Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jeux
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Music pin should be next for Stern?”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elvis2.gif
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I know AC/DC is a fast flowing great Richie\Lyman hit (I love it to) but, was never a big AC/DC fan personally. Metallica looks promising and I was a huge fan as a kid, even before they went main stream. The problem is that when I look at my MP3 playlists, there really isn’t much Metallica there, the music has lost its appeal to me over the years so, buying a pin based on that theme is not there. However, I can think of two music based pins I would love to pickup.

Ozzy and Iron Maiden. I still listen to music from both, mostly Ozzy. Ozzy's music has never lost its appeal to me as I've gotten older. Iron Maiden has a little more opera Metal sense to it with stories behind the music, plus the art has always been appealing. When I was a kid I had Somewhere In Time and Aces High posters hung in my room.

I think most of us pinheads are Gen Xers so, maybe we have the same thinking here..Stern are you listening?

Anyway, Stern..if you guys do an Ozzy pin..sign me up for one Bark and the Moon LE.

One more thing, I know you guys signed up for Metallica LEs are going to be a little touchy so, please don't over read this. I think that pin is going to be super fun and I have no intention of taking anything away from that.

#2 11 years ago

Iron maiden would really look great if they allowed Derek Riggs to do the artwork. Otherwise, who knows. Artwork would be big on that one.

#3 11 years ago

Led Zeppelin if they can get the licensing down.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Led Zeppelin if they can get the licensing down.

I'd be in for that!

#5 11 years ago

Have I mentioned Rush yet?

RUSH
    RUSH
    RUSH!

#6 11 years ago

After AC/DC and now Metallica, don't think Stern is not in a meeting right now trying to figure out what's next....

#7 11 years ago

Boston

#8 11 years ago

No, I think Stern is in Chicago...

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Have I mentioned Rush yet?
    RUSH
    RUSH
    RUSH!

Rush has a pretty limited appeal, Greg. I think only gingers...

#10 11 years ago

Well, I guess if we get together a collective list, then I can setup a poll. Everyone wants something different it appears.

#11 11 years ago

Beatles or Led Zep for meeee....yeah yeah yeah

#12 11 years ago

Zeppelin and Sabbath/Ozzy would be my vote. Universal appeal for rockers...

#13 11 years ago

Iron Maiden or Monsters of Rock with classic bands like Judas Priest, IM, Scorpions, Ozzy etc.

#14 11 years ago

Not a huge Maiden fan but must admit that the artwork has a lot of potential and the potential "toys" could be great with the use of their mascot Eddie. Another possibility would be KISS. I am not a fan at all but their Bally game is still one that is sought after and goes for a pretty penny. I just hate the thought of Simmons milking even more money out of his fans! Last idea..... how bout someone finally figuring out how to reproduce MM??? I want one damn it, just not at the 12+K price.

Wait one more idea......a pin with the group Rammstein!!! When you hit jackpot flames can shoot out of the cabinet!!! If you never heard of them go to

and go to the 2:45 mark. Adding pyrotechnics to pinball, now that's a concept that hasn't been done!!!! I can see the disclaimer on that machine!!!

#15 11 years ago

The Beatles or Led Zeppelin are all that really would interest me, despite liking a lot of other bands as much or more than them.

The Beatles are very hard to work with. I had some friends who worked on Beatles: Rock Band and it's kind of insane how hands on the Beatles and their spouses are with the creative process. Harmonix would put together a music video and Yoko would come in and throw her hands up and make them redo everything because John was looking upwards too often or he extended his arms one too many times and it wasn't authentic enough. Stuff like that was common. It probably made for a better product, but I can't imagine Stern being too willing to put up with that. It essentially doubled development cost.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah, probably tangled rights and that kind of stuff make Beatles and Led Zep a longshot...

#17 11 years ago

I also like some of the bands listed, but to be honest, I HOPE the next few titles are themed differently...

Last thing we need to for Stern to get lazy and, after the success of ACDC (and likely Metallica) embark on a rampage of Rock titles... Certainly with the strategy of high priced limited "LE models"etc, they could release a dozen titles aimed at a bunch of fringe fansbases...

Id rather see some new stuff.

#18 11 years ago

Am I alone in wanting a hockey themed game? I know hockey is not huge in the States but I would think it's large enough that a pin with this theme would sale???

#19 11 years ago

Yeah, I'd like them to move away from music pins for a while too.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Am I alone in wanting a hockey themed game?

Yes

#21 11 years ago

Ween

#22 11 years ago
    #23 11 years ago

Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Queen....

#24 11 years ago

Woman's Volleyball?

#25 11 years ago

Pink Floyd

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Woman's Volleyball?

This is an idea....think about the artwork for this theme.

#28 11 years ago

IRON MAIDEN

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Am I alone in wanting a hockey themed game? I know hockey is not huge in the States but I would think it's large enough that a pin with this theme would sale???

Sports themed pinballs never sell well. Why, I dunno...people love sports and you'd think these games would go great in a sports bar....but their last sports title, NBA - was their worst selling title ever. Not sure how NASCAR sold (not that it's really a sport *ducks*)...but they couldn't give away those Dale Jr. LE's. No one's really fighting to get NBA Fastbreaks, Shaq Attaqs, or Big Hurt.

#31 11 years ago

#1 Beatles, #1A Pink Floyd-- Both bands have the imagery in their music to make for some very interesting pinball modes.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Sports themed pinballs never sell well. Why, I dunno...people love sports and you'd think these games would go great in a sports bar....but their last sports title, NBA - was their worst selling title ever. Not sure how Nascar sold (not that it's really a sport *ducks*)...but they couldn't give away those Dale Jr. LE's. No one's really fighting to get NBA Fastbreaks, Shaq Attaqs, or Big Hurt.

That's because with most sports you can just go play the sport! I can't play superhero or rock star.

#33 11 years ago

1) Beatles 2) Led Zep 3) Pink Floyd 4) Billy Joel

#34 11 years ago

Warren Zevon

Steely Dan

#35 11 years ago

SLAYER!
    Raining Blood multiball!

#36 11 years ago

A Led Zep themed pin would make me buy another NIB from Stern.

A Queen or Iron Maiden themed one would make me seriously consider buying as well .

#37 11 years ago

clash, pearl jam, nirvana, RHCP

#38 11 years ago

Beatles
    Rush
    Porcupine Tree
    YES
    Alice Cooper
    Insance Clown Posse

#39 11 years ago

I am shocked that the thread got this far without mentioning Van Halen.

I'm not in the NIB market but I would play the hell out of a Queen pin.

I would enter the NIB market for a Heart pin.

#40 11 years ago

Led Zep!.....Alice Cooper???

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

I am shocked that the thread got this far without mentioning Van Halen.

Just like 96.7% of the people only want a Metallica pin with the first 3 albums represented, 100% of VH fans would only want the DLR albums represented.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Just like 96.7% of the people only want a Metallica pin with the first 3 albums represented, 100% of VH fans would only want the DLR albums represented.

It would definitely open up that debate. Personally, I think they did excellent work with both lead singers.

It would make me puke in my mouth a little but Bruce Springsteen would probably do well.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

It would make me puke in my mouth a little but Bruce Springsteen

I just puked; a lot.

#44 11 years ago

Well I tried to add a poll with the suggestions here and put in Ozzy and the thing went up automatically before I could add another. Now I can't change it. I may have to start a new thread.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Well I tried to add a poll with the suggestions here and put in Ozzy and the thing went up automatically before I could add another. Now I can't change it. I may have to start a new thread.

Start one with all the usual choices, Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Misfits, Ozzy, Ramones, Rush and see where the chips fall

#46 11 years ago

Run DMC.

You could even throw in an Aerosmith mode to satisfy the people who can only tolerate old white rock bands.

#47 11 years ago

I was going to use anything here that at least had two mentions.

Led Zep
    Ozzy
    Iron Maiden
    Rush
    Beatles
    Pink Floyd
    Alice Cooper

#48 11 years ago

Black sabbath
    Zz top
    Areosmith
    Led zeppelin
    Van halen
    Journey
    Bobby brown
    Cameo
    Iron maiden
    Pink floyd

#49 11 years ago

Rolling Stones...... O wait nevermind.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRaider:

Rolling Stones...... O wait nevermind.

They have more pins than any other band, why not give them one more.

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-nib-pins-id-buy-stern-listen-up/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.