image-48.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Still not interested but.... First to post lolimage-48.jpgimage-48.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Nothing to get excited over there.

#3 10 years ago

Not the kind of ride I'm looking for.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed. When Mustang was announced, they made a big deal about the artist that was hired. ....looks more like a photoshop job than hand drawn art.

#5 10 years ago

The blue color scheme is nice, though.

#6 10 years ago

I like the backglass. Not so much a fan of the side art but being it wont be seen if between two other machines that's OK. Hope to won one some day.

#7 10 years ago

Love the blue, but the angle of the side of the car on there is WEIRD.

#8 10 years ago

April 17th 2014. Today, is the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

April 17th 2014. Today, is the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang.

A GREAT DAY! HIP HIP HOORA......oh a butterfly.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed. When Mustang was announced, they made a big deal about the artist that was hired. ....looks more like a photoshop job than hand drawn art.

Sometimes artists draw/paint in an extremely realistic way. It's "hand drawn" in the same way that WOZ or Avengers artwork is.

#11 10 years ago

The backglass is pretty nice! Cab needs to be seen in person I think. I am hoping the '65 is on the other side of the cab, rather than the '15 on both. I agree that the angle seems weird.

I loved the pro cab from pics and I was still blown away seeing it in person. Those who say it looks photoshopped are downright wrong. If anything the art is so good it looks photographic, but is definitely hand drawn when seen up close. It's pretty amazing. I wasn't completely sold on the pro translite from pics, but in person it's awesome. I am sure this one will be the same.

#12 10 years ago

With 50 years of Mustangs you have sooo many options for artwork! This looks, to me, like someone went online and captured a few photos and threw them on!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

looks more like a photoshop job than hand drawn art.

IMO, a lot of the Mustang artwork looks like they took an original photo, opened it up in Photoshop, and applied a default "Artistic" filter. Here's an example I just did in 5 seconds:

Photoshopped:
photoshopped.jpgphotoshopped.jpg

Original:
original.jpgoriginal.jpg

#15 10 years ago

PinB's design looks better then Stern's. But seems like they bailed out and picked easy route by using a single car. Was hoping it would feature lots more than that. How about some chicks too...?

#16 10 years ago

Yea Jeff! Where is the chicks? When do you see car pics with no chicks?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Ford probably did not approve any sexist art.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

When its only a ford..
see ..

corvet.jpgcorvet.jpg

#19 10 years ago

Yes that is underwhelming. And a little interesting that 2 consecutive LE's are in blue trim. Is that Mustang LE blue trim a bit darker than the STLE?

#20 10 years ago

Wow. This isn't even half assed. More like 1/8th assed. Is this for sure legit?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Love the blue, but the angle of the side of the car on there is WEIRD.

Agreed. Instead of aggressive muscle car blasting forward, it looks like it's about to slowly roll backward into a ditch.

#22 10 years ago

Side art looks like running footage from a dealership commercial.

#23 10 years ago

Oh, but wait! ...

" In addition, the cabinet art is rendered on a unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish to accentuate the dazzling new car! This innovative new cabinet art process was developed by Stern to give the car a three dimensional look and feel."

...there's an innovative new cabinet art process!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Oh, but wait! ...

" In addition, the cabinet art is rendered on a unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish to accentuate the dazzling new car! This innovative new cabinet art process was developed by Stern to give the car a three dimensional look and feel."

...there's an innovative new cabinet art process!

image.gifimage.gif

#25 10 years ago

The art is Mustang's 50th anniversary car they are only making 1964 cars. Lets see if they make the same number in pinball games.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

A GREAT DAY! HIP HIP HOORA......oh a butterfly.

Hahahhahahhahahahaa. Classic. Today marks the 50th annivers.......SQUIRREL!!

#27 10 years ago

Hopefully if we get enough bitching, LE owners will get a special thread to post happy thoughts in .

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The backglass is pretty nice! Cab needs to be seen in person I think. I am hoping the '65 is on the other side of the cab, rather than the '15 on both. The angle does seem weird.

I agree that the '65 should indeed be on the other side of the cabinet.

Quoted from SunKing:

The LE cabinet art is rendered on a unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish to accentuate the dazzling new car! This innovative new cabinet art process gives the car a three dimensional look and feel.

Sounds like you really need to see the LE cab in person because of this. Also seems from this that the "dazzling new car" will be on both sides of the LE cab, like the '70 Mach1 is on both sides of the pro cab.

#29 10 years ago

Hmm wonder what color the next LE will be? Blue ?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anything the art is so good it looks photographic

Yup...he's THAT good.

#31 10 years ago

Anyone knows what's the fire button on the lockdown bar for?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Not Yet. Even the online info only states that there is a lock down bar Action Button.

#33 10 years ago

The fire button will stop the spinning car for a better chance at a desired shot.

Quoted from gprotein:

#34 10 years ago

It's interesting that the Boss Premium is so much better looking... I don't see why anyone would want to spend the extra money for the LE.

#35 10 years ago

Stern needs to move away from this lockdown bar button.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The fire button will stop the spinning car for a better chance at a desired shot.

Are you sure? As the spinning car will only block the view to the upper roll overs.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Mustang Alt Trans-.jpgMustang Alt Trans-.jpg Mustang Alt Trans-3.jpgMustang Alt Trans-3.jpg TSA Pat down.jpgTSA Pat down.jpg
#38 10 years ago

this could have been so much more

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Hopefully if we get enough bitching, LE owners will get a special thread to post happy thoughts in .

That won't happen because no one who works for Stern is on Pinside.....Or are they?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

That won't happen because no one who works for Stern is on Pinside.....Or are they?

Lots of people who work at Stern read Pinside, they've told us so, so just because they're not posting doesn't mean they're not reading.

Edit: n/m missed your humor and answered you probably a little too seriously.

#41 10 years ago

$10K by Christmas!

#42 10 years ago

1000$ by Christmas

Hope it's fun to play cause the Art is bad

#43 10 years ago

No Shelby LE??? Boooooooo!!!!

#44 10 years ago

They would have been better off to just put a horse on the side... Or a horses ass. Stern did not pay for licensing on this machine... Ford would have paid to commission the machine IMO. It is just a big advert for a car...

#45 10 years ago

I really like the blue cabinet. Wish I had the $ for one.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Are you sure? As the spinning car will only block the view to the upper roll overs.

That is my best guess. The car does not block the lanes unless you are height challenged.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It is just a big advert for a car...

and the other car related pins aren't? Of course it's an advert for a car , a model that has been in production for 50 years and have sold millions. Ford is proud of the fact, what's wrong about that?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and the other car related pins aren't? Of course it's an advert for a car , a model that has been in production for 50 years and have sold millions. Ford is proud of the fact, what's wrong about that?

Nothing wrong for Ford. It looks more like a brochure and less like a pinball machine. I am sure they love that. You love your mustang? Great you will buy the machine. I just think they could have done much more to be creative and have a wider appeal. All that's missing from this advert is "Please buy a Ford" written across the bottom. They could have been a little less obvious IMO. Hey if you love Mustangs you will love to put this in your garage next to them. Or dealers can put it in their showroom. I don't know what else they could have done but perhaps they could have used a different artist from the one that made the colour brochures for them? The blue is nice but I prefer a red Mustang myself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-le-cabinet-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.