7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

As some of you know I had a stroke and 3 subsequent brain surgeries in the last 12 months. My last brain surgery was an emergency hematoma evacuation with a 95% chance of fatal failure. I lived. Technically I'm out of the woods! I used to wake up seriously uncertain about my future. Now I have a chance at a future, and the potential to do something with it, like many others.

I'm going to share my weird ass shit here from now on, mostly. I have some pretty funny things that have happened in the last year.

I'll try not to tell you stories more than once, it happens.

Food is a problem for the post tbi brain. (Traumatic Brain Injury)

Everything I once ate has a chance at being horribly bad. (Donuts)

Some things I never ate have a chance at being good. (Pancakes)

Good steak of all types remains very good. Thank god.

But it is strange to have your prior conceptions of food turned upside down.

#2 7 years ago

Cool. This is a great day indeed. Vid kept everyone updated on your condition some months back. Welcome back!

#3 7 years ago

What's the verdict on kale? If brain injuries make it taste good, then that will explain a few things.

#4 7 years ago

Glad you're back on your feet Mike. Make sure Vid treats you to a Steak dinner.

#5 7 years ago

My dad's tastes all changed when he quit smoking. Loved coffee, then hated coffee etc.

Congrats on your recovery!

#6 7 years ago

Glad yer back big guy !

#7 7 years ago

Playing pinball after the stroke and the 3 brain surgeries was an absolute bitch.

Playing my favorite game at a friends house attack from Mars in ealy summer I was met with pain and frustration while I struggled to find that Magic I once felt. It was gone. Playing "hurt" so to speak.

A short while back I was able to go pinballand in OC and I played 1game with 3others and scored 1.5 billion. I won the round.

It was very good to not have my favorite game become my least favorite. Things get better.

#8 7 years ago

Glad to hear you're alive and well. Thank goodness about the steaks too. Same thing happened to my dad regarding food and beverage taste. He used to love coffee then he had to switch to tea.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/musings-of-my-damaged-brain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.