(Topic ID: 282940)

Museum of Pinball, Banning, CA update (December 2020)

By SonicZone

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by xsvtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

After several months without word, I received an email from Chuck Casey at the Museum of Pinball.

What would be the Museum's first two shows of 2021 -- INDISC in January and Arcade Expo in March -- have been cancelled/postponed. No real surprises there, but it is official now.

The good news is that the Banning, CA facility of 1,200+ games isn't going anywhere due to COVID. The maintenance and tech are starting up there again, though in a very limited capacity with a lot of precautions. And Chuck says that more than 60 games have been added to the Museum during the last 8-month period and that they are now underway getting everything cleaned up and ready, working toward that first day of the first event they'll be able to host again. Whatever event that is and whenever it may be.

The ceasing of operations and selling off of the Replay Foundation made me think it'd be a good idea to share some of this with everyone. The Banning museum is NOT headed in the same direction. They WILL be back.

#2 3 years ago

On the Bucket list for sure

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from SonicZone:

After several months without word, I received an email from Chuck Casey at the Museum of Pinball.
    What would be the Museum's first two shows of 2021 -- INDISC in January and Arcade Expo in March -- have been cancelled/postponed. No real surprises there, but it is official now.
    The good news is that the Banning, CA facility of 1,200+ games isn't going anywhere due to COVID. The maintenance and tech are starting up there again, though in a very limited capacity with a lot of precautions. And Chuck says that more than 60 games have been added to the Museum during the last 8-month period and that they are now underway getting everything cleaned up and ready, working toward that first day of the first event they'll be able to host again. Whatever event that is and whenever it may be.
    The ceasing of operations and selling off of the Replay Foundation made me think it'd be a good idea to share some of this with everyone. The Banning museum is NOT headed in the same direction. They WILL be back.

Great news (that the museum will still be in operation). I will definitely try to save up for a trip out west for "whatever event that is" when it is safe to travel again.

I had hoped to be able to go to Pinburgh in 2021 until it was cancelled. Knowing I may have missed my chance forever is a huge bummer.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you for great news today in dark times!!!! I live in Ridgecrest, Ca (middle of the desert) and Banning, CA is the closet place I can travel for pinball events. I attend every public event Museum of Pinball promotes every year.

My wife has no problem I attend these events without my kids and have a boys weekend (FYI, they are 6 and 4).

Patiently waiting for the next event

Keep going strong.

#5 3 years ago

While it saddens me to read this I am glad the museum is hanging on and will be around for future shows where we can all get together!

#6 3 years ago

Great News! Traveled to my first INDISC this year in January and was just amazed on how awesome the facility was and amazing collection. So glad it’s not going away!

#7 3 years ago

I'm penciling in the York show October 2021 and pinning all my hopes on that one going forward

#8 3 years ago

Great news. I'll be ready to rev up and head over as soon as all this BS is over with. Wonder what the 60 new machines are? There are so many awesome ones there already.

#9 3 years ago

Great news. I was worried after hearing of all of the other closures and selling off of games. Looking forward to the day we can go to this great facility again and have some fun.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from SonicZone:

]And Chuck says that more than 60 games have been added to the Museum during the last 8-month period and that they are now underway getting everything cleaned up and ready, working toward that first day of the first event they'll be able to host again.

Thats probably just pinball machines Chuck is referring to.
    I know they have bot a bunch of arcade games and other machines in recent as well.

#11 3 years ago

Excellent news. You read my mind, the Replay Foundation closure immediately had me concerned about the future of the museum, so reading this is a tremendous relief. I've been to all five Arcade Expo events and will be at the first possible event in the future.

3 months later
    #12 2 years ago

Got an email about this new event coming up April 24.

http://www.museumofpinball.org/events/arcade-expo-5-0-march-15-17-2019-2-2/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/museum-of-pinball-banning-ca-update-december-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.