Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 478 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

driveinspinst3.jpg
    driveinspinst2.jpg
    driveinspinst1.jpg
    driveinsporig.jpg
    Driveinsp3.jpg
    Driveinsp2.jpg
    th-308.jpeg
    sburgwallbox1.jpg
    sburgwbax3.jpg
    sburgwbox6.jpg
    sburgwbox5).jpg
    sburgwbox4.jpg
    sburgwbox2jpg.jpg
    Seeburg.jpg
    jwinter.JPG
    download 1.jpg
    There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
    #301 9 years ago

They had really butchered Tres Hombres is all I know. When I first picked it up on CD it sounded like they were trying to make it sound like their current music. Which was never as good as the early stuff to begin with.

#303 9 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

Did they make jukeboxes that play 33 1/3rds?

Yes!

Seeburg AY160.JPGSeeburg AY160.JPG
    #304 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I know it is not vinyl but some of us don't have record players anymore (been since 1987 since I owned a player).

Those of us that do have the luxury of opening up the album cover and seeing this.
    190457927602.jpg190457927602.jpg

#305 9 years ago
    Quoted from IntoPinball:

Chris Squire... Biggest single influence on my bass playing...
    The bass sound is vicious in this...
    » YouTube video

Yo dude! Truly awesome! I had this crankin' in the car just last week driving through NH. Squire is a bass god! IMO the best Yes album is "CTTE". Love " The Yes Album" too.

#306 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Yes it did ^^ and Heart even admitted to it.

I always called Heart the female Led Zeppelin.

#307 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I always called Heart the female Led Zeppelin.

No, no, that would be:
    http://www.zepparella.com/index.html

#308 9 years ago

I need a spreadsheet of this thread, or just a plain old .txt list.

#309 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

» YouTube video

Runaways without Cherie Currie is like a pizza with no cheese.

#310 9 years ago

Reminds me of the iron maidens http://www.theironmaidens.com/ but thats another decade.

#311 9 years ago

First The Kinks did it....

#312 9 years ago

Then David Bowie did it...

#313 9 years ago

And then Van Halen did it...

#316 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

First The Kinks did it....
    » YouTube video

Ray Davies wrote it, they were the original artists!! Lots of their old hits still being used today in commercials.

#317 9 years ago

#318 9 years ago

Stay focused.

#319 9 years ago

All aboard!

#320 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

David Bowie did it...

With a little help from Mick Ronson..

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

» YouTube video

this makes me feel VERY old...

i miss those days....

#322 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

It's all relative... This is what my dad listened to.

#323 9 years ago

Ah crap, is your new avatar the hillbilly in Deliverance? That movie scared me more than any "horror" movie I've ever seen.

#324 9 years ago

Another song for your jukebox...you sure got a perty mouth. lol..

#326 9 years ago

In honor of Ned Beatty

#327 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Ah crap, is your new Avatar the hillbilly in Deliverance? That movie scared me more than any "horror" movie I've ever seen.

You done taken the wrong turn...

#328 9 years ago

I applaud you o-din, you sir, are a treasure trove of musical taste and history, and a pretty wild sense of humor.

#329 9 years ago

Now did you know that the other hillbilly from Deliverance who "hangs" with Ned is in The Outlaw Josey Wales too?

images 1.jpgimages 1.jpgdownload 1.jpgdownload 1.jpg

#330 9 years ago

Uh, thank you, thank you very much!

#331 9 years ago

Not many bands sold more records in the 70s than the Eagles. Here they are at Cal Jam performing a song written by Jackson Browne who just happens to be playing with them. Jackson came from Fullerton. This song reminds me of home.

#332 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i miss those days....

Since that 2112 clip was filmed in B&W makes us all look old because we grew up with those Tv`s<and we know that they were out long before these 3-D models they make today. Progress

#333 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Uh, thank you, thank you very much!
    » YouTube video

Lemonade? That cool refreshing.....

#334 9 years ago
    Quoted from IntoPinball:

Now did you know that the other hillbilly from Deliverance who "hangs" with Ned is in The Outlaw Josey Wales too?
    Image (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)

images 1.jpg 9 KB

download 1.jpg 7 KB

Paddles dont fail me now!

#335 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Since that 2112 clip was filmed in B&W makes us all look old because we grew up with those Tv`s<and we know that they were out long before these 3-D models they make today. Progress

true... i still remember when we got our first color tv... and i had my trusty little b&w portable well into my 20's, that thing would never die, regardless of how much beer got spilled on it...

i wouldn't be happy if i had to go back to that though... not happy at all...

#336 9 years ago

True^^ I remember some domestic TV abuse when they old ones wouldnt work right.
    And the Rabbit ear days.

I use my antenna (digital signal fed) still to this day,as with the Satellite feed for Tv signals.
    No cable or wired high speed internet feed reaches me. So i do feel a little primitive yet.

#337 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

True^^ I remember some domestic TV abuse when they old ones wouldnt work right.
    And the Rabbit ear days.

and taking the tubes to the hardware store to use the tester... and 19" console tv's that weighed a zillion pounds... and so on... modern ss electronics have made life a LOT better (well... other than pinball machines... )...

Quoted from Pin-it:

I use my antenna (digital signal fed) still to this day,as with the Satellite feed for Tv signals.
    No cable or wired High Speed internet feed reaches me. So i do feel a little primitive yet.

at least you have "good tv", that's right up there with oxygen and food for me... i'd really struggle without a fast connection to the outside world though... it would be a big lifestyle change... i'd have to spend a lot more time in the office, for one thing...

#338 9 years ago

"Ned Bea-a-ty played the hardest part" lol....

#339 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

and taking the tubes to the hardware store to use the tester... and 19" console tv's that weighed a zillion pounds... and so on... modern ss electronics have made life a LOT better (well... other than pinball machines... )...

at least you have "good tv", that's right up there with oxygen and food for me... i'd really struggle without a fast connection to the outside world though... it would be a big lifestyle change... i'd have to spend a lot more time in the office, for one thing...

My internet is fast but unfortunately limited to 5 Gigs ,its a wireless modem so i can go anywhere the cell tower signal will allow which is good for portability.
    Looking at one satellite internet provider they have an unlimited usage between the hours of midnight till 8 a.m. which isnt a problem for me time wise.

But as soon as i switch my provider it will change to unlimited plan knowing my luck.

#340 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Ned Bea-a-ty played the hardest part" lol....

Or was it the other dude....

#341 9 years ago

Breaker Breaker.

#342 9 years ago

I just heard that Johnny Winter passed away yesterday.

jwinter.JPGjwinter.JPG
    #345 9 years ago

Sad news about Johnny Winter. I never got to see him live. But I played the heck out of this. RIP.

#346 9 years ago

Bummer... I knew he had some health problems for a while.... R.I.P. Mr. Winter...

#347 9 years ago

Sad, sad, news. He was a great guitar player. In "77 or '78, I got to see him along with Frank Mereno and Mahogany Rush. Excellent concert! Unfortunately, he had many health problems due to his many addictions for a long period of time. Another R&R great - gone.

#348 9 years ago

apologies if any of these are already here. End of EM era is the beginning of punk era to me. This was all considered punk in the 70's, as the term new wave was not coined at the time.

Richard Hell & The Voidoids

The Stranglers

Plastic Bertrand

Devo

Post edited by PMcGee: linked video from end of EM era

#349 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just heard that Johnny Winter passed away yesterday.

Image (auto-loading disabled)

jwinter.JPG 34 KB

From guitars to harps.

#350 9 years ago

What song is it you want to hear.....

There are 478 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-of-the-late-em-era/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.