bowtie.jpg
fordlogo2003.jpg
image.jpg
image-997.jpg
183934-i.jpg
2013V62.jpg
2391fb5e743ff92bea6187bb5c107797.jpg
mustang.jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

I have a funny feeling that Stern will somehow manage without you..

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Me too. But if I tell ten friends about how crap their company treats its code and they tell ten friends. Word gets around.

If no one says or does anything about this issue with straightforward communication. They will just continue as they are. And nothing will change for the better.

Just my opinion but I think they are lying to us about working on code. Maybe they are now but my guess is they were working on Mustang.

That is just pure speculation as no one knows or will ever know the truth or facts. Other than Sten itself.
But by not knowing for sure one can assume the worst.

I wouln't have a problem with that if they had informed that they were working on coding the next title. And then would finish other releases right after Mustang hit the assembly line.

But to get nothing is a complete cop out and a slap in the face to customers on their part.
I have no respect for them as a company.

But I redpect the fact they make pins. However it seems they make unfinished pins for the last 2 years

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

#104 10 years ago

Sorry you aren't enjoying your Stern games, as a fan of X-men and ST tables I would be happy to work out a trade with you for a truly 'complete' PotC

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Sorry you aren't enjoying your Stern games, as a fan of X-men and ST tables I would be happy to work out a trade with you for a truly 'complete' PotC

I never said I'm not enjoying my pins. In fact I said I do enjoy them in my original post. I am just not enjoying this experience with Stern and how vague they treat information on releases code etc.

Terrible P.R. + Good pins = bad taste in my mouth for future machines.

I'm sure many feel the same.

#106 10 years ago

Gotcha. Ok all clear.

So you're saying the chances of playing Mustang are like one in a hundred?.....

Or more like one in a million?

#107 10 years ago

For me it will be 0 out of however many more machines Stern makes until they change.

Unfortunately by my guess, Ford has probably preordered these in advance. So it will look as if it will be good seller no matter what. So sales probably won't be affected greatly by anyone willing to speak with their wallets.

But hopefully operators and buyers as well don't order or buy until code is actually done.
Or at least until honest communication about a time when it will be.

Just my personal protest. I know one pissed customer doesn't matter. But by the looks of posts on pinside there are hundreds.

#108 10 years ago

Mustang we be Sterns highest selling title.

I'd bet it sells 10,000 just to Ford dealers and their customers. Then maybe another 1000 to pinheads and if it plays better than it looks maybe another 1000. This is the , power of partnering with Ford. To date Harley Davidson is Sterns best selling title.

And that game is not well received with pin heads

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Mustang we be Sterns highest selling title.

You're probably right and I don't find that thought encouraging. What incentive is there to create great pins if you know the majority will be bought regardless of how crappy they are provided you make the logo visible enough?

BTW, not a slam to gear heads who are all over this theme/title. I just want quality of play to remain one of the primary drivers of pinball sales.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

"Will not buy one or pay to play one on route."
Really? I can get the not wanting one bit. As a theme it leaves me utterly cold. The pics and layout have not made me change my mind. However it could potentially be fantastic. How could I resist sticking a pound into it if I found one on route? Doubt I'd stick a second in but who knows? (Still feel robbed after paying to pay Transformers on site )
As a protest not paying to play a game because of unfinished code is a very blunt weapon. Stern already have their cash from the sale, If everyone boycotts a machine on route the result is more likely that the op won't ever buy new machines again. Net result isn't that they will buy an old WMS instead simply that they won't have any pinball on site.
Sure, I get the frustration of unfinished code but this seems to hurt you and the op more than Stern. I'm always so glad to see any machines on site in the UK that I'll stick a few coins in, even if I know I don't like the game or have it at home. Without sited machines our hobby will die and rather than machines that hopefully get updated in the future we'll have no new machines.

That's rite, it's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. If people want to boycott Stern by not buying games that's their business but without games on site pinball is dead. Besides without new games to talk about what would we talk about.......just kidding.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd bet it sells 10,000 just to Ford dealers and their customers.

I'll take that bet.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

...and I suspect there will be. Why would Stern change their successful business plan now?

It's more of a product marketing mix than a business plan. The core product is still a pinball machine, but this time it's a partnered deal with Ford rather than a direct licensing agreement. Ford would not want to fragment the product into different tiers if they are also a direct seller. It's just easier to deal with a single SKU in this scenario. We'll see...

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

People are going to mod the shit out of that car on the play field.

brb going to toy store to sell these cars at 4x the price on here.

#114 10 years ago

Stern has added Mustang Pro as 'In Production' on their site, and has their photos up:

http://www.sternpinball.com/Games/mustang-pro.aspx

The Pictures show three different car models for on the playfield.

#115 10 years ago

No '70 bummer. Nice to see the game on their site with "clear" photos.

#116 10 years ago

Looks like fun.
Shifting gears, doing donuts, collecting cars, building up cars (handling, tires...,)

Looks like there is lots to do.

#117 10 years ago

More info posted today:

Just the Facts:
The three-machine lineup includes a "professional" version that pays tribute to five decades of Mustangs, a premium model that focuses on the hallowed Boss variants of the Mustang and a limited-edition version, signed by the designer, that features the original 1965 Mustang and the new-generation 2015 Mustang.

The pro version of the Mustang pinball machine costs $4,995 and will be available in April.

Link to entire article is: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/edmunds-ford-dealers-first-to-test-drive-2015-mustang-pinball-that-is.html

More info from the article:
The midlevel premium model will be the "player's game" for genuine pinball aficionados, Gomez believes — and it just might be the machine to have for hard-core Mustang enthusiasts, too, what with the game's singular focus on Mustang Boss models throughout the years. At the top of the line will be the limited-edition, or LE model. It will be signed by Gomez and features the 1965 and 2015 Mustangs.

As with most of Stern's newer pinball machines, the premium and limited-edition versions of the Mustang pinball machine will have more sophisticated achievements and shots and deeper scoring rules. There also will be some cosmetic differences: both upper-level pinball machines get genuine chrome Mustang badges on the speaker grilles.

The games incorporate a mix of classic pinball play features and modern technology to let players go "racing" with some of the greatest Mustangs of all time and even build up a dream collection as they progress. Different interactive sections of the playfield and sequences of shots let players go drag racing, rallying, drifting and road racing.

In a brief stint playing the new Mustang pinball game, we found several rewarding ramp shots — something of a signature Stern feature — and envision long-lasting enjoyment in the drop-target feature that enables one to shift up and down through the gears. Other features in the game include allowing the player to modify his own Mustang with tuner parts from the Ford Racing catalog.

Hitting 6th gear can bring as many as six balls into simultaneous play.

And it may not stop there. Lest Mustang fans think the legendary Shelby models slipped through the cracks, Gomez divulges that Stern is keenly interested in expanding the Mustang pinball line with a future Shelby-oriented version. "We just couldn't get a Shelby (business) deal done in time," Gomez laments.

#118 10 years ago

Looks like mustang will be another great game for a headphone kit. Choice of multiple songs before you start to play. Can wait to try it out.

Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#119 10 years ago

Looks great. In for more pics of LE.

#120 10 years ago

They had these at the Chicago Auto show, but they are in some sort of demo mode. There are other threads on this site about it. I will try and post pics and vids I shot tomorrow.

Phil

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

They had these at the Chicago Auto show, but they are in some sort of demo mode. There are other threads on this site about it. I will try and post pics and vids I shot tomorrow.
Phil

How did the game play?

#122 10 years ago

It is hard to say, as has been said it was a 2 minute timed game, so a lot of the normal game play wasn't there for you to try.

I posted some vids and pics here:

(vids)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-at-chicago-auto-show-zach-sharpe/page/2#post-1445312

(pics)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-at-chicago-auto-show-zach-sharpe#post-1443177

Phil

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-on-the-line-at-stern-image/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.