View topic image gallery

72001201.jpg
Mustang Pro 029.JPG
Mustang Pro 020.JPG
Mustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 004.JPG
image-845.jpg
image-158.jpg
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Don't let it bother you, you started the threat hoping to attract others with a like mind and instead people who don't like it feel they have to come and crap on it. I have seen many topics like yours where people feel really good about their game and others feel they just have to come and shit on it. I have enough respect for others NOT to do something like that. If someone posts a "I love such-n-such game" and if I don't agree I'll just say something like "looks good, have a blast playing it".
I suppose others will flame me saying "this is a free forum, I can say what I want" well sure you can, all I'm saying is just have some respect for others feelings is all. We all have feelings about the games we buy, that's why we buy what we buy. Just try to be kind.

This thread title is deliberately combative. If it stated "I really like Mustang" many of us would not have clicked on this thread.

Stating Stern's newest game is "the best ever" is an open invitation. You may as well have stated "Crap Fest brewing, everybody's invited".

#102 9 years ago

It's EyE candy ,, until U press the Start Button .. ,, Sorry , This will B my Last Post on this Thread

The last pict- Now imagine IM decal's installed etc ..... Oh Yea !!!! That Will be my eYe Candy !!

Mustang Pro 004.JPGMustang Pro 004.JPG
Mustang Pro 015.JPGMustang Pro 015.JPG
Mustang Pro 020.JPGMustang Pro 020.JPG
Mustang Pro 029.JPGMustang Pro 029.JPG

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd....

Than it must be your opinion?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This seems totally related to this thread. I have no idea what you're talking about. I must assume you're one of those idiots that assumes he needed to upgrade the coils in some machine because he couldn't get his flippers rebuilt correctly. Again, without having a clue what you're talking about, one should assume the person that has working flippers knows something more than the person thinking he needs to upgrade parts on his.

If you feel so inclined to comment negatively on Mustang, go start your own thread. I don't recall seeing a poll or question in this thread?

and AGAIN, all you do is assume, that your thoughts and ideas are superior over everyone else's. Get a clue, guy. Maybe if you spent more time playing your games, instead of standing on your 10 million point soap box, self inflating that giagantic brain of yours, you wouldn't be such a donkey, wondering who one of the idiots are. Don't look too far.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

This thread title is deliberately combative.

Only if you want it to be. If you don't agree with the title why even bother to open it up, unless that is if you want to start an argument. Just pass it on by and let the people who agree have fun. It really is just that simple.

#106 9 years ago

Played Star Trek and Mustang at Allentown. First time on either one. Not a fan of either theme, but Mustang just came across as boring with a horrible art package. Star Trek seemed like a much more interesting game, even though we've seen much of it before with sttng.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If you feel so inclined to comment negatively on Mustang, go start your own thread.

+++ I PROMISE I won't even open it up to see what people are posting. I PROMISE!! Just stay off our topic so we can enjoy our Mustangs. Deal???

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, just wow. I saw one the other day and didn't even bother to play it and it was free. Its another Rolling Stones. That game is just as much of a turd as a Mustang itself. My opinion however.

based on this post you've basically established your opinion as worthless.

Quoted from rockrand:

I think it is the title of the thread that has some reacting

I think its that a lot of people can be negative, self-righteous douchebags but they coin it in "hey, it's just my opinion...I'm allowed not to like something". Of course they are, but they don't have to be insultingly negative...and yet they choose to be.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think its that a lot of people can be negative, self-righteous douchebags but they coin it in "hey, it's just my opinion...I'm allowed not to like something". Of course they are, but they don't have to be insultingly negative...and yet they choose to be.

My question is if they hate the game that much why even bother to post anything. Just hit the Ignore button and have fun talking to others about games that they enjoy. Pinball is supposed to be about fun isn't it?

#110 9 years ago

Nope, not even in the 100 for now,i find nothing nice to say so i will Stop here ! Sorry

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My question is if they hate the game that much why even bother to post anything. Just hit the Ignore button and have fun talking to others about games that they enjoy. Pinball is supposed to be about fun isn't it?

EASY : BECAUSE OF THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC MAN !!!!!

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wow, just wow. I saw one the other day and didn't even bother to play it and it was free. Its another Rolling Stones. That game is just as much of a turd as a Mustang itself. My opinion however.

You can make a decision on how good/bad a pinball machine is just by looking at it?

I bow to your incredible superpowers!

FWIW I played Mustang Pro when I was in the USA last month and I thought it was a good game.

The code on it now is better than Star Trek. The modes have some good variety.

rd.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

EASY : BECAUSE OF THE TITLE OF THIS TOPIC MAN !!!!!

SO YOUR JUST HERE TO ARGUE THEN... MAN!!!!!

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

To you but to a lot of others (myself included) it fits the theme perfectly. Everyone in this hobby has their likes and dislikes.

My point was the art was criticized and the rebuttal was that since its a car pin it has to have said artwork and cant have Xmen or Metallica style artwork, which is super awesome looking.

Leads to the point that perhaps the theme just lends itself to less than sweet artwork

#115 9 years ago

What have we learned from this thread so far...

1) this game has a very polarizing effect on people
2) many people are very passionate on both sides
3) if you like it you should play it...if you dislike it then don't play it

Are we done here?

#116 9 years ago

it sure didn't wow me like i had hoped

#117 9 years ago

If you feel so inclined to comment negatively on Mustang, go start your own thread. I don't recall seeing a poll or question in this thread?
and AGAIN, all you do is assume, that your thoughts and ideas are superior over everyone else's. Get a clue, guy. Maybe if you spent more time playing your games, instead of standing on your 10 million point soap box, self inflating that giagantic brain of yours, you wouldn't be such a donkey, wondering who one of the idiots are. Don't look too far.

Hey Mr hypocrit, I agree with this opinion:

Have played it, doesn't wow me over. That could change in time, who knows.
Music is just terrible. It's ultra lame (besides the Frankenstein tune )
I think a huge improvement would be to change/hack out some of the lame songs, I don't think it would be too hard to do.

In fact, I said more nicer things about Mustang than that.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not argue i wanted to see who the hell posted Mustang one of the greatest games ever!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hey Mr hypocrit, I agree with this opinion:

In fact, I said more nicer things about Mustang than that.

And??? Music still sucks. Game grew on me. lf YOU read anything, it's what l already said on the first page of this thread... so ????
friggin' p.i, hilsboro must be toon town.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What have we learned from this thread so far...
1) this game has a very polarizing effect on people
2) many people are very passionate on both sides
3) if you like it you should play it...if you dislike it then don't play it
Are we done here?

Exactly and God I hope so.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Not argue i wanted to see who the hell posted Mustang one of the greatest games ever!

Well then why did you shout....by using all capitol letters.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

One man's argument is another man's sense knocking

I only have 4-5 games on Mustang at this point (I think it was a premium, did not care if it was LE or whatever).

I found it fun enough to play on route and would like to get to know it better.

The best things I can say is:
- new casual players SHOULD in THEORY like it due to the easy to start multiball and tunes, but this is apparently not the case (ooops).
- the dots are light years ahead of ST. The dots appeared to be very well done, from what I could see seemed to be of Williams WPC quality with a lot of movement. I could be proven wrong but whenever I looked up at the display I was genuinely impressed. No Janky stills combined with super deformed characters combined with digitized movie clips like some recent games I can think of...

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can make a decision on how good/bad a pinball machine is just by looking at it?
I bow to your incredible superpowers!
FWIW I played Mustang Pro when I was in the USA last month and I thought it was a good game.
The code on it now is better than Star Trek. The modes have some good variety.
rd.

I did make a decision just by looking at it. There is nothing on it. When there are other games to play I didn't even bother. And to the person who said something about me thinking all Mustangs were shit. In my opinion they are. Im a car dealer so I have owned quite a few from a 641/2 up to the body style before the present. I hated them. Fords in general cause me WAAAAAAY more problems than any other car. But hey, Im glad you guys like them. Not being a ass here but when someone says this is the best game ever I just gotta add my 2 cents. If he would have said I really like the game I would have been really surprised and gone on. Hey some people like TMNT. Cowabunghole dude.

#125 9 years ago

Next time someone looks at this pinball machine in person could you please look around the machine to see if anything says "Design by: John Trudeau."
I guess Stern has a new spot for putting the designers name on the machine or is there a spot?

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I did make a decision just by looking at it. There is nothing on it. When there are other games to play I didn't even bother. And to the person who said something about me thinking all Mustangs were shit. In my opinion they are. Im a car dealer so I have owned quite a few from a 641/2 up to the body style before the present. I hated them. Fords in general cause me WAAAAAAY more problems than any other car. But hey, Im glad you guys like them. Not being a ass here but when someone says this is the best game ever I just gotta add my 2 cents. If he would have said I really like the game I would have been really surprised and gone on. Hey some people like TMNT. Cowabunghole dude.

So ragging on the Mustang pin wasn't enough for some people NOW their going after the car and Ford in general. Well I guess I made a bad decision in keeping my Mustang for 44 years....NOT.

#127 9 years ago

And??? Music still sucks. Game grew on me. lf YOU read anything, it's what l already said on the first page of this thread... so ????
friggin' p.i, hilsboro must be toon town.

Calm the eff down bro and take your personal shit elsewhere. Yikes

#128 9 years ago

Greatest? No. Fun? Yes.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Calm the eff down bro and take your personal shit elsewhere. Yikes

Laughing out loud, feel free to stay out of it if it's too much for you, you're not his lawyer. It's between him and I.

And ah yes. Pimp77- aka troll that goes around thumbing down many of my posts.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

My point was the art was criticized and the rebuttal was that since its a car pin it has to have said artwork and cant have Xmen or Metallica style artwork, which is super awesome looking.
Leads to the point that perhaps the theme just lends itself to less than sweet artwork

No reason Mustang couldn't have had an attractive art package...unfortunately, while it seemed like a good idea to get "Mr. Mustang" or whatever - the guy can paint a picture of a car, but clearly doesn't know how to make dynamic and fun pinball art. The Prem & LE translites are some of the ugliest, poorly composed, and boring translites to come out of Stern lately - most of their recent translites have been relatively attractive, IMO.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No reason Mustang couldn't have had an attractive art package...unfortunately, while it seemed like a good idea to get "Mr. Mustang" or whatever - the guy can paint a picture of a car, but clearly doesn't know how to make dynamic and fun pinball art. The Prem & LE translites are some of the ugliest, poorly composed, and boring translites to come out of Stern lately - most of their recent translites have been relatively attractive, IMO.

Camilo Pardo did the TL and sides, John Youssi did the playfield and plastics and Greg Freres did the bb sides and cab front.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

So ragging on the Mustang pin wasn't enough for some people NOW their going after the car and Ford in general. Well I guess I made a bad decision in keeping my Mustang for 44 years....NOT.

Some of you people are just too funny. So, when the guy says " Mustang is one of the best pins ever" we are all supposed to agree? It isn't personal and I am not attacking you. I didn't think much of it and didn't bother playing it and as far as Ford goes my experiences with Mustangs and other Fords is that they are not for me. As I said, I generally have far more problems with Ford products than any other cars I have had on my place. This is not a personal attack, take a deep breath and relax. If you like the car and the pin I am very glad. Pinside would not be much fun if every thread was nothing but people gushing over every pin, suggestion, mod or comment made here.

#133 9 years ago

Jedi mind trick - don't fail me now:

"Mustang is the pin you want, Mustang is the pin you are looking for..."

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So, when the guy says " Mustang is one of the best pins ever" we are all supposed to agree?

Of course not but people could be more civil and polite about it, that's my gripe. Something like "tried it but it wasn't to my liking" not "it's a piece of s@%t". If I see a topic about a game I don't care for I don't even bother to open it, why start an argument over a pin I care nothing about. I didn't join PS to start arguments.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Of course not but people could be more civil and polite about it, that's my gripe. Something like "tried it but it wasn't to my liking" not "it's a piece of s@%t". If I see a topic about a game I don't care for I don't even bother to open it, why start an argument over a pin I care nothing about. I didn't join PS to start arguments.

Ill give you that.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ill give you that.

Thank you, that's all I ask. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Jedi mind trick - don't fail me now:
"Mustang is the pin you want, Mustang is the pin you are looking for..."

ahh so Stern is paying you for promotion!

#138 9 years ago

The game is not actually that bad (haven't played the newest code yet). I give it a C+ grade. Here is what rescues it from D or F-dom:

1) In gears 5 and 6 you must clear the drops and then hit both deadly stand-ups in a short period of time to get the gear - original and fun to do

2) 6th gear or bust for the 100M 2x super

3) Setting up the 2x nitrous shot before starting Drift or SS and then trying to save it for the last remaining valuable shots of Drift or SS

Flame away.

#139 9 years ago

Laughing out loud, feel free to stay out of it if it's too much for you, you're not his lawyer. It's between him and I.
And ah yes. Pimp77- aka troll that goes around thumbing down many of my posts.

Jrivelli always comes to his buddy Markmon's defense. Not sure if he's his lawyer, but he's definitely his defender!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems quite the opposite was happening with Mustang. People hated it right off the bat, most without ever having played it.

The same thing happened with Star Trek. A lot of people said it was a narrow body ST:TNG or a Spider-Man redux. I think it feels a lot like S-M, except that the targets feel like more of an afterthought since they aren't really tied to any of the modes.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a car pin for cryin-out-loud, for the 50th Ann. of the Mustang. To have artwork like Met would be totally stupid. Met and Xmen can get away with art like that, Mustang could not.

I disagree ... The art is just bad in stang... Played the pro and the le

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jrivelli always comes to his buddy Markmon's defense. Not sure if he's his lawyer, but he's definitely his defender!

Defnitely lawyer

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Defnitely lawyer

Defense lawyer to be exact...

#144 9 years ago

Pimp77 and I had a small but decent e-mail exchange last night, followed by one with Markmon today, where we both have pulled out the pinball peace pipe. We just never got off on the right foot from a couple years back, but I believe that's all in the past now.
Flip on!

#146 9 years ago

Pimp77 and I had a small but decent e-mail exchange last night, followed by one with Markmon today, where we both have pulled out the pinball peace pipe. We just never got off on the right foot from a couple years back, but I believe that's all in the past now.
Flip on!

Thank you guys.

#147 9 years ago

"the pinball peace pipe"

NICE, hella choice of words.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

This guy might turn into a little gem when they are done with it

It may be a gem...but it's going to be a "5 years or so down the road, you pick one up for $2k at an auction" gem in the same way that Congo or Shadow have become gems. It's just not a theme most of us are gonna shell out NIB prices for.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It may be a gem...but it's going to be a "5 years or so down the road, you pick one up for $2k at an auction" gem in the same way that Congo or Shadow have become gems. It's just not a theme most of us are gonna shell out NIB prices for.

Good comparisoins actually. Congo's theme blows so many balls, but the game is insanely fun!!

#150 9 years ago

Claiming Mustang to be one of the greatest games ever is ** a bit ** excessive... Reminds me of that hilarious video posted by Abacusman concerning BBH with the "The quote that started it all" at 1:49
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abacusman-and-bbh-the-storythe-myth-the-legend

#t=113

It may become the WoF of 2014. Underappreciated theme for solid title that might eventually be found at bargain price.
So please keep on bashing it... until I find one at a discounted price!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-one-of-the-greatest-game-ever/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.