Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Darcy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

douchebag.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Being a CL buyer can be tough, especially if you have a long drive. I've bought 2 machines off of Craigslist, the first one went fine the second game I was had on. Prefer to buy games from other pinsiders at this point.

#3 10 years ago

I have to ask. It was craigslist, so I'm assuming it was local. If you saw the game, played the game, and inspected the game, how were you had?

Quoted from athenspin:

I've bought 2 machines off of Craigslist, the first one went fine the second game I was had on.

#4 10 years ago

I've bought and sold games through CL and it has been fine. The worst part are the tire kickers and the scammers. And both of them are no big deal. Scammers are fun when you get them to send their fake check to the pice station. And tire kickers only kick once or twice before giving up. In the end, cash on the glass buys and sells them. Plus I'll probably already know, or will get to know the person if they have more than a couple pins.

The only ones on CL I don't understand are the quick offers for about 25% of what a game is worth. I'll take it off your hands for $500 if you can deliver it to Craptown. Ahhh, no.

#5 10 years ago

not a lot of games for sale down in Houston
    must be an RE of the Spam pin fs?

#6 10 years ago

The main piss off is going to see a pin, and it does not match the pictures in the ad. Pictures in their ad are for a pin in way better condition.

#7 10 years ago

Traveled for a specific pin listed as a minty, long enough trip that you would really want to come back with something. This was a while back and i wasn't too pin savy at the time.

#9 10 years ago

That's something else though. You weren't ripped off. People overstate the condition of their games on CL all the time. If it's so far that you aren't comfortable not coming back with it, then it's not local.

If you inspect a game, and play it, and then take it, nobody ripped you off.

Quoted from athenspin:

Traveled for a specific pin listed as a minty, long enough trip that you would really want to come back with something. This was a while back and i wasn't too pin savy at the time.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

The main piss off is going to see a pin, and it does not match the pictures in the ad. Pictures in their ad are for a pin in way better condition.

I just had this happen to me last week. I went a saw a Gottlieb 2001 in my town. 2 of the pics were taken off the internet and 1 of them was his. Of course the game was in MUCH worse condition than he advertised. I politely walked away...

#11 10 years ago

There is a guy here in Edmonton that flips pins and arcade games, he does some repairs too. It is not his main employment. His ad photos are usually from the internet. He does have access to some great games, and he is polite and some what fair, if you try to haggle on price he does not argue back. He has a connection in Calgary, if the game is not selling here, he will move it to Calgary. I prefer to see the game I am buying first.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/musings-of-an-irritated-buyer-cl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.