(Topic ID: 267940)

Murder Hornets?

By Photopin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1589039511739 (resized).jpg
    baskin_bees (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    95200813_2661339714132027_571323649294860288_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1365 (resized).jpg
    envypic (resized).jpg
    220px-CHUD_poster (resized).jpg
    7EDBA282-3EE4-4493-9AD3-80A785830ED6.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    CriYj1k (resized).png
    BEDF9874-07CA-462B-9071-ABE8BE510F00 (resized).jpeg
    C01918DC-9261-4F86-B188-535487DC6B80 (resized).jpeg
    hornet (resized).jpg
    Bee (resized).jpg
    IMG_7135 (resized).JPG
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

I have a hunch that when Summer rolls around the murder hornets will miraculously disappear.

#52 3 years ago

now people are eating the hornets. saw it a report.

#53 3 years ago
    BEDF9874-07CA-462B-9071-ABE8BE510F00 (resized).jpegBEDF9874-07CA-462B-9071-ABE8BE510F00 (resized).jpeg
    #54 3 years ago

Guys stop making a big deal out of this. It’s just one hornet coming in from Asia.

Soon we’ll be down to zero hornets.

#55 3 years ago

That’s what they said about the Asian Carp

#56 3 years ago

Steamy Hot Murdersquish
    https://theoatmeal.com/comics/bees_vs_hornets

CriYj1k (resized).pngCriYj1k (resized).png
    #57 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #58 3 years ago

WTH is that photo from? That is horrifying!

This dumb ass let one of them sting him:

#59 3 years ago

Are the Wu-Tang Killa Beez up to the challenge?

7EDBA282-3EE4-4493-9AD3-80A785830ED6.gif7EDBA282-3EE4-4493-9AD3-80A785830ED6.gif
    #60 3 years ago

Friggin media. Covid fears diminishing. Time for the "murder" hornets.

#61 3 years ago

Everytime we Australians walk outside, something is trying to kill us.

We sneer at your pathetic little insects!

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

DAMN BEE BIASED MEDIA!!!

They’ll never stop pushing their pollination agenda and honeycomb lifestyle!!!

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chambo:

Everytime we Australians walk outside, something is trying to kill us.
    We sneer at your pathetic little insects!

You ever walk through the Everglades, big cats there

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You ever walk through the Everglades, big cats out there.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

You ever walk through the Everglades

Frankly I don’t see how you country folks do it. You should move to New York City we don’t have to worry about being dragged into the water by an alligator or stung to death by murder grasshoppers.

#66 3 years ago

Beautiful camping in the fall.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Frankly I don’t see how you country folks do it. You should move to New York City we don’t have to worry about being dragged into the water by an alligator or stung to death by murder grasshoppers.

Lmao, country, I have a bus and train pass in my wallet, pretty useless at the moment, btw.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lmao, country, I have a bus and train pass in my wallet, pretty useless at the moment, btw.

You know we think anybody who doesn't live in NYC is country.

Well except Philly maybe. But the less said about that lot the better!

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You know we think anybody who doesn't live in NYC is country.
    Well except Philly maybe. But the less said about that lot the better!

I’m fine with being second city

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Ding-ding-ding

Winner.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

220px-CHUD_poster (resized).jpg220px-CHUD_poster (resized).jpg
    #72 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

These are about as scary as those "africanized killer bees" that were supposed to take us out years ago.
    All hype

Yup. Glad you can see through the hype. Fear is used to control.

#73 3 years ago

These things are called The Japanese giant hornet (formerly known as Vespa mandarinia japonica), but I guess PC culture has had to soften it to Murder Hornets. Pretty soon we will no longer be able to say Chinese or Italian Food without being called racist.

#74 3 years ago

Where's John Belushi when you need him...

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

These are about as scary as those "africanized killer bees" that were supposed to take us out years ago.
    All hype

You do realize that it's not the threat to people that matter, but the threat to pollinating bees, right? It might be a huge joke to everyone, but over 1/3 of the food we eat is reliant on honeybees. This just adds another thing to the laundry list of issues affecting bee colonies.

Let's take something that actually matters, trivialize it and turn it into a huge joke. Down vote me all you want, but honeybees are more important than you might think and their shrinking population should be something to take seriously.

#76 3 years ago

It looks promising, we may be able catch one, glue a tracking chip on its back, & track it back to the hive. Once we locate the hive, we can burn it.

#77 3 years ago

Deleted - Duplicate

#78 3 years ago

Does it bleed?

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You do realize that it's not the threat to people that matter, but the threat to pollinating bees, right? It might be a huge joke to everyone, but over 1/3 of the food we eat is reliant on honeybees. This just adds another thing to the laundry list of issues affecting bee colonies.
    Let's take something that actually matters, trivialize it and turn it into a huge joke. Down vote me all you want, but honeybees are more important than you might think and their shrinking population should be something to take seriously.

For those of us in our 40s or older, think about your childhood. Do you see bees, or even grasshoppers, lady bugs, butterflies, now like you did when you were a child? For me the answer is, "No". And it's not even remotely close. Climate and habitat change effect the lowest rung of the food chain first and work their way up. I am not a climate fear-mongerer, but the reality is that change is here and some of it is already irreversible.

95% of the public doesn't understand or want to understand that.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

For those of us in our 40s or older, think about your childhood. Do you see bees, or even grasshoppers, lady bugs, butterflies, now like you did when you were a child? For me the answer is, "No". And it's not even remotely close. Climate and habitat change effect the lowest rung of the food chain first and work their way up. I am not a climate fear-mongerer, but the reality is that change is here and some of it is already irreversible.

Was just talking about this over the weekend. Hardly ever see honey bees anymore. Shit ton of yellow jackets though.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

Hardly ever see honey bees anymore. Shit ton of yellow jackets though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_It_Back

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Don't blame climate change. Climate change is this really large arbitrary problem, no one can solve. Consider educating your neighbors. Everyone prefers grass instead of plants, flowers, etc in their yards & they spray their yards with horrible weed killers. That's something we can change. Small changes = large results.

A yard full of grass only is like a desert to most bugs & bees.

#83 3 years ago

We used to have lots of those big fuzzy bumble bees. I almost never see those anymore. The climate is just evolving like everything else. Its not a thermostat that's set like in our homes and is affected by many cosmic forces. The sun also has its own cycles and is constantly changing and aging. Yes the climate is changing like it always has but the biggest change to our climate is that its become politicized. What everyone should agree on is that we are all good stewards of this planet.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

We used to have lots of those big fuzzy bumble bees.

My yard & neighbor's yard have a shit ton of bumbles floating around but we have a ton of native flowers & plants that attract pollinators.

If you have a lot of yellow jackets around, find their next & kill them. Bee's don't setup shop near one another.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

My yard & neighbor's yard have a shit ton of bumbles floating around but we have a ton of native flowers & plants that attract pollinators.

We have tons of bumbles but also have lots of plants they like to browse, hummingbirds too.

#86 3 years ago

Quoted from robotron911:For those of us in our 40s or older, think about your childhood. Do you see bees, or even grasshoppers, lady bugs, butterflies, now like you did when you were a child? For me the answer is, "No". And it's not even remotely close. Climate and habitat change effect the lowest rung of the food chain first and work their way up. I am not a climate fear-mongerer, but the reality is that change is here and some of it is already irreversible.

And what ever happened to white dog poop? Where did it go?!?

When I was a kid, all dog poop turned white. Now, its gone...

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:And what ever happened to white dog poop? Where did it go?!?
    When I was a kid, all dog poop turned white. Now, its gone...

envypic (resized).jpgenvypic (resized).jpg
    #89 3 years ago

The Simpsons did it again!

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is that Jack Black?

Yes its from the movie ENVY. Back when Jack Black was funny.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Yes its from the movie ENVY. Back when Jack Black was funny.

He's very much into pinball & pretty sure he lurks on pinside... I still think you are funny Jack Black!

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

He's very much into pinball & pretty sure he lurks on pinside... I still think you are funny Jack Black!

Sweet!

Now, I love him even more than I thought I did.

It's time to sign off and start my at-home covid-19 cock-pushup workout.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from BobSacamano:

It's time to sign off and start my at-home covid-19 cock-pushup workout.

You only have to do one

#94 3 years ago
    IMG_1365 (resized).jpgIMG_1365 (resized).jpg
    #95 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

And for those not remembering them flying around but were driving - compare the amount of bugs on your windshield/ bumper now and 20 years ago.
    Nowadays, almost none.. 20 - 30yrs ago you drove for an hour in summer and the bumper was black..
    Indeed because too many pesticides are used.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Out here in the desert we have tons of bees. This time of year if you walk around the property and walk under a Palo Verde tree that’s in bloom is swaming with bees.
    That said, it all native landscape that hasn’t been treated with pesticides and what not to mess the bees up.

#97 3 years ago

Praying Mantis will F*%^ Those Murder Hornets up !! They don't take crap from nobody !( especially the females)... Females are like " come make love to me Mr Mantis, then she eats his head off !! Great !

#98 3 years ago

#99 3 years ago

We can’t let the cure be worse than the disease!

Are you suggesting unleashing an army of praying mantis on these suckers? What if they then turn on us??

I got enough problems without mantis sucking my brains out.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We can’t let the cure be worse than the disease!
    Are you suggesting unleashing an army of praying mantis on these suckers? What if they then turn on us??
    I got enough problems without mantis sucking my brains out.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/murder-hornets-/page/2?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.