him I got my measuring tape here and If I can't fit a pinball machine in this car I'm not buying it .

#26 10 years ago

A friend of mine works for Ford and he said he heard that certain dealerships ( highest selling #'s ) would have one in the showroom, then he said his dealership was not getting one..bummer.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm holding out for a Subaru Outback pin

My girlfriend and I really want the Honda Civic 42nd Anniversary pin.

(Joking aside, I can't wait to see what the first new Trudeau design in well over a decade looks like.)

#28 10 years ago

I could imagine it it bring very cool. A Shelby color scheme with chrome would be really bad ass!

#29 10 years ago

A Subaru pin would be awesome! A wrx rally mode with a jump, a lesbian wizard mode with the Forester, douchebag STI mode, I'm ALL IN!!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

A Subaru pin would be awesome! A wrx rally mode with a jump, a lesbian wizard mode with the Forester, douchebag STI mode, I'm ALL IN!!

If they made a Subaru pin I'd get an annoying "Native" topper for mine

Hopefully there's a Cliff bar Multiball

#31 10 years ago

Get Real, no-one but us diehards give a shit about pinball nowadays.

#32 10 years ago

I think the Mustang pin will sell "fast n furious" and you can quote me

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

A friend of mine works for Ford and he said he heard that certain dealerships ( highest selling #'s ) would have one in the showroom, then he said his dealership was not getting one..bummer.

That's what I was thinking.

#34 10 years ago

What do ya think the odds are that Leno will get one? He has a few Fords.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Sigh. Good to wish for.

I'll be thrilled if my Ford dealer just ponies up the $5 or $6 to provide non-sucking coffee.... not holding my breath for pinball

As a Mustang fan, and owner ('11 5.0), I'm anxious to play this game once it comes out though... not sold on buying one however.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sigh. Good to wish for.
I'll be thrilled if my Ford dealer just ponies up the $5 or $6 to provide non-sucking coffee.... not holding my breath for pinball
As a Mustang fan, and owner ('11 5.0), I'm anxious to play this game once it comes out though... not sold on buying one however.

Our dealership has gone to the single shot cups for customers....employees have to buy their own coffee lol....times have changed. Eight years ago we had a Starbucks which cost us 6-700 a month, we would spend 350 on hot chocolate alone.

#37 10 years ago

Im not trying to bust balls, but who is going to service these machines.
You know the dealerships will barely know how to turn them on.
These will be the worlds most beat up pinball machines.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Good question.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

They won't get beat up sitting in the corner unplayed and usually off.

#40 10 years ago

When I take delivery of this Mustang Pin at my local Ford dealer. I hope they do not try to sell me an extended warranty, paint shield or rustproofing.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

When I take delivery of this Mustang Pin at my local Ford dealer. I hope they do not try to sell me an extended warranty, paint shield or rustproofing.

Scotchguard fabric protection. Even if leather!

6 months later
#42 9 years ago

I know its been a while for this thread, but I am wondering, now that Mustang is out, has anyone seen one of these pins at a Ford dealership?

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

I know its been a while for this thread, but I am wondering, now that Mustang is out, has anyone seen one of these pins at a Ford dealership?

I have and played it too at Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley, MN.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I think the Mustang pin will sell "fast n furious" and you can quote me

Wrong................lol

1 week later
#45 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have and played it too at Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley, MN.

Did they have it on free play? Did it look out of place?
2 Ford dealers in my area did not have one.
I mentioned this before, but who is going to service these machines. Ford auto techs?

#46 9 years ago

if they really wanted to get parents/kids to enjoy going to the dealership they would just remake cuis'n usa to be a ford driving game. Link 2 together and put them on free play or tokens you get from the parts counter. Kids would actually want to go the dealer and wait if they could play the game.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Did they have it on free play? Did it look out of place?
2 Ford dealers in my area did not have one.
I mentioned this before, but who is going to service these machines. Ford auto techs?

Yes it was on freeplay but the sound was turned off. I haven't been back to see if they still had it. Probably some local pin tech would service it.

#48 9 years ago

The Ford dealer should just work with a local Op, then it can get serviced. I need to swing into Benna in superior, they are the bigger Ford, Roush dealer in the area.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I need to swing into Benna in superior, they are the bigger Ford, Roush dealer in the area.

Yeah they might have one.

#50 9 years ago

I'm a former vehicle mechanic and servicing pins was a natural progression for me as I entered the hobby, so I suspect most good mechanics at a Ford dealership could service the pins with a little online research on flipper rebuilding, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pina-well-kept-secret and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.