(Topic ID: 85673)

Mustang at PAPA and yet another great job by the PAPA crew!

By dmacy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Was happy and suprised to see Mustang at PAPA. Got a few games on it and not sure I'm a fan just yet. I'll refrain from comments as it's still a new game and likely code will be updated. It's looks nice visually but very open as we all know in the middle. I like the slanted lane changes at the pop bumpers. A little different than the usual set up. If prefer more ramps as it just seems like there's something missing.

I'm not here for competition but for playing the practice games and they changed up the layout which took some getting used to. I got to play WOZ finally and it is a fun game for the few times I played it. Not sure if it's running 3.0 it not.

Bathrooms were very clean when I used this morning and early afternoon and remained very clean. Hats off to the janitor for keeping it clean. Nice to see he has a tip lock box this year. Whatever he's getting paid can't be enough. Tips or not!

The back practice area stunk really bad. No fault of the facility but someone clearly had the best (worst!) gas I've ever experienced. It stunk all morning. It's a shame some people can't just empty their gas elsewhere. Please go take a shit and save us all!

Great job to all the PAPA workers and volunteers!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Really liked Metallica. Want to get more time on it.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3 10 years ago

Been another great day. Met a lot of good people. The place still has been stinking at times. Not sure why some people can't wipe or whatever they ate is causing the problems but damn the one time we had to abandon the area.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Been another great day. Met a lot of good people. The place still has been stinking at times. Not sure why some people can't wipe or whatever they ate is causing the problems but damn the one time we had to abandon the area.

You need to make a sign that says in big letters "PLEASE WIPE YOUR A**. THANKS" and hold it up in the most particularly stinky areas

#5 10 years ago

The issue of smell you described was not the result of body odor, nor was it the fault of the facility or the event organizers. Players' hygiene was top notch at Pinburgh, and the janitor's work on keeping the bathrooms clean was incredible.

I'm happy to say more in direct message, but am hopeful the event will not get an undeserved reputation for poor hygiene or cleanliness.

#6 10 years ago

That janitor is amazing. He deserves a banner in the rafters or something

#7 10 years ago

As for that Mustang: N.M.T.S......Needs more Tilt stickers.

#8 10 years ago

Brian (the janitor) is great and I know he appreciates all the compliments and does great work!

Trent from Tilt Amusements supplied us with the Mustang you played and I know it got new code just as the weekend was beginning.

Thanks also goes out to JJP for getting us some last minute parts to get our WOZLEs up to top notch shape!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yeah, that's a major issue at pinball/arcade expos. Nothing comes close to how bad it gets at CAX though. That's absolutely disgusting.

#10 10 years ago

Bowen, Doug, Brian, the techs and staff and anyone else involved with PAPA: thank you from a non tournament pinhead. I love coming to play all the awesome games I can’t anywhere else and being there to watch the tournament and meeting several great people. I’m always amazed how personable everyone is as well. I know nowhere I can go and spend a few 20’s and play for hours and hours with so many machines. It’s heaven every time I’ve come and walked through the doors.

My comment about smells was not meant about the place but some person with a personal problem. Apologies and I can ask to have this deleted if anyone would like.

#11 10 years ago

I had heard that someone or someone(s) were throwing down stink bombs throughout the facility and I seen the PAPA staff vacuuming them up a couple times during the tourney not looking so happy.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, that's a major issue at pinball/arcade expos. Nothing comes close to how bad it gets at CAX though. That's absolutely disgusting.

Actually I know what he was talking about and I was convinced it was some sewage issue outside the facility or something, but people kept telling me it was a person. I think it must have been one amazingly stinky person I guess. But yeah, the smell was only here and there and must've been 'that one dude'. CAX wasn't as smelly from what I recall although I have decided that video game people def smell worse than pinball people.

But really the kudos go to everyone who helped make it happen and especially the techs who were running around fixing stuck balls (got to actually see the "Hulk smash pinball THROUGH the playfield into the cabinet" in real life!) and keep the machines in great working order all weekend!

#13 10 years ago

GravitaR's description is correct. It was a person, but not their body odor. California Extreme hasn't been stinky since a specific year long ago (at a previous venue).

#14 10 years ago

Why are you guys being vague? Some immature idiot was dropping little glass stink bombs in the back room. We cleaned up the broken glass and put security on them, then they stopped. The bathrooms were fine all weekend.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Why are you guys being vague? Some immature idiot was dropping little glass stink bombs in the back room. We cleaned up the broken glass and put security on them, then they stopped. The bathrooms were fine all weekend.

I have no idea why people do this kind of thing. It's so ridiculous. Please tell me that they were no older than 11.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from mhs:

Why are you guys being vague? Some immature idiot was dropping little glass stink bombs in the back room.

Wow. That deserves a parking lot beating, seriously?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-at-papa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.