(Topic ID: 92818)

Mustang leads me to Escape From the Lost World…(proto?)

By Archer600

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

diy-woodwork-tool-curse-saw-sawing-mfln396l.jpg.png
IMG_20140604_124040.jpg
IMG_20140413_111647-929.jpg
IMG_20140413_103350-840.jpg
IMG_20140413_110613-837.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I had one. I think all the manuals are stamped preliminary. I'm not familiar with any game/art specific differences if there are any actual prototypes out there.

Can't say about this "hole"...pretty sure there was a cabinet speaker in the one I had. Post some pics of the inside of the cabinet on this please.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

Nice score! Pretty sure that upper playfield crossover bridge was clear (yours is brown) on the games I have played.

I've never seen a clear bridge...and it's not brown, it's gold. The bridge was documented as "The Bridge of Gold" skill shot in the manuals and flyers.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Archer600:

Thanks for the input everyone! I suppose it's very possible that a lot of the manuals may have been printed this way. I looked at the serial number on the cabinet and from what I can tell is nothing special (#1256).

I will grab a picture of the extra hole in the bottom of the cabinet and post tomorrow. To be clear there is a speaker in the bottom of the cabinet. This is a second hole ~6 inches in diameter that's nicely cut in the bottom of the cab but further towards the back.

Odd why this would be intended for a game that was designed to make money on location... You'd just have to cover over it first I suppose.

The only other theory I can suggest for the extra hole: An intentional "Bass - Reflex" design, perhaps? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_reflex

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

A pinball cab isn't air tight so putting in more holes wouldn't accomplish anything.

I know it isn't airtight. But it is, for the most part, still a closed box, equipped with a low power amp, a small woofer. You would hear some of the back waves coming out of a second hole in the box, no doubt. When I open the coin door on my games I hear the sound spilling out...dramatically louder. Usually I have to close the coin door, listen again, and readjust the volume.

Any other explanations for the hole? If I saw a picture, might be able to suggest from the dimensions if it was put there for a speaker, perhaps a mistake, a cab intended for another game or something along those lines.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

Not that it really even matters, but I think something like this mixed with a little of what Vid suggested is the most reasonable assumption. Surplus parts from another game and/or a vestige from a design change.

I just can't remember if mine had a hole there or not. I think if it did, I would probably remember it. Cabinet was heavy as hell on that game. It's a strange game - but I thought it fun. Just didn't catch on with the ol' lady so much.

#28 9 years ago

diy-woodwork-tool-curse-saw-sawing-mfln396l.jpg.pngdiy-woodwork-tool-curse-saw-sawing-mfln396l.jpg.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Cumberland, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 36.95
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-leads-me-to-escape-from-the-lost-world%e2%80%a6proto?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.