(Topic ID: 86941)

Must be my lucky day...scored a free hang glider pinball machine!

By cdnpinbacon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-491.jpg
image-16.jpg
image-685.jpg
image-241.jpg
image-690.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Happened to be on line at the right time and scored a free game called hang glider..from a church basement...can't wait for the road trip! Not that far away and Machine is complete and great condition so I'm told. My lucky day!
Any other lucky stories?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Good score. Free is great, you'll come out ahead. However, hope for the best and expect the worst.

No complaints here since I'll be headed in that direction anyways..Reminds me to send email. Please don't cut any wires!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Ironically, I've had a free Hang Glider waiting on us to pick it up for about 4 months. We didn't know we were going to have to drill the lock for the head and none of the involved parties has had access to a drill to do it! Luckily, we know the guy and he's holding it for us.

Good reminder...emailed to ask about keys

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Charge up the drill and bring it along no matter what he says. Don't forget the bits!

Another good idea. Thx. ...dolly wheels need air...gas up , fresh pepperoni sticks and Swiss chalet coupon..check.

#10 10 years ago

Road flares..tarps, straps, check.

#12 10 years ago

No wife this time... Road music: Ramones, lil Wayne, Sgt.Pepper

#13 10 years ago

Check...taken care of at swiss chalet.

#14 10 years ago

Confirmed some info... Head missing back panel cover. lights go on that's it.
Should the missing back panel be somewhere within the church basement? How do I ensure I am cooth when I start looking for it all over the place? ..first question..to confirm, when was the last place you remember seeing it? If the known location is somewhere else..should I insist on traveling to that location and or persons house??

#15 10 years ago

Mission accomplished and thrilled with overall condition. Works great now with most minor adjustments completed. Did not find back panel but the guy was nice enough to double check. The only other issue is outside body graphics painted over with white primer. Deck is dirty but colours still vibrant and aside from from 1 small crack you can't notice, plastics in excellent condition as well. All manuals present. Can't wait to restore to full glory!

#17 10 years ago

I took it partially apart to clean, put back together and now the score motor won't stop running and my wife is laughing her head off! Lame.

Sent from my iPhone

#18 10 years ago

Lame lame lame!!

#21 10 years ago

At the Waterloo church I met some Really nice people, there were 8 in total and watched in amazement as I lifted the playfield etc.. I'm going to send a donation to the church and invited them to watch a hockey game. We had some good laughs. Overall a really great experience!

#22 10 years ago

The playfield looks amazing after initial vacuum and wipe-down. Playfield ready for restoration. Full mechanical inspection and internal clean done. Parts list..check. Back glass art repaired body ready for stencil and paint. New Rubbers and pinball on hand ready for installation.
Took a small step back with start motor that's my fault, but other than that, complete restoration well on its way.

#24 10 years ago

// Error: Image 217779 not found //
Some pics so far..

image-241.jpgimage-241.jpg image-690.jpgimage-690.jpg image-16.jpgimage-16.jpg image-685.jpgimage-685.jpg image-491.jpgimage-491.jpg
#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Man I can't wait for my day.

I was just lucky

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/must-be-my-lucky-dayscored-a-free-hang-glider-pinball-machine?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.