• Latest reply 11 months ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

562C58D0-03F3-4F9B-9F41-FEB06F18CEB2 (resized).jpeg
61xzitzYckL._AC_UY879_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Word on the street is that JJP found the snap in their flippers on GF. I've noticed on TS4 they also feel better. Is this simply a power setting that they've changed, or is it a mechanical fix? If the latter, is the mechanical fix transferable back to their older games?
I'd be willing to drop a few bucks to upgrade my Wonka and Hobbit flippers if the possibility was there.

They didn’t improve the flippers. Well, maybe a little. But I played godfather last night and the flippers are still sluggish. The left flipper especially so. The upper left flipper could barely make the side ramp, it was so weak. As I played, the flippers became noticeably weaker. I just kept thinking how much more fun this game would be with a Stern flipper set up.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can bump the power up. JJP leaves quite a bit of overhead available via menus. Sterns usually come from the factory with the lower flippers at or near maxed out.

I understand that. I did that when I owned WOZ. But that doesn’t solve the lack of snap, and it increases the chances of airballs and breaking stuff on the playfield. They just have to reverse engineer sterns setup.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

You don't have to focus on slings to notice they're weak. As mechs go, their impact on gameplay is surpassed only by flippers. Balls hit them constantly, and their relative strength or weakness changes a game's feel, geometry, and ball time significantly. I don't know how you couldn't notice. But we live in era where it's all about the movie clips, so... yeah.

No point in having dialogue with someone who makes ridiculous statements. Would you debate with someone who argues Baker Mayfield is a better quarterback than Patrick Mahomes?

2 weeks later
#39 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I don't think there was anything to improve on JJP flippers.

Agreed. Ya can’t polish a turd.

1 week later
#55 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's floaty, the playfield pitch isn't high enough ask the location to crank the back leg levelers a couple turns. Flipper feel should be similar to Toy Story 4 - they both have the new driver board. GnR and back have the older board.

The JJP flippers are certainly better than before but still not good. Play Godfather, then right after play a new stern and you immediately can feel the difference.

4 weeks later
#59 11 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Somehow, Williams perfected flippers decades ago. What was JJP's problem?

I’m guessing it had something to do with the fact JJP system is basically a slow computer and Williams had their own dedicated system. You turn on a JJP game, it takes forever to boot up. Williams boots up in a few seconds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mushy-jjp-flippers?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.