01-first-ford-mustang-sold-chicago.jpg
1899851_10152092461156492_473019446_o.jpg
MUSTANG CHICAGO SHOW.jpg
#1 10 years ago

WOW
MUSTANG CHICAGO SHOW.jpgMUSTANG CHICAGO SHOW.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Bigger version:

1899851_10152092461156492_473019446_o.jpg1899851_10152092461156492_473019446_o.jpg
#3 10 years ago

Excellent marketing .

#4 10 years ago

The 1964 1/2 convertible in the display is cool too.

These pins have the Running Horse Emblem on the back box.

#5 10 years ago

This is gonna be great for pinball. Think of all the non pinheads saying "gee maybe I should get a pin" or worst case hey lets look up where we can play one, this could be huge for pinball as a whole.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Three60in:

This is gonna be great for pinball. Think of all the non pinheads saying "gee maybe I should get a pin" or worst case hey lets look up where we can play one, this could be huge for pinball as a whole.

Same thing happened with Tron (it got the arcade scene guys into pinball)
Same thing happened with Metallica (got the band's fans into pinball)

Some themes are great at attracting attention from outside the hobbyist bubble.

#7 10 years ago

Waitin' for Led Zep to come out instead.....

#8 10 years ago

Finally have a reason to go to the Auto Show...

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Excellent marketing .

Agree! Stern got it right on this one.

Look at all those pins!

Gary will be rubbing his hands together!! $$$$$$

rd.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Look at all those pins!
rd.

Especially when you spring for one Dave

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from MSN22:

Especially when you spring for one Dave

Hmmmmmm I might buy 8 old pins instead

Again ...

rd.

#12 10 years ago

Lucky number Sleven

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

Did anybody look at the 50th Anniversary display of the Mustang? I am curious if they had my 1964 Chicago Coin Mustang on display at the Chicago show because the company that leased it from me for the Detroit NAIAS show was supposed to return it to me by 1/31/2014 and I still don't have it back and one of the employees at Imagination - The Americas (who did the display at Detroit and at Chicago) let it slip that they wanted it at the Chicago show but then back-peddled and said "but we couldn't arrange it".

And strangely enough my machine is MIA and no one seems to know where it is.

If someone could let me know if they went to the Chicago show and if my machine was actually there, I'd appreciate it.

If there are pics of it, that'd be even better!

TIA

Keith

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Did anybody look at the 50th Anniversary display of the Mustang? I am curious if they had my 1964 Chicago Coin Mustang on display at the Chicago show because the company that leased it from me for the Detroit NAIAS show was supposed to return it to me by 1/31/2014 and I still don't have it back and one of the employees at Imagination - The Americas (who did the display at Detroit and at Chicago) let it slip that they wanted it at the Chicago show but then back-peddled and said "but we couldn't arrange it".
If someone could let me know if they went to the Chicago show and if my machine was actually there, I'd appreciate it.
TIA
Keith

If it is missing, that would really suck. I hope you have everything written in a contract. Good Luck.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Look at all those pins!
rd.

They didn't have any brochures or anything that told you how or where you could buy one. Most people probably assumed Ford made the games to promote the car. It's a good thing Ford has them for sale on their website because that's the only place anyone who's new to pinball will look.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Did anybody look at the 50th Anniversary display of the Mustang? I am curious if they had my 1964 Chicago Coin Mustang on display at the Chicago show

01-first-ford-mustang-sold-chicago.jpg01-first-ford-mustang-sold-chicago.jpg

EDIT: Ohh Nevermind. Nope. No Chicago Coin Mustang that I saw.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

TIA
Keith

I was there on Sunday, and only saw the seven new Stern Mustangs...and then the Mustang cars, of course.

-Mark

#18 10 years ago

Was it at the Detroit show? I didn't see it in the Ford booth.

#19 10 years ago

Yes, it was at Detroit.

You had to go up the stairs to the "bridge" section that spanned the booth entry...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-at-the-detroit-auto-show-pics

Later,
EV

#20 10 years ago

Too bad I missed that. Both the post and the machine on display. I went upstairs at the Lincoln booth next door but really did not spend much time in the Ford booth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-at-the-chicago-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.