Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,001 posts
  • 236 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

346173231_620255666816257_8933957865336747932_n (resized).jpg
    385552358_1275087430551245_3998102688834720332_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1363 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1466 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 9.49.25 AM (resized).png
    24xx (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220926_150217683 (resized).jpg
    20230928_144406 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220928_144443250 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220728_130030726 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220728_130017712 (resized).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(4) - Copy (resized).jpg
    20220413_152647xxx (resized).jpg
    20220413_151356ss (resized).jpg
    20220413_151418xx (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

1972 Hurst Olds Indianapolis Pace Car Replica
    Approx. 130 convertibles, 499 hardtops and 2 or 3 wagons for media and medical personnel. This is 1 of 220 with a power sunroof. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man....that is just beautiful there now!

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

Thanks. After searching for many years for one with a sunroof, affordable and preferably within driving distance, I found this one 10 minutes from my house! Amazing!

I LOVE the old oldsmobiles, especially the Hurst Olds. That's just beautiful man for real.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My 70 Mustang, slightly modified.
    [quoted image]

I like the pics that have the girl in them much better Paul. Is she still around ir did you let her get away?

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You mean my avatar and these 2 pictures? When it was good she treated me like a king but when it was bad it was REALLY bad. It got to the point I couldn't trust her farther then I could throw her. I found she did the dirty deed with my best friend so I threw her out. In fact it was the guy in the above picture facing the camera with the sun glasses on. He's dead now so he's not around anymore.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yep those were the pics i was talking about. I never was a Ford fan but i gotta say that is one good looking Mustang you got. Theres a guy that lives down the street from me that has a 69 Mach 1 with a 429 Cobra Jet motor and the car has 4k original miles on it. Its blue with a gold stripe and it still looks like it did the day he drove it off of the lot. I would hate to think what that car must me worth.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

That would be a 428 CJ.

This car im pretty sure came with a 429. I could be wrong on if its called a 429 cobra jet but im 99% sure that its a 429 engine. I haven’t seen the car in many years but im sure that its a 429. Paul would probably know if they made a 1969 Mach 1 with a 429 motor. Care to chime in on this Paul?

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The only 429 in a Mustang was the Boss 429, a semi hemi design, if you have one it's a 6 figure car. 69 and 70 MACH 1's were the 428's

Well it nust be the Boss 429 then because i am 99% sure that it is a 429. Its a high dollar car for sure because it is absolutely mint. The guy will flip out if you even get any closer to it than a arms length away. Its a mean SOB i can tell you that also. He drives it around town with uncapped headers and racing slicks and it has the old style Craiger wheels on it. He usually gets it out 1 or 2 times a year and drives it around town for a few minutes and back to the garage it goes and gets covered up. He is the original owner and it is just stunning to look at.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, it is one of a kind. WOW only 4k and the original owner. Off the top of my head that car could be worth 90-100k if it's in as good a shape as you say.

Its literally a brand new car still. It has original paint and everything. He used to take it to the track and race it alot so it has the old 5 spoke Craigers and racing slicks on it. He has the original wheels though i am sure. Its a real pretty blue and it has a gold stripe down the side. It may be the 428 but for some reason 429 is really sticking in my head but the boss stripes are different than what his car has so it must be the 428. Its an amazing car though for sure, one of a kind pretty much.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Pics or it don't exist
    Next time it comes out ,run out there Who-Dey and snap some pics, let us see this beaut.

Lol it exist you have my word on it. Im not even a ford fan and id kill to have this car.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

428 Super Cobra Jet has the stripe.

Yep that is the exact car right there so i stand corrected. I dont know why i had 429 stuck in my head for so hard. I would love to see that car go through a classic car auction though just to see what it would bring because anybody who is a Mustang fanatic surely would be willing to pay huge money for this car. Its literally brand new still and your jaw will drop whenever you see it.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

If it truly is an original 4000 mile car with original paint it would be worth a lot. I could tell if I saw a picture of it.

It truly is everything im telling you it is. The car has the original paint on it and it doesn't have a scratch on it that im aware of. The guy used to live on my street and i used to go talk to him all the time. He still lives close to me but he did move about 15-20 years ago and is probably around 70 years old now but he still has the car and he'll never sell it ever.

I guess there is probably a nicer one somewhere around out there that got garaged as soon as it was bought but i guarantee you that there is only very few in the world as nice as this one is.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was around 1995 or 96 when he offered that one to me for $15k I believe, but I also remember when used original AC Cobras were under $10k.

Ouch....should have scooped that up sounds like o-din. The Ford AC Cobra is another Ford that id love to own. Heck I'd even love to own one of the Replicas. There are a few of them around where i live, beautiful cars. I would have to have the 427 of course.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Same reason other people who know jack shit about cars insist their dad had a 1966 Camaro with a V12 and refuse to be corrected.

Jwilson i dont know much about fords because they just wasnt my thing but I actually do know quite a bit about cars and id be willing to bet that ive had several cars that will blow the doors off of anything that you have ever had. I dont know why you have to be such a smartass for but since you dont think i know shit about cars i guess i could show you one that i have owned if you like. Maybe you should stop being such a dick?
    20180819_142058 (resized).jpg20180819_142058 (resized).jpg

#141 5 years ago
    Quoted from skyrex:

This is from in cabin. Don’t watch if language offends. I was a little happy to say the least about cracking 240.

That is a awesome video, looks fun!

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

This one scared the bejeesus out of us and him. No one got hurt and no damage. So he got a good lesson and we can only look back and laugh.
    Yep, 68 Galaxie. Convertible 390. We are third owner and it has about 53k on it now. All original but the rims and dual exhaust. Not really that fast and no creampuff but a fun car to bring out once in awhile.

Man you guys were so lucky....holy crap! Can you imagine if he would have stomped on the gas with that big ass 390 in there? Good God that could have seriously be bad.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I did stomp on the gas in my Galaxie with the 390 in it, with my girlfriends brother and two of his friends in it, got sideways and drove the car off a cliff. Only thing that saved us was a tree 30 feet down or it was another 150 or more to the bottom. Lesson learned and that started my career as a mechanic tearing the remains of that car apart.
    Great uncle Louis and his mechanic did not fare so well.
    http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/crashphotos_view.php?editid1=48
    [quoted image]

Dang.o-din, sounds like you really got lucky....unfortunately Uncle Louis didnt though.

#222 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I didn't realize this was a dick-measuring contest. The fact that you had some fast cars doesn't make you any less wrong.

You're the one who kept insisting it was a 429 after *several* people said otherwise and provided photo proof. You just couldn't be corrected. So you can imagine why I jumped to that conclusion.
    Also you tend to be a blowhard in general about most things. Just a natural assumption this was yet another topic you knew nothing about but insisted you did. Sorry about that!
    [quoted image]

Its not a dick measuring contest but since you had to shoot your big mouth off fot no reason i figured that i would prove to you that i know alot more about cars than you do so if you ever want to race this blowhard just let me know ok and i will show you how much that you really know about cars.

I don't know much about Mustangs or any other Fords for that matter and i will admit that. ...and i dont even care because i prefer GM cars. I just thought for whatever reason that the car i was talking about had a 429 in it. I was not insisting that it did or trying to prove anyone wrong about it, especially the guys on here that know Mustangs like the back of their hands. I just dont know why you feel compelled to be such a smart ass all of the time? It makes you look like a jerk, i hope you realize that.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Who cares 429 or 428 they were both boat anchors.

Boat anchors yes but you know the old saying Pinbum and its true......There's no substitute for cubic inches!

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Bigger cubes is great but extra weight sucks, i always liked a high revving 358 small block.

Yes they are heavy but i love the torque that they put out. Its a totally different ride down the track between big block and small block. Both are awesome though.

1 month later
    #303 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Price
    Weight
    More room in engine compartment
    Higher reving
    Better fuel mileage
    Cost of parts
    Just to name a few.

You forgot to mention slower.

#307 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Doubtful on a road course like Lime Rock which is where I track most of my cars.

Correct....im talking Drag Racing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/muscle-car-thread-for-pinball-and-car-enthusiasts-?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.