image-400.jpg
199893-i.jpg
1800480_10152253360609244_1935096589_n.jpg
image-838.jpg
image-256.jpg
thank-you-captain-obvious-lg.jpg
image-35.jpg
!!!!!!1-629.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago

LOL!!!! I own 3 mustangs and have been dying to get one of these since it was announced. $8500 (or even $7500) for this pin is an absolute joke. The sad part is they will probably sell them but I just can't understand why we put up with more $$$ for less over and over and over....

Edit - I finally figured out where the "not understanding people don't pay MSRP came from". In my example I was talking only the LE and the $7500 coment could have been interpreted as the prem model. " $8500 (or even $7500) for this pin is an absolute joke." Should read - " $8500 (or even $7500 dist price for the LE) for this pin is an absolute joke.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why is the concept of MSRP being significantly higher than real paid prices so hard for some of you to grasp? We see you do this every single game announcement.

So what you are saying is you really believe the dist are going to be selling this for $1500 to $2K less than MSRP? It's brought up everytime as when the MSRP goes up so do our real pricing. More importantly on this pin what is present to support the price of even STLE, AC/DCLE (heck even premium), METLE, etc... The LE/Prem version is basically equivalent to a pro in my opinion. So disappointed...

#81 10 years ago

I thought I was obvious in my statement but obviously it wasn't. I agree that MSRP is not what people will buy it for. What I am saying is this pin is no where near what the previous ones were for this cost. It's a way of raising profit without raising prices. Same as what the food industry does with their new box that went from 16 ounces to 14 ounces with the same price. I hope the code is awesome on this pin but the premium and LE version looks and has the feel of the same level of quality as the pro's of previous models.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I call bs. Where are you getting all that for 8500??

That would be easy for $8.5k. Bigger SC is going to run about $4-5k depending on size and supporting mods. Should be no problem to get the rest for $4k.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok lets set a baseline, what kind of supercharger, cause thats what its costing to build a supercharged Challenger, Total. Not even with a forged topend.

Apples and oranges man. The GT 500 already has a supercharger. He's just talking about upgrading to a larger one. Already has the fuel system to support it, wont have to buy a new intake, etc. Just the actual blower itself. Since he said 120HP I'm assuming he's looking at the 2.9 whipple as it will support up to 800hp. http://www.teamjdm.com/2007-2013-shelby-gt500-whipple-2-9l-supercharger-upgade-kit/ It's $4K. Could even go with the 3.4 for $4.5K.

CF drive shaft - $1.1K http://vmptuning.com/engine-and-drivetrain/pstds-cf/
Axles seem unnecessary at that power unless he's taking it to the drag strip but that would be $500 - $1K depending on how over board you want to go. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MOS-A883105/Mustang-GT-GT500-Moser-31-Spline-Rear-Axles Lower end axles here but are still some real nice ones.

This is only $6.5K which would leave him $2K for the tires he spoke about or even a bigger SC. With GT 500's the big money is the ticket to entry (the car itself) after that the upgrades really aren't to bad. I've got an 04 Cobra and for about $1K I got another 100 hp to the ground. Just a pulley change, intake, and tune.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you serious?? the ZL-1 has the Corvette motor, Not the SS. I smoke SS's all day long in my HEMI Challenger!

0 for 2 my friend.

The SS has the same basic engine as the corvette just detuned a bit. Both are 6.2 LS based engines. The ZL-1 has the supercharged version which is shared with the earlier Corvette ZR-1.

i wont touch the other comment but this is the cool thing about these times as the US car manufactures are getting back into the HP wars and we got a new car pin out of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-le?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.