Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BenetBoy78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-400.jpg
199893-i.jpg
1800480_10152253360609244_1935096589_n.jpg
image-838.jpg
image-256.jpg
thank-you-captain-obvious-lg.jpg
image-35.jpg
!!!!!!1-629.jpg

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Because it adds nothing. The ramp is a 2 way ramp already no need to divert. I will back off if the lock bar button actually controls the divertor otherwise, its pointless

it then turns it into a 3 or 4 way ramp....

I agree, I hope the button does something awesome.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's "the market"? Pinside? We're like 5% of pinball sales, if that. We may be passionate and loud...but if WE were the only buyers of pinball, pinball would be dead. I have zero interest in Mustang, but I have zero problem with it existing. For the sake of argument, lets say it doesn't sell as well as other games....it's actually not a big deal, because Stern's business plan has been solid. A new game keeps the line busy, and they STILL have 4 other titles currently in production...and those 4 titles have Pro & Premium models available for different customer bases. If Mustang's sales were mediocre, they'd be fine as they have other titles selling & another coming up. However, as JJ said - there's massive interest in this title outside the hobby. Stern sold a TON of Mustang Pros at that Ford show alone. Sales are sales - they don't have to all come from "us" ...they CAN'T all come from us...we only have so much space/cash to throw at new pins....we can armchair quarterback all we want, but Stern's business decisions have clearly allowed them to thrive and expand, despite Pinside protest.

\

No doubt the PRO will sell well. I was on board and was going to buy one until I saw the premium. The 8 songs versus 4 songs and no button on the lock bar kill both options for me. I'm soso on theme and was 100% behind getting a pro as I don't see the value in the premium on this title, but then everything is released and I look it over and I'm thinking a PRO is about $4300.00 and a Premium $6300.00 ? I do not see $2K in upgrades and this reminds a lot of Transformers which I took a huge loss on.

If the Pro had 8 songs and a lockbar button Stern would have my $$$. I bought LE games from TFLE through STLE everyone of them! This one I cannot justify and wanted to go pro, but instead I'll buy a premium for $5200.00 in a year when someone has one for sale or if I'm wowed by the PRO I'll cave. The damn lack of songs on the PRO kills me.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Like all new games, I am looking forward to playing this.
I really hope Stern sends someone to MGC with one to play. MGC is steadily becoming the biggest and best show in the midwest so it only seems logical that a distributor woudl bring one up.

Yes, I have no idea why Stern doesn't show up at MGC... you're missing a huge opportunity to reveal your product to your target market. It's really hard to get a chance to play some of these pins without seeking them out, and even then, they can be few and far between.

Prior to this year they were only showing the most recent release at Expo... they release two other pins that same year, but only showcase one of them? This past year was the first I had noticed them (or Marco, not really sure who is responsible for that) with more than the latest release... but why not have ALL the pins there that are currently available for sale??

I heard that they used to show up at MGC, but there was a mean lady there, so they stopped going or something.

#154 5 years ago

So 50 years of Mustang and only 8 songs from the sony 50 years collection?
I guess one song for each mode, but how do you pick 8 songs from 50 years - less than 2 songs per decade.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avatar's ramp is simple and always goes to the right flipper. This ramp has a flap so the ball can go under. It has multiple divertors on top so it can go to the whirlpool, right inlane, or left inlane. There are a lot of outcomes from that one shot.

I like BBBs ramp. Can go to the tube dancer, rosencrans, guildestern, the left lockup or the right inlane. Makes up a bit for the game having only one ramp.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I like BBBs ramp. Can go to the tube dancer, rosencrans, guildestern, the left lockup or the right inlane. Makes up a bit for the game having only one ramp.

Sorta like TOTAN. People don't seem to hold the single ramp against it.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

$8,500 boys. Pony Up!

Hell to the No. PASS.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

$8,500 boys. Pony Up!

Hell to the No. PASS.

#159 5 years ago

I really like the playfield art. Has a nice car vibe but doesn't look too serious. A lot of nice little touches to it.

I'm not a car guy but the game sounds interesting nonetheless. Building up a car, racing others, it all sounds like it could have some unique gameplay to it.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Pinfidel said:

$8,500 boys. Pony Up

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Hell to the No. PASS.

It's not $8500. STLE MSRP was almost $300 dollars higher. People weren't paying $8795.00 for that one either.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's prob less than 5%...I was being generous lol I think we're potentially a bigger % of the LE market...and that % diminishes with Premium and especially Pro.

Too bad the LE gets lumped in with the Premium when you list it in your collection, we could get a more accurate idea from that, since at least the LE numbers are known.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

The 8 songs versus 4 songs and no button on the lock bar kill both options for me.

The songs I could at least understand, probably licensing costs there or something, but the button is weird. Of course we don't actually know what it does, must interact with something on the playfield that the Pro doesn't have. Press it to rotate the car or something.

#163 5 years ago

Game looks awesome. Can't wait to play it.

I'm only looking at the pictures in this thread. I know from experience the petty barbs that are being thrown just like every other game that comes out and no one has played yet. Maybe later I will actually read through this thread just to fill my ignore bin.

#164 5 years ago

Well I like Jon T so I'm dying to play it.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I like Jon T so I'm dying to play it.

Same here. At Expo I told him I loved Congo because each shot has multiple outcomes due to the divertors and whatnot - I loved how he could make a finite box with finite shots expand with that type of design ....he said "Great, then you'll LOVE my new game!" So - definitely wanna play it! Hopefully someone in SoCal will get one

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Same here. At Expo I told him I loved Congo because each shot has multiple outcomes due to the divertors and whatnot - I loved how he could make a finite box with finite shots expand with that type of design ....he said "Great, then you'll LOVE my new game!" So - definitely wanna play it! Hopefully someone in SoCal will get one

Gable House Bowl in Torrance is planning to get a pro.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Gable House Bowl in Torrance is planning to get a pro.

Looks like I'll be taking a field trip with Aurich!

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Ford stands for found on the road dead

1. Fix Or Repair Daily
2. Fumped Over Rebuilt Dodge
3. First On Race Day

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So - definitely wanna play it! Hopefully someone in SoCal will get one

You know me Greg I'm thinking about a Premium.

#170 5 years ago

I've done some digging and have 2 quotes for a Boss Premium, both are around $6800 USD. Plus taxes and shipping. Now to decide which place to get it from. With the MSRP at $7495 for the Premium.

#171 5 years ago

Is there still a chance of a Shelby LE?

The folks at Shelby American in Las Vegas have heard nothing at this point.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I've done some digging and have 2 quotes for a Boss Premium, both are around $6800 USD. Plus taxes and shipping. Now to decide which place to get it from. With the MSRP at $7495 for the Premium.

This seems high as I know ST Premium people got games for under $6500.00

#173 5 years ago

Well, I had no interest in AC/DC until I went to RMPS and Game Exchange had a Premium there. I was sold on it by day 2 and when I got home I shuffled up the collection a bit and sent a couple of machines out the door to fun my purchase of a premium (from JJ, of course).

Here's hoping that we see Mustang at RMPS this year (hint, hint, nudge, nudge)!

#174 5 years ago

e-mail sent regarding interest in Boss premium edition Stern Mustang pin. Thanks.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

e-mail sent regarding interest in Boss premium edition Stern Mustang pin. Thanks.

You can't go wrong buying from JJ, he will take care of you for sure, and the premium looks like a good pick on this title.

Kevin

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks like I'll be taking a field trip with Aurich!

Works for me!

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This seems high as I know ST Premium people got games for under $6500.00

In Canada? That part is key.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In Canada? That part is key.

'Indeed'

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You can't go wrong buying from JJ, he will take care of you for sure, and the premium looks like a good pick on this title.

Kevin

If I ever buy NIB again, it's going to be from JJ.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If I ever buy NIB again, it's going to be from JJ.

Me too! He's my supplier!

#181 5 years ago

Lot of interest for a POS looking game

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from rushfan:

Lot of interest for a POS looking game

Some of us think it could be very good.

#183 5 years ago

I like the playfield and cab art. Rules and modes have me intrigued but who is doing them? The price point demands more.

All I was saying is this is a big wait, play and see. Just like Avengers. And all of Gomezs designs. Not a fan if his flow. It was Gs turn up. Yes T is the designer but this looks like the two teamed up. I bet you could buy these at a discount after the honeymoon phase.

1 month later
#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just Got word that we should be expecting a Announcement on Mustang LE
We have Started putting people in line if you want to get in on Mustang Email or Call me and will get you taken care of
Thanks,
JJ
jjb@gameexchange.biz

Hey JJ, Let us know any updates on schedule and price when you get the word. I would also like to know the songs that are on the machine. And is there any chance they will make a mirrored backglass instead of the translite that is indicated on the Stern website?
many thanks.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Atlanta, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,000.00
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside