Mach One 006.jpg
CES 2014 089.JPG
IMG_0120.JPG
image.jpg
GT.jpg
i-believe.jpg
images.jpg
camilo_open_targets_promo_image_web.jpg
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

mmkay? drugs are bad...
not sure what that has to do with anything but there will be no more trons, their license expired

Uh, it's not hard to understand. Tron was done. Then they ran a second run. That was done. They made a third run. That was his only point. Maybe I've just done enough drugs ...

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

not sure what that has to do with anything but there will be no more trons, their license expired

Licenses can be renewed.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes correct
Game will have LCD and awesome sound system that rocks!

And code will be incomplete, customers will not be given information on the intended complete rule set to allow Stern to announce complete, at anytime, by saying all the inserts light don't they!

#54 10 years ago

Maybe they will reveal the info today

#55 10 years ago

cloud based game tourny's and scores

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

» YouTube video

Pretty interesting comments.

#57 10 years ago

he said new hardware system. I bet mustang will have it?!

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh, it's not hard to understand. Tron was done. Then they ran a second run. That was done. They made a third run. That was his only point. Maybe I've just done enough drugs ...

Thank you - the quote did not copy so I understand the drug comment. My point was that X-men just because its out of production does not = no more code in the future. They might re-run the game, or they might simply finish it to get sales in the future.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He said this (ST) was the last of the old hardware.

#60 10 years ago

I could totally see the new system being in Mustang - watch it'll go from "meh" theme to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY in 0 to 60 flat!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I could totally see the new system being in Mustang - watch it'll go from "meh" theme to SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY in 0 to 60 flat!

Perhaps you are right! Just like a car never be the first ones to order it never goes well. You don't get the 7.5 volt boards if you will… However, I bet this is the turn of the next pinball generation. EM, SS, now CS (computer state) no more cherry switches, WiFi, LCD, Bitcoin redemption system…. well whatever its going to be I am excited.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Perhaps you are right! Just like a car never be the first ones to order it never goes well. You don't get the 7.5 volt boards if you will… However, I bet this is the turn of the next pinball generation. EM, SS, now CS (computer state) no more cherry switches, WiFi, LCD, Bitcoin redemption system…. well whatever its going to be I am excited.

As long as it ships with decent code....

#63 10 years ago

i'm glade they finally realized that the collectors are a big part of the market!

#64 10 years ago

Hopefully Gomez can improve his track record with accurate Mustang features.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

northvibe said:

He said this(ST) was the last of the old hardware.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

As long as it ships with decent code....

New system and decent starting code....have another wish? (while rubbing the magic lamp)

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

He said this(ST) was the last of the old hardware.

ah thanks. I didn't watch the whole thing...In work training

#67 10 years ago

So - George Gomez is the Vice President of Stern ?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So - George Gomez is the Vice President of Stern ?

Since August of 2011

#69 10 years ago

Should be interesting!

#70 10 years ago

I like when he said the next hardware will have "...some interesting display things..."

Does that count as confirmation of an LCD in place of the DMD?

#71 10 years ago

Stern just announced on Facebook they haven't sold out of the 800 Star Trek le

#72 10 years ago

George promised a lot of shit with his Transformers speech as well so I'd take it with a grain of salt. I personally don't see the need for them to go with an LCD if they can do something like was done with the PROC BOP, that is a thing of beauty.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I personally don't see the need for them to go with an LCD if they can do something like was done with the PROC BOP, that is a thing of beauty.

Not to mention another price hike to accompany an LCD screen

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Ultimately this is why I don't want an LCD.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/08/you-can-get-one-of-800-star-trek-pinballs-machines-from-gary-stern/

Well, it doesn't actually say if sold out or not - distributors still have them .

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

No they didn't. That is just a link to an article about the game. Yes, it says you can have one of the "800" - but even that is wrong - there's 799. BTW - #799 was posted as being bought by a Pinsider in Europe a couple of weeks ago, with picture.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

oh I am sure this is right around the corner..........

#78 10 years ago

Prediction, this will be expensive. Assuming the LCD is in this one.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Yup....they sure are not going to price it lower than STLE. Get your Hobbit deposit in now before that one goes up again to match Sterns new price.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's what I thought too. I am really not into Found On Road Dead (FORD) Mustang theme. It will really need to knock my socks off. Time will tell

#81 10 years ago

Gomez should have said "this game is built off proven, time-tested technology" rather than "state of the art"

I wouldn't call any pinball machine out there "state of the art" Maybe Pinball 2000 when it first came out.

Not sure why this lady is using a lavaliere microphone to conduct an interview. They sound great (and aren't cheap) but are only intended for whomever is wearing it.

#82 10 years ago

No really into car themes but Camilo Pardo's artwork is quality. I hope they use him to his full potential.

http://camilopardo.com/pages/ford-gt

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

I like when he said the next hardware will have "...some interesting display things..."

At expo, in Gary's talk, when directly asked if LCD was coming, Gomez piped up and said yes. No timeline or anything, of course.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

No really into car themes but Camilo Pardo's artwork is quality. I hope they use him to his full potential.
http://camilopardo.com/pages/ford-gt

...and it's a John Trudeau game - could be very interesting to play! Also curious about the licensed music. I'm not into car themes at all, but this game has a lot going for it...we'll see!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and it's a John Trudeau game - could be very interesting to play! Also curious about the licensed music. I'm not into car themes at all, but this game has a lot going for it...we'll see!

very interested to see what Trudeau does as well. I could care less about theme, if the pin plays great it will transcend the theme

#86 10 years ago

There is no reason for the new boardset not to have Wifi
this could open up so many awesome possibilities

LCD hardware is so cheap now
no need for price hikes

Stern needs to carefully consider their pricing structure
I believe high turnover would win out over high margin

I am sure JT will do an amazing job,
as usual the greatness of the game will come down to the code.

Look forward to seeing this one !

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

very interested to see what Trudeau does as well. I could care less about theme, if the pin plays great it will transcend the theme

Of course - but as a home buyer, the theme has to do something for me if I'm gonna drop big bucks on one. I did get over that caveat for Tron, though

#88 10 years ago

Wait a minute now....the thread started off asking about Trudeau's new game and yet I found myself watching an interview with Gomez standing in front of Richie's machine. And whats with that huge mic the reporter was using?
Have I fallen down the rabbit hole and popped back up in Colorado? Im not gonna bogart, time to pass this on.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Hopefully a color DMD surrounded by real artwork over a TV monitor.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Pricing has been going up steadily on the LE models. Simple, the R&D and new technology is in a way being paid by the NIB buyers that have to have the collector model. Many companies do this in their market share and it's nothing new..

LE models help keep the Pro model low. Get your LE for $7500 or your Pro for $4500.
So anyone buying a Pro can thank the LE model keeping your Pro at a more reasonable price.

The Pro-Premium-LE will all have the same Boardset and LCD/display presentation to the best of my knowledge.
No reason to be any different. Pricing on this new pin is to be seen yet.

I was told there is a subway in Mustang as well as not to much difference in layout, ramps, etc between models. Should make many happy.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

» YouTube video

good mics are bad, mmmkay

#92 10 years ago

Imagine a MP3 player or a CD player so you could put your own music , that would be sick .....

#93 10 years ago

Would be nice if you could hook it to the web like an xbox and play some verses games. Think guitar hero. You play by time instead of balls. You drain a ball you lose a % of your score to keep things interesting. Now that will get some new interest in Pinball.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Would be nice if you could hook it to the web like an xbox and play some verses games. Think guitar hero. You play by time instead of balls. You drain a ball you lose a % of your score to keep things interesting. Now that will get some new interest in Pinball.

Especially if you could watch the other player via camera and have your face plastered in their LCD screen while your mocking them live and they can hear what you say.

#95 10 years ago

WiFi and online competitions seem to be a great way to try to get a younger crowd involved. It's the wave of the future... I, myself, would love to have the ability to upload my scores automatically to a local, regional, national, and world leaderboard. That... would be cool.

#96 10 years ago

While this all sounds great, I have no desire to pay $8k-$10k to act as Stern's beta tester. While I sincerely do hope for the best, I can't even begin to imagine the problems that will arise early on in light of the past aux board and code issues. Heck, I haven't found a newer stern yet that doesn't continuously spit out light bulbs, and this is an easy fix which they refuse to implement. I think I'll hold status quo for the next few titles to see how this plays out. I can no longer be influenced by the continuous hype parade that so many seem to get caught up in.

#97 10 years ago

I'm probably just an old Curmudgeon, but the wifi adds nothing for me. The score sharing is not really a selling point for me, as a home player/collector. I can see its usefulness for code updates, but what purpose does that serve when the codes are so infrequently updated.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Imagine a MP3 player or a CD player so you could put your own music , that would be sick .....

We have that for woz

#99 10 years ago

Without a way to verify the glass is in place during game play, the score sharing and online tournament play will be a not be that valuable. A simple switch won't work for that purpose. I remember a discussion that JJP had indicated that monitoring the sound of the game could be used to determine if the glass had been removed during game play.

#100 10 years ago

Forget removing the glass, machines just aren't the same from one to another. Even NIB they aren't, let alone pitch and level and waxed or not etc. That's leaving out rule settings, which could be normalized by software. I really couldn't care less about any feature that tries to compete different machines against each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pin-info-revealed-at-ces/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.