31 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by chuckcasey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 31 days ago

So, I had heard originally the plan to move the Museum of Pinball had fallen through due to financial issues. Now I saw posted in a story today that the location for Museum of Pinball is going to be going to POT --- seriously --- will be changed to large scale grow facility. Perhaps this will allow the Museum of Pinball then to use those associated revenues to continue w/ the plan to move to Palm Desert? Or perhaps something else. It was the best collection of games I had ever seen better than Pinball Hall of Fame. Anyone have any insights to what is happening other than the articles posted ? Seriously concerned as this was a temple for us pinheads.

#2 31 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate

Already being discussed at the above linked thread

#3 30 days ago

The Museum of Pinball's collection is now 2200 games with about 750 pins. We have outgrown the current location and seeking a new location. A new location was found and planning began early 2021. A few months in to the project the OLD location was leased to a new company (the "pot" company that you mentioned). They are due to move in Quarter 4 of 2021. In the meantime the new location has proven challenging.

To make things work at the new location (97,000 sqft in Palm Springs) we need a major sponsor or for someone to take on the responsibility (assets and liabilities), or find a new location, or find a storage building or sell (to a single collector or many collectors) most the collection.

Thins are VERY complicated with many moving parts. Please think good thoughts. Stay tuned

Chuck Casey
    Curator - Museum of Pinball

#4 30 days ago

It was bad enough to lose the PAPA collection. You saw what the community was capable of with the gofundme for PHOF. Are you willing to go that route? I don’t know what all sponsorship would entail financially. I would hate to see this collection broken off among collectors. This is the closest thing we have to Pinburgh. I went to indisc a couple of years ago with a friend and we had a blast playing the collection.

#5 30 days ago

Hire an accountant. Listen to them. Losing a 2,200 collection just means there's poor financial planning going on.

3 weeks later
    #6 7 days ago

Arstechnica.com wrote about the museum will close on 19th July.
    Machines will go to auction.

If true, then it's a very sad news again after Pinburgh.....

Can someone confirm?

#8 7 days ago

Thx EJS - I havent found this post with my search

#9 7 days ago
    Quoted from Frankfurtpinball:

Arstechnica.com wrote about the museum will close on 19th July.
    Machines will go to auction.
    If true, then it's a very sad news again after Pinburgh.....
    Can someone confirm?

Confirmed. Auction coming soon.
    Check Chuck's key post in other thread linked above.
    Personally I would figure out a way to sell 1500-1800 machines, keep 400-600 and use sale for a new building.
    Say keep 100 best vids, 100 em's 300 more pins.

#10 3 days ago

I just posted an update in a different forum about the Museum of Pinball auction.

We do not have dates for the auction yet but I did provide some basic info and gave thanks to all who have ever visited the Museum and specially to those who volunteered to maintain the games.

Chuck Casey
    Museum of Pinball - Curator

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside