(Topic ID: 43417)

MUST SEE!!! Iron Man custom backbox LED mod - Ridiculous !!!

By Zdoor

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

What_,,.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Just updated our site www.pinballrefinery.com

Have several ready to ship. Also have Avengers Hulks ready as well as Xmen Wolverine. Working on ACDC's now. Can be combined and sync'd with undercab lighting and have been modifying laseriffic toppers to also sync with them.

#2 11 years ago

Oooh, very flashy. Very good job. I need to do this to JP. Rawr.

#3 11 years ago

Sorry wrong thread

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here try this one...
» YouTube video

That was hilarious

#5 11 years ago

Dude..looks AMAZING! Awesome job!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sorry wrong thread

You should've left it. I was rofl at the car salesman. Of course in his place I'd have probably Shiat my pants... Too funny

#7 11 years ago

I like the flashing Monger.

Does the GI turn off very much on Iron Man? If it does you might look into wiring your regular back box light strips to turn off when the playfield GI does if you don't already. It makes the backbox flashers even more flashy.

It looks like a sweet machine all the way around. I like Iron Man, but I don't know how much I could take of it kicking my butt like it usually does.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I like the flashing Monger.
Does the GI turn off very much on Iron Man? If it does you might look into wiring your regular back box light strips to turn off when the playfield GI does if you don't already. It makes the backbox flashers even more flashy.
It looks like a sweet machine all the way around. I like Iron Man, but I don't know how much I could take of it kicking my butt like it usually does.

Its wired that way. The LED strips turn on and off with the GI. It really shows up in Whiplash MB. It does make the flash effect even better. You can see it a few times in the video. I need to make another video that shows whiplash. It will be more visible in that.

#9 11 years ago

BAD ASS! nice work Zdoor

#11 11 years ago

Seizure inducing, but fu**ing awesome!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Seizure inducing, but fu**ing awesome!

Lol. I know. I need to make a warning sign for anyone that comes over that's epileptic...

#13 11 years ago

anyone catch the TSPP mod on pinball news?
http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/ledbackboxlighting/index.html

looks similiar, not sure if this is a kit or you wired this up from scratch, but I'm REALLY digging this mod.. Reminds me of gottlieb's haunted house backglass. Talk about attract, it's too bad Stern doesn't offer options like this, OPS might actually earn some money (lord knows people are attracted by flashy lights, just look at the slot machines in vegas)

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone catch the TSPP mod on pinball news?
http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/ledbackboxlighting/index.html
looks similiar, not sure if this is a kit or you wired this up from scratch, but I'm REALLY digging this mod.. Reminds me of gottlieb's haunted house backglass. Talk about attract, it's too bad Stern doesn't offer options like this, OPS might actually earn some money (lord knows people are attracted by flashy lights, just look at the slot machines in vegas)

Based on that same design. Using different LED pads for the flashers. Did my own layout. Came out pretty good. Under cab is RGB led strips around the perimeter.

#15 11 years ago

Love it! Best looking Ironman I've seen.

#16 11 years ago

Sold.................Let me know who to send the money to.

#17 11 years ago

a beauty, flashy, totaly un-necessary mod... than a must have !

great job

#18 11 years ago

This is out of control-on ground now-twitching

#19 11 years ago

It's even more out of control in person.

#20 11 years ago

Honestly that is the best iron man I've seen wow that's a lot of bright lights

#21 11 years ago

Only thing that could make it better would be for it to be in an Iron-Man themed room and the person playing it actually being inside of a cosplay quality iron man MK3 suit.

#22 11 years ago

I gave you a thumbs-up because you spelled "ridiculous" correctly.

#23 11 years ago

Really cool tricked out machine. Most under cabinet kits are sort of silly, but given this machine and this theme it's pretty bad ass. Is the over all predominantly purple effect an artifact of the video? I mean, purple's my favorite color and all, but it is exactly the last one I associate with Iron Man.

#24 11 years ago

Dam Sweet IM brother ,, I'm Dig-n the Light Show Extremely !! My BSD w/ the CoinTaker under Cab- Kit does the Job , but you have a Good thing goin Yr-self .. Yr Candy Red Powder Coat is Sharp , and Yr apron Mod is Top Notch ( The Schitzz ) .. Yr IM is a Keeper I Azzsume ,,

#25 11 years ago

Cool, but reminds me of a pachinko machine. Too much light in my face.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Really cool tricked out machine. Most under cabinet kits are sort of silly, but given this machine and this theme it's pretty bad ass. Is the over all predominantly purple effect an artifact of the video? I mean, purple's my favorite color and all, but it is exactly the last one I associate with Iron Man.

It's the camera. There are red and blue LED's in the game and they turn purple in pics. There is a little purple in the rear of the machine. The rest is the photograph. It's pretty beautiful in person IMO.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Dam Sweet IM brother ,, I'm Dig-n the Light Show Extremely !! My BSD w/ the CoinTaker under Cab- Kit does the Job , but you have a Good thing goin Yr-self .. Yr Candy Red Powder Coat is Sharp , and Yr apron Mod is Top Notch ( The Schitzz ) .. Yr IM is a Keeper I Azzsume ,,

Originally bought to mod out and sell. Am undecided now. I REALLY like the game. It's basically new. Came out of the box from previous owner in November and had about 100 plays. HE didn't care for the game. IT's REALLY tricked out now.

#28 11 years ago

Here's a couple more videos.

1st shows the apron mod. I will be offering these soon. It will include replacement apron, lighting and install instructions.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=dadwHo9ZsoE

Second is video of the backbox during whiplash multiball. It shows the effect the controlled GI lights have on the backbox

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Here's a couple more videos.
1st shows the apron mod. I will be offering these soon. It will include replacement apron, lighting and install instructions.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=dadwHo9ZsoE
Second is video of the backbox during whiplash multiball. It shows the effect the controlled GI lights have on the backbox
» YouTube video

Oh hell yeah! I can't wait to get this from ya.

#30 11 years ago

simply crazy, i really like it, nice job.

#31 11 years ago

Originally bought to mod out and sell. Am undecided now. I REALLY like the game. It's basically new. Came out of the box from previous owner in November and had about 100 plays. HE didn't care for the game. IT's REALLY tricked out now.

How Much ? Many are Listening !! $6 , $7k ...

What_,,.jpgWhat_,,.jpg

#33 11 years ago

Just. Did a LOTR LE the same way. Had to order more relays so the GI tract is currently always on rather than triggered by the GI control in the game. Came out really nice. Not as in your face as Ironman, but still very cool. Really draws our attention when you are watching someone else play.

Going to do Hulk and ACDC premium next. They will be awesome with the amount of flashers and the way the GI is integrated in the game. Making templates each time .So will do a few small numbers for others eventually. These are a ton of work though. Especially the first time on each game since the layout takes at least an hour and a half to get it dialed.

Will post vid of LOTR later

#34 11 years ago

Just watched IM backbox light show. I NEED THIS !! PM sent

#35 11 years ago

Pretty slick, nice work.

#36 11 years ago

It's totally rad but I have got to think it seriously impedes visibility/concentration and therefore scoring/performance.

#37 11 years ago

Really looks good, nice work!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It's totally rad but I have got to think it seriously impedes visibility/concentration and therefore scoring/performance.

Actually I've scored better. Might be because I'm playing more. But it's not negatively impacting me. I would think if you're not an led guy you really won't like it. But, if you're a light guy, its the shiznelle.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Actually I've scored better. Might be because I'm playing more. But it's not negatively impacting me. I would think if you're not an led guy you really won't like it. But, if you're a light guy, its the shiznelle.

I am all in and hope I do not have any epileptic seizures!

#40 11 years ago

I'm a light guy.

#41 11 years ago

That looks really cool!

#42 11 years ago

Who did the candy red powder coat?

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Who did the candy red powder coat?

I asked the same question... Zdoor said they came from Matt @ BAC. I am going to get a set for my IM

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I asked the same question... Zdoor said they came from Matt @ BAC. I am going to get a set for my IM

Matt did my rails etc for Monster Bash and it turned out really nice.

also........Hemi I recieved the flasher mod but I am waiting for some figures to come in so I can do all the mods at once.......thanks again! Chris

#47 11 years ago

Very cool! The post title make me think of an ebay listing

Keep'em coming!

#48 11 years ago

Hoping to get ACDC premium finished this weekend and will get some video up when it's done

#49 11 years ago

Thanks for the info Hemi...those rails sure look nice!

#50 11 years ago

I wish one of the regular suppliers would have a kits (rails, legs, lock down bar) in a couple colors available. It's sort of a niche market though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/must-see-iron-man-custom-backbox-led-mod-ridiculous and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.