New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 91443)

Mustang LE pictures

By michaelp

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0443.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0442.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0444.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0441.JPG (2).JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I just opened up a Mustang LE, and have to say the artwork and trim color are very nice. The candy blue is just beautiful. Here are some photos.IMG_0446.JPGIMG_0445.JPGIMG_0441.JPG (2).JPGIMG_0444.JPG (2).JPGIMG_0442.JPG (2).JPGIMG_0443.JPG (2).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looks fun. Can't wait to play one.

#3 6 years ago

Congrats, Michael, looks great! Let us know about the cabinet sides, as Stern made a big deal about some special finish. Also, I thought those big plastic leg protectors were a no-no and not even needed. Don't want your decals getting messed up.

#4 6 years ago

Lookin good!

#5 6 years ago

You don't need those leg protectors! Stern games have standoffs now so the legs never touch the cabinet. Those protectors are more likely to damage/wrinkle the cabinet decals than protect anything!

#6 6 years ago

Looks nice!

Looking forward to playing one of these.

Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't need those leg protectors! Stern games have standoffs now so the legs never touch the cabinet. Those protectors are more likely to damage/wrinkle the cabinet decals than protect anything!

+1

#7 6 years ago

Congrats! Does the cabinet indeed has some kind of 3d effect? There was something special about it no?

#8 6 years ago

Man I want to play this game!!!! So what time should pinside come on over?

- Also what does the button on the lockdown bar do?

#9 6 years ago

Just noticed the cliffy -esque protector on the Mustang Store Scoop. Thats a big plus as it is a high wear area.

#10 6 years ago

Cabinet looks way better as on the pro

Played the pro last week and it was a pleasant surprise. Still no fan of the art on the Playfield (if you can call it art) but playing was not bad at all

#11 6 years ago

Very nice looking game! I like how the cabinet side artwork is one big piece of art and not a busy collage of a bunch of cars. I also like the siderails being angled near the flipper buttons over the older rounded type. I'm sure the turntable is pretty cool looking in motion. The ramp crossover is also very nice. It's barely noticeable.......kinda like those "Illuminated speaker surrounds".

#12 6 years ago

Yes, report on the magic cabinet finish that they did instead of a mirrored backglass plz!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, report on the magic cabinet finish that they did instead of a mirrored backglass plz!

The decals are almost lenticular, and almost metalized. They look thicker, too. Not really sure what the correct description would be. Certainly not like any others before them. They look great. Only played one game, then had to leave it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from michaelp:

The decals are almost lenticular, and almost metalized. They look thicker, too. Not really sure what the correct description would be. Certainly not like any others before them. They look great. Only played one game, then had to leave it.

Cool, very curious how the reactions to them go, and how they hold up over time.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does that include Star Trek?

#16 6 years ago

It includes them all, but I still like to add PinCab protectors. It makes me feel alittle better about it.

#17 6 years ago

Well if they are shipping L.E.s then the Premiums can't be more than a few weeks away. Like everyone else what does the button do? Hope it does not active the whinny horse sound.

#18 6 years ago

Here is a quick, short video of game play. Please excuse the crappy flippery.

#19 6 years ago

The first decal Stern cabinet was TF...and they wrinkled right away. Starting with AC/DC, they added the standoff cabinet protectors, so yes, now every game is protected from the factory...the leg will never directly touch the cabinet decal.

Quoted from michaelp:

It includes them all, but I still like to add PinCab protectors. It makes me feel alittle better about it.

...as long as they're also raised by the standoff and not touching the cabinet decals. If they're touching the decals, those decals will wrinkle.

#20 6 years ago

What does the button do and the turntable, is there any shots to it or is it just a car on a turntable

Thanks

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from michaelp:

Your machine, do what you like of course, but you could potentially damage things with them, and they aren't actually helping anything. I'd never add to them to any machine with the standoffs.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The first decal Stern cabinet was TF...and they wrinkled right away. Starting with AC/DC, they added the standoff cabinet protectors, so yes, now every game is protected from the factory...the leg will never directly touch the cabinet decal.

...as long as they're also raised by the standoff and not touching the cabinet decals. If they're touching the decals, those decals will wrinkle.

Thanks!

#23 6 years ago

Does anyone else find it odd the car goes in opposite directions on the cabinet artwork ? Just strikes me as strange. Regardless I do like the artwork and the BG on the LE is kinda cool.

Two thumbs up for Michael Pupo at Flipper Fidelity as well as a great asset to the hobby and a nice guy to deal with. Order your Sterns from him with confidence... And that 's coming from a JJP distributor - oh the horror !!!! lol : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from michaelp:

The irony is that if you go to sell the pin it will probably make a potential buyer feel more concerned about it.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Does anyone else find it odd the car goes in opposite directions on the cabinet artwork ? Just strikes me as strange.

They didn't want to pay the artist to do two unique sides apparently, and Ford wasn't about to let them mirror the car so it was backwards, so they had to just run it the same on both side.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

what does the button do?

Activates a shot of Nitrous. YEEEEEHAAWWWW!

#27 6 years ago

Awesome looking game. And brand new code released today for it

#28 6 years ago

Hmmm blue Color is amazing. Did not see the drop targets etc come up and not loving t he spinning car. I love the crossover ramp. That's a big plus.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside