Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43544DD7-04C0-4521-8093-B3D89A3D5964 (resized).jpeg
    greenhornet is back (resized).jpg
    20210808_114527 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Sounds like the murder hornets are back.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/13/us/murder-hornet-washington-scn-trnd/index.html

"murder hornet" was spotted attacking a paper wasp nest this week near the US-Canadian border."

#2 2 years ago

Aww, crap. I thought you were announcing the next deeproot game.

#3 2 years ago

Thats why I stay indoors and play pinball.

#4 2 years ago

I couldn't be less concerned.

#5 2 years ago

Well, at least there's nothing else going on the world to worry about.

#6 2 years ago

It’s times like these I’m really glad I don’t live in a paper nest.

#7 2 years ago

1/2 of a decent sized hornet nest killed by ME a few days ago....bastards made this thing on an upper gutter ...glad I saw it before they saw me!!

20210808_114527 (resized).jpg20210808_114527 (resized).jpg
    #8 2 years ago

I saw them at Central Prison in Raleigh when they were first starting out.
    Lead guitarist was playing a back up Kramer and couldn't get his sound right.
    Since then have to admit didn't really know they were gone.

#9 2 years ago
    greenhornet is back (resized).jpggreenhornet is back (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

"murder hornet" was spotted attacking a paper wasp nest this week near the US-Canadian border."

I'm pretty confident I saw one of these which hitched a ride with me on a road trip when I had the tops off my Jeep a few weeks ago during a trip to Pinfest in Allentown... Crazy thing is during the road trip prior to seeing / knowing about it, I could of sworn I felt a sting / bite on my neck but nothing too crazy. Perhaps completely coincidental. When I arrived, I Went to grab my suitcase... It was on the outside of my suitcase,...your problem now Pennsylvania.

43544DD7-04C0-4521-8093-B3D89A3D5964 (resized).jpeg43544DD7-04C0-4521-8093-B3D89A3D5964 (resized).jpeg
    #11 2 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Who ya gonna call?

#12 2 years ago

I saw them in the 80s, I prefer the original lineup.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm pretty confident I saw one of these which hitched a ride with me on a road trip when I had the tops off my Jeep a few weeks ago during a trip to Pinfest in Allentown... Crazy thing is during the road trip prior to seeing / knowing about it, I could of sworn I felt a sting / bite on my neck but nothing too crazy. Perhaps completely coincidental. When I arrived, I Went to grab my suitcase... It was on the outside of my suitcase,...your problem now Pennsylvania. [quoted image]

Was it really big? That looks more like one of those big bees that live in the ground. I forget what they are called but despite their frightening appearance they are pretty much harmless to humans. Murder hornets are a lot more orange than the one in your picture.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/murder-hornets-are-back- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.