(Topic ID: 238424)

Munsters........ my biggest pinball let down of the ???

By hoby1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters, is it a hit, flop or somewhere in between”

• Excellent game and a keeper 65 votes
    20%
  • OK... but will never be a top 10 91 votes
    28%
  • Not somthing I would want to own 173 votes
    53%

(329 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img_120016b_xl (resized).jpg
img_120015b_xl (resized).jpg
710x528_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190316-105031_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
310EC4D2-0C64-408B-9893-822B9683E6CA (resized).jpeg
2807D5AA-8DB6-40DA-A36C-32AFEE438BAB.gif
19931331-49C0-4038-B996-E6268CE7DDB5.gif
Breaking-news (resized).jpg
lyman (resized).jpg
F1FF9EA4-C809-4968-A6C7-C469D7789682 (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Guess I'm in the minority on this thread, I like the game a lot and feel it's a nice change from other games, which are all mode based. Stacking the jackpots and getting the multiplier up is a nice challenge and something different.

Its great for quick games... most of my game times are 2 -3 min. It can be brutal which i love but when your nailing the ramps and orbits it super fast and flows like butter. I like the way the rules are coming together and the new code added more depth with the addition on a mini munster madness on level 1 and the full version after getting through level 2 modes. The layout isn't anything special but it plays well and its a typical fan layout like afm mb, mm ,met and many other top pins. It also has some excellent lighting effects and great sounds/video and music. There's much more to it than most of the popular 90s pins and its a dam.fun pin once you understand the rules and objectives. Will it be for everyone ... no , but its a fun pin with fun theme .

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I agree except for The Beatles. Let’s face it. That really was just a con job.

I really enjoy the Beatles ... i enjoy all pinball ..some more than others tho. We sld just be happy new pins are being made and we have lots of choices now. Just have fun in the hobby and buy what you enjoy most... no need for all the hate and disappointment... just have fun and enjoy life... its to short not to.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, there really are a lot for sale. Why is it that hoby1 starts all these super negative posts? Do you own stock in JJP?

There have been a few(8?) for sale but wldnt call that alot really? I know a few were selling to upgrade to a premium or le and just got a pro to hold them over till then. No different than iron maiden or deadpool .. many of those are/were for sale also and its a fun pin. Unfortunately many of us are out of room and move alot of pins to get others lol. Ill probably be selling my pro also ...but only once premiums are available for me to purchase.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not being negative just expressing my opinion and how much I was looking forward to this title
Did not live up to my expectations and now with Dwight saying the code is pretty much the way it’s going to be ..... what else am I supposed to think.
I hope all of you that bought one are happy with your purchase
If in time the game turns out to be a masterpiece like TWD or IMDN I definitely will consider

Have you played it with the newest code ? Its more difficult and the levels vary and there is now a mini madness mode and a main madness mode after you get threw level 2 stuff. I've only made it to the mini wizard mode once in 60 games with new code..and no where near the full madness mode.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Once You get to Munster Madness and have to manipulate 4 flippers You might enjoy game. Lower PF is awesome to Me.
Long game times. Usually have my games set to 5 ball had to change Munsters to 3.
When people start getting their Premiums I believe there will be less haters.
I have 10 Great Sterns in my gameroom and 2 guests that have come over in past week have played BM66SLE and Munsters LE...other games lonely.
And neither of the 2 were pinheads...Just golf buddies. But they were both older and knew who the Munsters were.

Really long ball times? My pro has the shortest ball times of all my current pins except bsd ...and they are similar. Guess it depends how your pins are set up.and how you approach them.also. ..
But mine is dam brutal...

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Well I'll say it for you, munsters is not at all a good game right now and don't think it looks promising. They screwed up a good theme, not the first and won't be the last.

Yep it totally sucks and i doubt they even sell 250 of them total...

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game is simple, but challenging. Stack the jackpots, get the multiplier up, cash in the jackpots. Sounds simple, but it’s challenging.
BSD is much less than that, stack three MB’s, get the 30 mil jackpots...genius, simple and challenging. Why doesn’t BSD get boring? I actually thought it did when I had a smaller collection, but now that my collection is larger, I regret selling it.
I don’t understand the hate for Munsters. It just has a different rule set that may not appeal to everyone.
I wonder if BSD Were released today how people would feel about it.

That must be y i love munsters... bsd has been in my collection the longest of anything and i still love it. They are similar now that u said something. However much more to munsters especially with the newest code. I like the mini madness and and then the full madness mode after level 2. Also the levels are different enough that they feel.like different modes. Then add in the zap button rules and there's more than enough to do. Plus all the lcd content and callouts really top things off.

1 week later
#342 5 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

As an LE owner I really like the game.
I'm curious if You ever played an LE. Pro's with no mini pf are missing 1/2 of the game.

Not sure about that.. the pro is very good especially for nearly 2k less than the next model.... also the lower playfield isnt half the game .

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just got back from TPF and the Munsters pin was a hit!!! A really fun game with some good shots. Munster Madness took some work but was really cool!!!

You get to the final munster madness or just the mini version on level one? The new code really made the game so much better.. not sure what all changed but I've only seen the level 1 mini madness mode a handful of times over few hundred games and no where close to the full munster madness after level 2 modes. The game is really good and its the most ive played a pinball in a while.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep, heard the same comments at TPF that most really loved it, and I didn't see one person get Munster Madness over the 3 days.
Let's also see what is included in the next code update that is currently being tested.

Munster madness is tough to get to now ... the mini version is possible (still difficult with .96 code) but the the full Munster madness is gonna be difficult to see now .

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Now its TOO hard!!!! lol j/k

Im not sure what was changed on .96 but ive only seen the mini version of madness a few times in hundred or so games... and no where close to munster madness level 2

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I thought street prices were $5600 on pro and $7300 on premium, so $1700 there.

That's about right .. give or take few hundred each way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munstersbiggest-let-down-of-the-?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.