44%
  • This game is terrible and I will never own one 10 votes
    16%

(62 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

194E4552-C86D-4CFE-AB31-6E4BCC6ABF19 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I might have a chance at a NIB Mustang LE at around 9k. Is this game worth it in your opinion? Overpriced? Just looking for some general advice here, having a hard time finding one HUO which would be preferred. This game just came up on our radar recently when we played it on location, we all agreed to was a fun pin to play.

#2 2 years ago

Big nope

#3 2 years ago

It’s a great game. I love my premium.
However, 9K is friggin’ nuts.

#4 2 years ago

I actually really like Mustang especially with the cool music. For 9k though easy pass maybe find a premium or pro instead.

#5 2 years ago

It's kind of flat but everytime I played it was fun. I think it has some throwback 90s W/B humor which is nice.

9K? Fuck no.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It’s a great game. I love my premium.
However, 9K is friggin’ nuts.

Maybe it nuts. But keep in mind it's almost impossible to get these, very few were made and no one that has one wants to sell. Also, the market right now is so all over the map with pricing it makes my head spin, I can't even get a solid handle on prices anymore.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I actually really like Mustang especially with the cool music. For 9k though easy pass maybe find a premium or pro instead.

I like the premium/LE better for all the extras, but I have all but given up trying to find this one, tough to find a seller when so few were made. I would prefer a premium though over the extra $$$ for an LE if I could find an HUO.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Maybe it nuts. But keep in mind it's almost impossible to get these, very few were made and no one that has one wants to sell. Also, the market right now is so all over the map with pricing it makes my head spin, I can't even get a solid handle on prices anymore.

So why ask the question if you are going to disagree?

At the moment people are asking stupid prices for any pin.

If its still sitting around NIB after 5 years or whatever that gives you an idea how good or in demand the game is.

#9 2 years ago

I like the premium/LE better for all the extras, but I have all but given up trying to find this one, tough to find a seller when so few were made. I would prefer a premium though over the extra $$$ for an LE if I could find an HUO.

Someone keeps trying to sell a HUO premium in the Denver area, they put the add up for awhile and then it expires. Either it sold finally or it will be up again soon, you could try putting a wanted ad up on Denver craigslist and see if they reach out.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Someone keeps trying to sell a HUO premium in the Denver area, they put the add up for awhile and then it expires. Either it sold finally or it will be up again soon, you could try putting a wanted ad up on Denver craigslist and see if they reach out.

Good tip. Do you remember the price they were asking?

#11 2 years ago

one of sterns ugliest games, but arguably one of the most fun. I enjoyed the few times I've played it. 9k is definitely high, but again its NIB. id look for a used premium.

#12 2 years ago

Good tip. Do you remember the price they were asking?

Maybe $7200? Don't know for sure.

#13 2 years ago

You’re trying to convince yourself. Dangerous behavior.

#14 2 years ago

There are TWDLE's, GOTLE's, and such in the $9K range which everyone in this thread will say are better games, and a better LE package. Mustang is a fun game both Pro and LE, but for $9K you can get more elsewhere. I'd probably think Mustang LE would fetch about $7500-7800. So $9K is an overpay, but at least it's not a $20K JJP flip!

Also, definitely consider the Pro. It makes few concessions to the Prem/LE.

#15 2 years ago

Go look at the market archives. There were two LEs listed in the last year with very low plays in the 6-7k range. It is unanimous that all of us think 9k is nuts but only you can determine what it is worth to YOU.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You’re trying to convince yourself.

I am trying to convince myself of the price of this NIB LE. I agree with others that it is a bit high.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

There are TWDLE's, GOTLE's, and such in the $9K range which everyone in this thread will say are better games, and a better LE package. Mustang is a fun game both Pro and LE, but for $9K you can get more elsewhere. I'd probably think Mustang LE would fetch about $7500-7800. So $9K is an overpay, but at least it's not a $20K JJP flip!
Also, definitely consider the Pro. It makes few concessions to the Prem/LE.

Yes, I agree now that 9k is overprice currently for a Mustang LE. But I also think a Pirates LE at 20k is overprice and people are still buying them, I never would.

#18 2 years ago

People overpay for tons of things to get instant satisfaction. If you are patient, you will find a near new Mustang LE and an extra 2K still in your pocket. "It's not all about how much you make but how much you keep..."

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

9K is friggin’ nuts.

Maybe it nuts. But keep in mind it's almost impossible to get these

There are literally hundreds of pinball machines available that are a better deal than a 9k #mustang_le
The reason it's a stupid price is compared to what else is available for 9k you can do much better.
Of COURSE if you HAVE TO HAVE a #mustang_le you're going to have to play whatever price is asked because you can't just go buy one anywhere.

If you need a reason to talk yourself out of it: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/08/29/john-trudeau-charged/

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

People overpay for tons of things to get instant satisfaction. If you are patient, you will find a near new Mustang LE and an extra 2K still in your pocket. "It's not all about how much you make but how much you keep..."

Good point, I guess I need to be patient. Might take a year or two but one will pop up eventually.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

So why ask the question if you are going to disagree?

Kind of his schtik

#22 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone giving "positive" comments. I was on the line with this one but definitely not going to do 9k now on an LE, I just needed a little push in one direction or another. Still curious of what others think of this game overall, we had a ton of fun on it, more fun then many of the other newer Sterns around it.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kind of his schtik

sorry if I dont see the point of asking peoples opinion just so you can argue with them when they disagree with you.

Comparing Pirates the most in demand to a game that is so low demand they are still around NIB from 5 years ago is a joke sorry.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There are literally hundreds of pinball machines available that are a better deal than a 9k Mustang (Premium/LE)

Good point, we really liked Wonka recently also, maybe that would be a better fit for us right now.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

how much you make, is definitely a factor.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

how much you make, is definitely a factor.

True that! That's why I said "It isn't *ALL* about how much you make....". I know many people that have made less and are better off in the long term than those that made a lot and blew it all.

#27 2 years ago

I'm one of the biggest Mustang fans around, but even I think that's overpriced. Then again on the other hand, it's getting to be an older game now with very few NIB still available. Like any game, the more the NIB supply dries up, the more it will increase in price. I'd say if you really, really want a NIB LE, you might not find a better deal. If it were me, I'd probably wait until a nice used one popped up. $9k would get you a much more desirable game that would hold its value better. With Mustang, you will lose $1.5-2k as soon as you open that box. BUT...you'd have a brand new Mustang LE. Only you can decide if that's more valuable to you than the money you'll lose if you sell it. It sounds like you'd rather have a HUO Premium, so in that case, I'd wait. Would be a different story if this one were a smoking deal, but it's not.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm one of the biggest Mustang fans around, but even I think that's overpriced. Then again on the other hand, it's getting to be an older game now with very few NIB still available. Like any game, the more the NIB supply dries up, the more it will increase in price. I'd say if you really, really want a NIB LE, you might not find a better deal. If it were me, I'd probably wait until a nice used one popped up. $9k would get you a much more desirable game that would hold its value better. With Mustang, you will lose $1.5-2k as soon as you open that box. BUT...you'd have a brand new Mustang LE. Only you can decide if that's more valuable to you than the money you'll lose if you sell it. It sounds like you'd rather have a HUO Premium, so in that case, I'd wait. Would be a different story if this one were a smoking deal, but it's not.

And I’m guessing the premium is worth close to a grand more than the LE, assuming both are HUO and in great shape.

#29 2 years ago

If you pay 9k for that I have a WWE NIB I would take 11k for.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

If you pay 9k for that I have a WWE NIB I would take 11k for.

WWE belongs in a museum as a historical masterpiece since it's the first Spike game. Worth 11k all day every day.

#31 2 years ago

Pass. Had chance on nib le and pro. Newer pro games are better. I wanted a new le, or le in general. But the game isn't that good.

#32 2 years ago

I'm going to buy it and flip it for an easy K.

Seriously though, how long has it been on the market? That's usually a good indicator.

#33 2 years ago

I had a pro for awhile and loved it. Great rules and variety. You could get one for under $5k easily. And spend the rest on something else or save. Not worth that extra $4k for this game. What do you get? A couple of drop targets and the rotating car??? Shaker and different art? Pfft.

#34 2 years ago

I can’t recommend spending that much for one, but I also wouldn’t sell my Mustang LE for 9k just because there’s nothing out there I like better to replace it with. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s a great pin with different modes and a lot of humor that they didn’t make many of.

#35 2 years ago

I liked Mustang Pro. I had one and it is the all time perfect game to pick your own music with pinball browser. I had some fun classic rock on mine.

I’ve always wanted an LE. I dislike the Premium art so I’ll hold out. One day I’ll find one at a good price.

#36 2 years ago

The most fun I ever had on Mustang was a pro on location that had all the music replaced with completely random stuff. Alice in chains, smokey and the bandit, random pop song, was a hoot trying to uncover it all.

9K for an LE is a bit much IMHO, get a pro for half that.

#37 2 years ago

This is one of those games I would like to have hoping for a low price. I like the game, so would buy if the price is right. However, I'm priced out on most modern games so I can have a low expecation list for the right money.

#38 2 years ago

BIG yes (as long as you like the theme of course).

VERY fun game (especially the Premium/LE versions) and HIGHLY underrated!

#39 2 years ago

Everything is nuts right now. As long as the fed will print money and hand it out like cheap candy prices will go up. When reality sets in and the government tightens the money supply we are in for some big corrections. For now, take the 9k and buy 1/4th of a bitcoin. It will be worth $250k in a few years.

7 months later
#40 2 years ago

Well, $9k looks cheap now for an LE. Funny how things change. Will be interesting to look back in a year.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Well, $9k looks cheap now for an LE. Funny how things change. Will be interesting to look back in a year.

No, its still crazy

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No, its still crazy

Sure is.
I’ve got the premium and in my mind it’s a 6K machine, but I’m. To selling regardless.

#43 2 years ago

Oh, I agree it is all crazy, but if you look at the market Mustang LE is a deal. The game is actually very fun to play and is challenging also. Probably the most underrated LE machine ever made. I was pleasantly surprised when I played it for the first time.

#44 2 years ago

I never ended up buying the one I mentioned. I still want one but would rather have a premium or pro. The LE just doesn't feel like a 9k pin to me even in today's market. Anyone selling a premium let me know.

#45 2 years ago

I wanted to like this game, but can't. Had a chance in le. Wish I bought so I could flip it. Boring game

#46 2 years ago

I never ended up buying the one I mentioned. I still want one but would rather have a premium or pro. The LE just doesn't feel like a 9k pin to me even in today's market. Anyone selling a premium let me know.

Premiums will be more than $9,000

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I wanted to like this game, but can't. Had a chance in le. Wish I bought so I could flip it. Boring game

To each their own. Wish I had still one. Ended up selling my LE a few years ago for what would be a bargain today.

#48 2 years ago

I found the machine to be pretty boring, especially the pro. Not enough variety in the pro compared to the Premium/LE (4 additional songs, more modes, more parts). Even then the Premium/LE gets pretty dull after a few games.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

I found the machine to be pretty boring, especially the pro. Not enough variety in the pro compared to the Premium/LE (4 additional songs, more modes, more parts). Even then the Premium/LE gets pretty dull after a few games.

Sounds like you need to play better o you can appreciate all the depth this game has to offer.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Sounds like you need to play better o you can appreciate all the depth this game has to offer.

I can play just fine with average scores in the 50 million range on the machine. Something just doesn't click with me on it that's all.

Different strokes for different folk I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-le-is-it-worth-it?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.