bowtie.jpg
fordlogo2003.jpg
image.jpg
image-997.jpg
183934-i.jpg
2013V62.jpg
2391fb5e743ff92bea6187bb5c107797.jpg
mustang.jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It doesnt make sense that Stern would make a number of thse since they arent supposed to ship until april.

April isn't that far away. Especially if they are shipping to Europe.

LTG : )

#52 10 years ago

I love the idea of switching out cars. Ten, twenty years from now we'll still have die cast models and it will be great to have that as an option.

#53 10 years ago

not blown away . do you get one if you buy a new mustang ?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Ummm...

image-997.jpg 59 KB

That is GM. Chevy specifically orangeish:
image.jpgimage.jpg

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Ummm...

image-997.jpg 59 KB

Ford Blue Oval since 1928
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/database2/fordlogo.php

fordlogo2003.jpgfordlogo2003.jpg
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Chevy specifically:

Mr. Goodshaft

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Nice now I want to see a LE.

I thought they were only making one model?

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am betting these will be at the Chicago auto show next week. I promise I will take pictures and high quality video when I go.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/
Next showing Feb 8th

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is GM. Chevy specifically orangeish:

image.jpg 7 KB

Yes, but I said GM. Plus, I would say Chevy is gold. Not orange.

And your point is? Ford and GM are both blue. I'm well aware of this. Have had a GM dealership in my family all my life.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

And your point is? Ford and GM are both blue. I'm well aware of this. Have had a GM dealership in my

The orange for Chevrolet is a reference to the colour of Chevy engines. Orange was used until all GM engines were painted the same corporate Blue. A lighter tone than that of what Ford used at that same time.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The orange for Chevrolet is a reference to the colour of Chevy engines. Orange was used until all GM engines were painted the same corporate Blue. A lighter tone than that of what Ford used at that same time.

Fair enough. I still don't understand why Chevy was even brought up. I never mentioned them in my initial post!

#62 10 years ago

Please make a Shelby LE!!!!

#63 10 years ago

I just realised the mustang toy is a different colour on the machine on the right yellow and red

#64 10 years ago

so the pin on the left in that photo is the cab art showing the car facing the rear of the pin and do you think the trim is Blue?

#65 10 years ago

I like the cabinet art and the upper PF roll overs. I do not understand why the car on PF is yellow when all other cabinet and backglass art is a red car?
That giant car in the center makes it look like a redo of Nascar, Grand Prix, Dale Jr. IMO.
Does every car game outside of HS and HS2 need a center mounted car? very original

Playing it on location but never buying one.

#66 10 years ago

The $2 for three plays is common in Australia maybe these are being shipped Down Under.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

The $2 for three plays is common in Australia maybe these are being shipped Down Under.

I've seen it here in the USA as well.

#68 10 years ago

looks like they tried to circle the problem - LOL

( J/K )

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Odd as I had a 350 in my 1978 Correct Craft Ski Natique and it was bright chevy blue. Engine was made right in good old WI.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ford could easily supply automotive style emblems. The Tri-bar Running Horse, or the just the Running Horse would be fine. Adding one would be an easy modification, Drill 3 holes, or saw off the alignment pins off the emblem then with some 3M double back tape stick it on. Sticking on the large Ford Oval off of a F-Series grille would be a bad idea.

Real automotive emblems/moldings haven't had alignment pins on the back in a looooong time. They're all just industrial grade double-sided tape. In the assembly plant, the operator puts the emblem into a hydraulic fixture, which addresses to the car at certain fixed points. Once the operator's sure the fixture is locked down to the product correctly, he hits a button and the fixture places the emblem on the car. This eliminates variation in aligment/position.

Modding this machine with real emblems will be super-easy...

Later,
EV

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe it goes up and down like on Nascar. Finally a replacement for the Test Car!

I'd love to see the door open and you need to hit that shot to lock a ball. That'd be cool. Doesn't look that way though.

#72 10 years ago

why should i buy this? serious question.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

why should i buy this? serious question.

Don't buy it.

Serious answer.

#74 10 years ago

Pinside now - it's awful, dated, uninspired, poor art, never going to buy it.

By release - 'it has a shiny shiny new thing and you can do doughnuts and it looks so much better in person - I'm getting the LE

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

why should i buy this?

Why buy any pinball machine?

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, not ALL of Pinside. I went on record the day the first pics were released saying "I like it". I'm not blown away, and I'm not pre-ordering anything - but I like what I've seen so far and look forward to playing one before I make my final decision.

#77 10 years ago

This is real GM not the modern junk.

Quoted from DCFAN:That is GM. Chevy specifically orangeish:

This is real GM not the modern junk...

bowtie.jpgbowtie.jpg
#78 10 years ago
Quoted from shock-e:

not blown away . do you get one if you buy a new mustang ?

The way pricing is going, the new Mustang may actually be more affordable than the Mustang pinball machine.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

This is real GM not the modern junk.

I respectfully disagree. We work our buns off here to make the best product we can. Our quality levels are light years ahead of what they were 50 years ago.

Later,
EV

Legal Disclaimer - Yes I am a GM engineer. My opinions are my own and do not neccessarily reflect any official stance of GM (but we'll all stand up with pride in our work! )

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

anyone else think the car in the middle on top of the drops is just too big and out of place, ala Xmen characters?

Not at all. According to the info we've seen so far, it's a standard 1:24 scale die-cast model. The other standard scale for car models is 1:18 scale. Now that would be too big.

I think using an off the shelf model is a great idea. Anyone will be able to replace it with a year of their choosing. I forsee folks who get the pin and own the car, swapping out the model for one like their own car.

According to here;

http://www.diecasthobbyusa.com/apps/webstore/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sort=newest&query=1%2F24+mustang

...there are over 70 to choose from!

Later,
EV

#81 10 years ago

This looks cool...Can't wait to play it!

#82 10 years ago

I'm going out on a limb and calling there will be no LE or Premium versions.

#83 10 years ago

Looks like there is bubble wrap on the top of the model car. If it's secured in there (in terms of being able to swap it out), that probably means that it will be moving during gameplay.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I respectfully disagree. We work our buns off here to make the best product we can. Our quality levels are light years ahead of what they were 50 years ago.

Later,
EV

That emblem is off my 72 blazer, as I only like the old stuff. Back then General motors was still made in Detroit, not nearly half a product of Mexico. If I ever got crazy and bought new, I would go general motors!! I work the salvage industry and you cant beat an allison trans/d-max or any ls motor for that fact. Just crushed a 99 5.3 silverado last week 388K on it all original besides the starter and alt. Keep up the great work!!

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I'm going out on a limb and calling there will be no LE or Premium versions

...and I suspect there will be. Why would Stern change their successful business plan now?

Quoted from EchoVictor:

I forsee folks who get the pin and own the car, swapping out the model for one like their own car.

Of course!! ...now if I can only find a black 2013 5.0 model.

DSC05026.jpgDSC05026.jpg
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

...and I suspect there will be. Why would Stern change their successful business plan now?

Perhaps because this table/machine appears to be targeted towards Ford dealerships and Mustang enthusiasts, not pinball collectors.

-Mark

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

By release - 'it has a shiny shiny new thing and you can do doughnuts and it looks so much better in person - I'm getting the LE

^^^^^^
100% agreed, and I can't wait to powdercoat the rails before I even play it !!!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

appears to be targeted towards Ford dealerships and Mustang enthusiasts, not pinball collectors

I think the key work here is 'appears'. Sure, right now it may appear that way, as there has been no official information from Stern except for the initial announcement. Then the photo's leaked, and we learned Ford dealers are getting access first....

But think about it - just because it's a Mustang pin, why would Stern just target Mustang enthusiasts? Are they just targeting X-men enthusiasts, or AC/DC enthusiasts, or Star Trek enthusiasts? You don't think there are some Mustang owners like myself who are also pinheads, and who would snap up a decent premium in a heartbeat? I suspect Stern will announce the full lineup (pro, prem, LE) with feature set within the next month or so.

Of course, I have no insider knowledge - so your guess could be as good as mine. Only time will tell.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Odd as I had a 350 in my 1978 Correct Craft Ski Natique and it was bright chevy blue.

I believe they switched from orange to blue in 1976. All the chevy motors from the late 50's until that time were orange.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I believe they switched from orange to blue in 1976. All the chevy motors from the late 50's until that time were orange.

Chevy History FTW! My 72 Monte and 67 Impala both were orange blocks. I believed they moved away from blue to black around 83 or 84....

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am betting these will be at the Chicago auto show next week. I promise I will take pictures and high quality video when I go.

I'll be at the black tie event on Friday (next week) so if it is there I will try it out for sure, a lot less people at $250/ticket to go to the black tie event!!

I'll bring my camera too and take some pics and vid.

Phil

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from philwojo:

I'll bring my camera too and take some pics and vid.

That would be great - thanks!

#93 10 years ago

the entire color scheme on this machine is god-awful... or is it just me? Backglass looks like very little effort was put into it, also.

#94 10 years ago

Don't like the theme, don't like the look. Don't like the layout. Do like the sideart. Will not buy one or pay to play one on route.
I would only possibly play it if it had free credits remaining in the wild.

I'm sure many people will love it, however.

Also that all people upset with Sterns current business practice do the same.

My personal protest to Stern after all this code and communication B.S.
I originally was not a Stern supporter but then they came out with some pins that I thought were good looking, had great themes and great layout. And in promo videos seemed to have had great rules, or at least were to have. So I bought them NIB, and now I'm left waiting in the dark for those games to be finished with code.1 of those may never be completed it seems, as no announcement has been released of the actual games being worked on.

My opinion is none at the moment as all the programmers were probably taken off past projects to work on this one for Ford. Stern just won't admit it.

Back to classic Williams and Bally for me. Until they get their s%&+ together.

#95 10 years ago

I'm surprised no one has posted a picture of Calvin pissing on a Mustang pin.

Personally, if it's one of JT's games I bet it will be awesome.

#96 10 years ago

The car on the PF is an off the shelf product that's picked arbitrarily on the line. It'll be like the toy suprise in a craker jack when you open the box, just a little nicer. Will be easy to change it out for which ever one you want to replace it with.
There will be an LE model.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

Perhaps because this table/machine appears to be targeted towards Ford dealerships and Mustang enthusiasts, not pinball collectors.

I suspect (hope) they learned something from the whole MET website fiasco, where distributors got their orders of LE's cut. That can't happen again. With the high profit margins on premiums and LE's, I'd be shocked if they didn't come out with at least LE's for Mustang. Who knows, maybe they'll wait 6 months to release those?

I may have missed it, but is there a Hot Wheel car on the playfield? Any other cross promotions, like the Ford, Chevy and Chrysler badges (among others) seen on Nascar's translite?

#98 10 years ago

"Will not buy one or pay to play one on route."

Really? I can get the not wanting one bit. As a theme it leaves me utterly cold. The pics and layout have not made me change my mind. However it could potentially be fantastic. How could I resist sticking a pound into it if I found one on route? Doubt I'd stick a second in but who knows? (Still feel robbed after paying to pay Transformers on site )

As a protest not paying to play a game because of unfinished code is a very blunt weapon. Stern already have their cash from the sale, If everyone boycotts a machine on route the result is more likely that the op won't ever buy new machines again. Net result isn't that they will buy an old WMS instead simply that they won't have any pinball on site.

Sure, I get the frustration of unfinished code but this seems to hurt you and the op more than Stern. I'm always so glad to see any machines on site in the UK that I'll stick a few coins in, even if I know I don't like the game or have it at home. Without sited machines our hobby will die and rather than machines that hopefully get updated in the future we'll have no new machines.

#99 10 years ago

I would pay to play just about any good, clean, working pin on route, especially a new one.

#100 10 years ago

Not going to support Stern whatsoever until they get it together. I know its harsh but I won't even suggest to my friends who play my pins to buy any NIB from them.

As for the code thing, I pretty much think that no one was working on existing games. It was just a P.R stunt to say code was being worked on before mustang was leaked. They were all pulled off to work on Mustang. Why else would it take this long.

I have no reason to believe otherwise as Stern never released what games they were working on. Or provided a estimated by 2014 quarter ?.
And when being left in the dark you assume the worst.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-on-the-line-at-stern-image/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.