View topic image gallery

72001201.jpg
Mustang Pro 029.JPG
Mustang Pro 020.JPG
Mustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 004.JPG
image-845.jpg
image-158.jpg
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It may become the WoF of 2014. Underappreciated theme for solid title that might eventually be found at bargain price.
So please keep on bashing it... until I find one at a discounted price!!

I'm still waiting for a "bargain" Rolling Stones...seems like the unappreciated Stern games DON'T pop up cheap later...cuz those who love them hang onto them...and that's that, they're just not floating out there for sale all the time!

#153 9 years ago

Well I got a chance to play this title recently and Im not surprised its already on sale.
It kind of reminds me of Pam Anderson back in the day...the great looks (and I am reffering to the lights and cab art...not the playfield art) really draw you in and you start thinking "Man I cant wait to get my hands on that, Im going to play with it every second I can". Then once you get past the outside appearance you realize that there really is no substance...perhaps some more coding will help but so far I am out.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Defnitely lawyer

He must have you on retainer!

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It won't be from me.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It may become the WoF of 2014. Underappreciated theme for solid title that might eventually be found at bargain price.

Or it will end up like Harley. Over priced because non pinheads like it.

#157 9 years ago

One of the call outs that made me laugh. "Great Buddy Hollys' Ghost " There is no Holly music in this pin and Mustangs were created well after his death. Funny -good.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Great shots, great software, great theme, great music, great "add your own hardware car modifications" == GREAT!
I love it. Try one. 'Nuff said?
Rare Earth!
» YouTube video
Sell your Centaurs, Fathoms, AFMs, and TZ now and get one!

The man loves his new pin purchase. no need to minus the arse of his post. Don't have to agree just read it and be happy for him. Geez!!

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The man loves his new pin purchase. no need to minus the arse of his post. Don't have to agree just read it and be happy for him. Geez!!

AMEN!

#160 9 years ago

I've gotten a dozen games in on mustang premium... Fun game. Wouldn't mind playing some more!

#161 9 years ago

Played one in Australia and really enjoyed it, just stay away from the gears targets as sometimes it can be a centre drainer a post in the middle would of been good

I'm not sure what the car on the spinning turntable is for but does block the pop bumpers the pro seems more open and the taco and lighting shines through without that turntable, I think the way they designed that turntable that that rubber will wear out.

Very fast pinball and so far very enjoyable

#162 9 years ago

I think it's a fun machine, but would not agree about staying away from the gear targets, they drastically increase your super jackpot bonus the higher the gear (by dropping the targets).

#163 9 years ago

Mustang. One of the greatest games ever! Git it now....
72001201.jpg72001201.jpg

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I think it's a fun machine, but would not agree about staying away from the gear targets, they drastically increase your super jackpot bonus the higher the gear (by dropping the targets).

Shoot the hell out of them when in multi ball other then that its a risk

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Shoot the hell out of them when in multi ball other then that its a risk

It's a risk reward game, and the risk is worth the reward in my opinion.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mustang. One of the greatest games ever! Git it now....

72001201.jpg 188 KB

This is the Limited Retro Edition.

#167 9 years ago

Just played another game of Mustang LE 'awesomeness'... The flow is genius, the music rocks... I understand the love but hope the haters give it more chances with the latest code and the full 8 songs.

I've owned over 130 titles from woodrails to the most recent (was originally a early solid state 1979 - 1983 Bally/Stern nut) as thats what I played back in the day (but need to mention another favorite that system 11 sweet spot) and those games are still great! I love all eras of games. But these latest Sterns over the last four or so years got me to sell of all but one of my Bally/Williams 1990s DMD collection (still have classic solid state games, and sys 11s... and GO Fish Tales!).

Try Mustang even if you don't like the theme - its a great design.

Bababooey Gary pitch! Go!

#168 9 years ago

fun pin. long ball times.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

You're probably a better player than me as I don't have that problem.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I understand the love but hope the haters give it more chances with the latest code and the full 8 songs.

Let the haters hate, it's their loss.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Not for me ,but this game is making me a better player

#172 9 years ago

I love pop bumpers and this game as GREAT pop bumper action. Same with Avatar.

#173 9 years ago

i got to play a mustang le edition on sunday and i have to say i thought it was fun to play - and good looking also - i will grab one if the prices drop like crazy.

i also got to play a star trek le and that game is just awesome - so i am on the hunt for one at a decent price in the new england area

thanks ed

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i got to play a mustang le edition on sunday and i have to say i thought it was fun to play - and good looking also - i will grab one if the prices drop like crazy.
i also got to play a Star Trek le and that game is just awesome - so i am on the hunt for one at a decent price in the new england area
thanks ed

Good plan but Mustang LE's are few and far between. Try and play a Mustang Pro, awesome bang for the buck.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I love pop bumpers and this game as GREAT pop bumper action. Same with Avatar.

I like the good old days when pop bumpers were something to shoot for.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

I like the good old days when pop bumpers were something to shoot for.

It is a tricky shot but off of the post by the small Nitrous target that is on the right side of the ramp. The ball will end up into the pop bumper area. I have done that many times. Other wise shoot the Right Orbit to get the ball back to the top Ford Roll Overs.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is a tricky shot but off of the post by the small Nitrous target that is on the right side of the ramp. The ball will end up into the pop bumper area. I have done that many times. Other wise shoot the Right Orbit to get the ball back to the top Ford Roll Overs.

I meant that they had purpose in a machine other than bashing the ball around, that you HAD to shoot for them to light something etc.

1 year later
#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Played this game for the first time tonight (on location) and found it to be so-so.
Pros: Positive theme (I like Mustangs), colorful, and has some interesting playfield features and artwork.
Cons: The LEDs are WAY too bright, the overall feel is somewhat cheesy, and the rules were confusing without having read up on them beforehand (nothing new for me with most new games).
Not something I would buy, but it will be fun to play occasionally for variety. Of course, once I have a better appreciation of the game's objectives, I may be putting a lot more money into it!
- Tim

I've been going through past Mustang threads looking for particular info and I happened to come across the above post of mine from a year ago. I don’t typically resurrect old threads, but I felt that the game deserved updating this.

Although I've been fortunate to have a nice Mustang LE on route near my workplace for over a year now, I never really gave it a lot of attention until I recently heard Ed Robertson (of BNL fame) describe Mustang as a "killer" game. Surprised and intrigued by his enthusiastic endorsement of its gameplay, I decided to check Mustang out more thoroughly and proceeded to familiarize myself with its rules and playfield features. Now that I’ve done so, as well as played many games on it since, I’ve discovered what a fast, challenging, and truly FUN game Mustang is! Already a fan of the theme, I have a new found respect for the layout, audio, and rules set.

While I'm not ready yet to declare it as one of the greatest games ever, Mustang now rates MUCH higher in my book than its current Pinside ranking or the accepted general opinion of it seems to be. So much so, that my very own LE is now scheduled for delivery this coming week and I’m looking forward to customizing the lighting, songs, and accessories on it to create an even more bitchin’ game to enjoy for a long time to come!

Lesson learned: Mustang’s obviously not for everybody (what game truly is?), but if you haven’t already, give it a fair shot and you may very well like what you find.

Thanks Ed!

- Tim

#179 8 years ago

I've been going through past Mustang threads looking for particular info and I happened to come across the above post of mine from a year ago. I don’t typically resurrect old threads, but I felt that the game deserved updating this.
Although I've been fortunate to have a nice Mustang LE on route near my workplace for over a year now, I never really gave it a lot of attention until I recently heard Ed Robertson (of BNL fame) describe Mustang as a "killer" game. Surprised and intrigued by his enthusiastic endorsement of its gameplay, I decided to check Mustang out more thoroughly and proceeded to familiarize myself with its rules and playfield features. Now that I’ve done so, as well as played many games on it since, I’ve discovered what a fast, challenging, and truly FUN game Mustang is! Already a fan of the theme, I have a new found respect for the layout, audio, and rules set.
While I'm not ready yet to declare it as one of the greatest games ever, Mustang now rates MUCH higher in my book than its current Pinside ranking or the accepted general opinion of it seems to be. So much so, that my very own LE is now scheduled for delivery this coming week and I’m looking forward to customizing the lighting, songs, and accessories on it to create an even more bitchin’ game to enjoy for a long time to come!
Lesson learned: Mustang’s obviously not for everybody (what game truly is?), but if you haven’t already, give it a fair shot and you may very well like what you find.
Thanks Ed!
- Tim

Thanks for your honest review Tim. I only have a Pro and have had it for over a year and like my Mustang car I'll leave this world before either of them will leave. Great to have you in the club.

#180 8 years ago

I'm picking one up next weekend if my Creech sells.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I'm picking one up next weekend if my Creech sells.

That's GREAT to hear, new or used. All 3 games seem to be steady sellers.

#182 8 years ago

While I'm not ready yet to declare it as one of the greatest games ever, Mustang now rates MUCH higher in my book than its current Pinside ranking or the accepted general opinion of it seems to be.

I will stand by my original post here, Mustang BOSS/L.E. should be in the top 50, easily! It is currently at 83.

#183 8 years ago

Thanks Ed!
- Tim

Looking at your post from a year ago about the brightness of this pin...I totally agree!! When I first got my boss premium, the blinding lights was the first thing I noticed. They have flat-7 flashers pointed directly at the players eyes and super cool brights in the slingers that also hit the players vision. I swapped these out for warms and the flat-7 for regular warms and it was all the difference. if it wasn't for pinball browser, I wouldn't own this pin, but I've had it for a few months and love it every time I play it. Huge in the underrated dept.

#184 8 years ago

Welcome to the growing club of those who think Mustang is a pretty damn good game!

The LE is gorgeous. Yes, I am biased as I own the LE, but it really is super sweet looking.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I only have a Pro and have had it for over a year and like my Mustang car I'll leave this world before either of them will leave.

Hopefully not any time soon !
After spending the evening at Paul's place playing ST and Mustang I must say these are the two of the best recent sterns (IMHO) and they nicely complement each other. I will buy the first of the two that shows up at a decent price nearby. Will be a Pro for sure - I have not seen a single Boss premium nearby!

#186 8 years ago

i also want to give a chance to Mustang, despite the artwork (FORD/logos) which i'm not fan at all...

and to JLM, did you forget MET as best actual stern !? ok, just personal of course
btw, there's a BOSS available for sell in France, as new, i will point you to the offer in PM

++

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Hopefully not any time soon !
After spending the evening at Paul's place playing ST and Mustang I must say these are the two of the best recent sterns (IMHO) and they nicely complement each other. I will buy the first of the two that shows up at a decent price nearby. Will be a Pro for sure - I have not seen a single Boss premium nearby!

Well Jean I've come within 1/2 second of the "Big One" 3 times in my life and all 3 came out of the blue so ya just never know when your time is up. First time playing Mustang and you put up 230,000,000...I'd say you and Mustang were meant for each other.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-one-of-the-greatest-game-ever/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.