Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jeux
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Music pin should be next for Stern?”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elvis2.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

1) Beatles 2) Led Zep 3) Pink Floyd 4) Billy Joel

If you've noticed, no pinball machine has ever been made for a band that no longer exists.

Also, the artwork always depicts the band as they are at the time the machine was manufactured.

That's why Bon Scott isn't on the AC/DC backglass and why the Stern Rolling Stones shows them as they look now - not when they were more in their prime.

That's why you'll probably never see a Led Zepplin or Beatles or any other now defunct band as a pinball theme.

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Metallica ceased to exist in 1986, yet....
    R.I.P Cliff.

The backglass shows them now not in 1986 just like the AC/DC does.

And as for the Elvis, he is still living but is in hiding somewhere in South America along with Jim Morrison.

My avatar is proof of that.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Iron Maiden would have as much success as Metallica or more just wait and see.

I highly doubt it.

#79 11 years ago

I'd like to see a Ramones pin but don't think we ever will.

Unfortunately, the driving factor behind the decision always comes down to mass appeal and even though the Ramones are in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and were honored this year to have their 1st album inducted into the U.S. Library of Congress (a pretty-big honor), they didn't sell a gazillion records and have the commercial success that many other bands had.

But man it would be cool.

Gabba Gabba Hey!

Rock 'n' Roll High School

Blitzkrieg Bop

Beat On The Brat

Teenage Labotomy

Sheena Is A Punk Rocker!

Oh yeah.

#82 11 years ago

There will never be a band more popular or famous than the Beatles. John Lennon wasn't too far off the mark when he made the controversial comment that got him into some hot water with the religious right, "The Beatles are more popular than Jesus Christ" because they really were. A fanatical following that has never been matched and most-likely never will be.

Whether that would equate to a successful pinball theme is debatable but it's hard to imagine that it wouldn't be a success marketing wise. The licensing would probably be prohibitive though.

Those of you who were not born yet when the Beatles were still around will never know just how iconic they were. You could have asked anyone from any age group who the Beatles were and almost everyone knew them. You can't say that about Rob Zombie or a band like White Zombie. Nowhere even close to the popularity (or talent) of the Beatles.

But that being said, I do think a Rob Zombie pin would be awesome and his "horror" theme lends itself well to a pinball artwork. I wouldn't mind having one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gatecrasher.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-nib-pins-id-buy-stern-listen-up?tu=gatecrasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.