(Topic ID: 77556)

Mustang - I have zero interest......Is there something wrong with me??

By thedarkknight77

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MikeS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-04-03 17.14.45-870.jpg
IMAG1080-643.jpg
IMAG0493-687.jpg
2013-04-03 17.14.53-277.jpg
IMAG1841.jpg
IMAG1843.jpg
DSC05026.JPG
541052_426081060770140_1332033306_n.jpg
ea782eddc9226029ef7aace2a41382a2097a70b80aabd4978db742fa77d193fc.jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

No, noting wrong with you. If a "theme" doesn't do it for you - you're just not interested. I'm in your same shoes.
I'm a Firebird/Camaro guy [own a 2002 T/A WS6] and here's what I think of Mustangs:

The reaction would be far more extreme if you bragged about driving a Firebird.

#52 10 years ago

Mustang will be very cool with a sexy 6 speed transmission. However, there will only be 3 gears in it. More should come later.

#53 10 years ago

Here's hoping JT and the team will make a smooth transition to the new system
no doubt there will be many challenges and hurdles to overcome.

success will come from Quality Control, Code Completion and Innovation !

lets see how they go

F&F theme would be more appealing to many, myself included

I am sure something exciting will come out of this new platform

looking forward to Mustang : )

Mustang may make or brake, (pun intended) Stern ?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not committing to ANY pinball machine b4 I play it

+1

My past two daily drivers have been Mustang's, but I'm still going to play this pin before deciding if I'm going to buy it.

#55 10 years ago

Well, think about it a minute. Guys and gals in their 40's to 70's have owned and loved the Mustang for years. Its an icon of a car. These people, hopefully, are in a position to have discretionary money and if they like pinball may just go for this theme. A welcome change from what the 15 to 30 year olds prefer.

#56 10 years ago

Just got home from the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show that opened to the public yesterday. WHile I spent most of my time in the Audi & VW booths, I went over to the Ford area and surprise! No Mustang pinball machine.

In other news, Cadillac moved out of the GM area and positioned their booth directly across Mercedes & Audi. Smooth move.

IMAG1843.jpgIMAG1843.jpg
#57 10 years ago

Meh. I'm unimpressed with the new 'stang.... I don't like the rearend.

my fav recent model was the /05 redesign (owned one).
I did trade it for a '11 5.0, though I still preferred the 05 body (but I couldnt resist a 6-speed 5.0)

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Meh. I'm unimpressed with the new 'stang.... I don't like the rearend.
my fav recent model was the /05 redesign (owned one).
I did trade it for a '11 5.0, though I still preferred the 05 body (but I couldnt resist a 6-speed 5.0)

IMAG1841.jpgIMAG1841.jpg
#59 10 years ago

I'm not crazy about the grill either....

This car looks like the bastard offspring of drunken liaison between a European roadster and a ford fusion

Probably drives like a dream though.....

#60 10 years ago

My company car, daily driver. Who wouldn't want to drive this to work?
You can't say I'm not partial to the new pinball theme.

2013-04-03 17.14.53-277.jpg2013-04-03 17.14.53-277.jpg IMAG0493-687.jpgIMAG0493-687.jpg IMAG1080-643.jpgIMAG1080-643.jpg 2013-04-03 17.14.45-870.jpg2013-04-03 17.14.45-870.jpg
#61 10 years ago

Love the green.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not committing to ANY pinball machine b4 I play it.

You play pinball?

#63 10 years ago

Getting back to answering the op's question:

Nope.

I felt/feel the same way about most of the new pins Stern's coming out with. ST, Metallica, TAV, TF, all meh with me. I used to love Metallica way back when. Do I want to play a jukebox, though? Nope. Star Trek? Not a huge fan of the lens flare king's take on the Trek-verse, so no need for a pin about it. Avengers? Haven't seen it. Transformers? I'm a G1 Transformers guy. Anything else is crap. Especially Michael Bay's travesties.

Mustang pin? As a died in the wool Mustang guy, I'm interested. But, given Stern's track record of somewhat cookie-cutter pins, I'm not waiting on pins and needles. Plus, I could care less about owning one of the very first ones. If it's a great pin that looks fantastic, the prices won't really change that much by the time I get to play one. But, once I get to play one, if I really, really like it and no one else does, then that price is going to drop, dramatically. This is what I'm secretly hoping for, but doubt will happen.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Getting back to answering the op's question:
Nope.
I felt/feel the same way about most of the new pins Stern's coming out with. ST, Metallica, TAV, TF, all meh with me. I used to love Metallica way back when. Do I want to play a jukebox, though? Nope. Star Trek? Not a huge fan of the lens flare king's take on the Trek-verse, so no need for a pin about it. Avengers? Haven't seen it. Transformers? I'm a G1 Transformers guy. Anything else is crap. Especially Michael Bay's travesties.
Mustang pin? As a died in the wool Mustang guy, I'm interested. But, given Stern's track record of somewhat cookie-cutter pins, I'm not waiting on pins and needles. Plus, I could care less about owning one of the very first ones. If it's a great pin that looks fantastic, the prices won't really change that much by the time I get to play one. But, once I get to play one, if I really, really like it and no one else does, then that price is going to drop, dramatically. This is what I'm secretly hoping for, but doubt will happen.

I want success for Stern
However
Pricing new games out of the market,
may lead to self destruction ?

Keep the LE's to 500 at a fair cost, sub 8k USD
re, ( STLE debacle)

Pump out the premiums and Pro's at a Great price !

and reap the benefits of turnover

The new system will not command top dollar, unless it has............
truly mind blowing capabilities.............
wicked layout
and of course

THE BIG one !

EPIC and complete CODE !

Ando

#65 10 years ago

Yeah, we should all keep in mind, too, that if the game layout is well done and it plays absolutely awesome, nobody will really care what the theme is. It could be a Barney the Dinosaur pin, but if it plays better than any pin built in the last 5 years, everybody's going to want it!

Case in point: TAF didn't sell in droves because the movie was such a huge blockbuster. It sold because people played the hell out of it because it was a fun game to play.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Usually when a new pin is announced there is a lot of excitement here. We all post potential content based on the theme. People speculate on features and try to think of ways to mod. Is it me or are we collectively disinterested in the Mustang pin?? Is this game just a limited run to test Stern's new platform? It would seem with such an unusual theme that they don't expect to sell many overseas or in the USA for that matter. I don't object to a car pin as I love cars, but I would have rather seen a Fast and Furious pin or a more general approach, like a Ford theme with the GT 40, 427 Cobra and the Mustang. I don't know.........I just don't care about this pin.........Is there something wrong me.

The theme does absolutely nothing for me. Can't say I've felt that way about any theme from Stern for a long time. That said, game play is more important than theme to me so if it is a great player, it won't bother me.

#67 10 years ago

I am not at all interested in Mustang. I saw a Muppets link on Stern's FB page, so it looks like I won't be interested in the next game either.

#68 10 years ago

I was extremely turned off by AC/DC as a theme. I'm not a fan of the music and I don't really care for their whole aesthetic. But then I went to Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown and played the machine JJ brought out and the BIBLE in the tournament tent. It all changed and I was ordering an AC/DC Premium a week after the show from Game Exchange.

I'm not a car guy, and I've never had any particular love or hate for the Mustang, so the theme has me disinterested, but I'm more warm to that than I was to AC/DC and now AC/DC is one of my all-time favorite pinball machines. I hope that Mustang surprises me as well.

#69 10 years ago

The theme doesn't really excite me but I am excited to see it for a few reasons.

1. The return of Dr. Flash. We haven't seen a full blown Trudeau game since Congo. I've always enjoyed his layouts.
2. Camilo Pardo artwork - We saw what custom artwork did for Metallica with Dirty Donnie. The artwork should be great!
3. Licensed song tracks. - could be really cool depending on what they pick? I'd imagine they'll license songs from each decade.
4. Could it be the first SAM 2.0 game with an LCD?

I think it has potential to be a really cool game and I'm anxious to see it! This could be another title like Metallica last year that creeps out of nowhere and really impresses!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-i-have-zero-interestis-there-something-wrong-with-me/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.