(Topic ID: 238424)

Munsters........ my biggest pinball let down of the ???

By hoby1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters, is it a hit, flop or somewhere in between”

• Excellent game and a keeper 64 votes
    20%
  • OK... but will never be a top 10 91 votes
    28%
  • Not somthing I would want to own 173 votes
    53%

(328 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img_120016b_xl (resized).jpg
img_120015b_xl (resized).jpg
710x528_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190316-105031_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
310EC4D2-0C64-408B-9893-822B9683E6CA (resized).jpeg
2807D5AA-8DB6-40DA-A36C-32AFEE438BAB.gif
19931331-49C0-4038-B996-E6268CE7DDB5.gif
Breaking-news (resized).jpg
lyman (resized).jpg
F1FF9EA4-C809-4968-A6C7-C469D7789682 (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg

There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If this game is such a bomb, the first premium that shows up around here for pro pricing, I'm in. I love this game.

I think you will have a long wait.

#352 4 years ago

I have an LE, it’s always fun to play. All of the Premium buyers with soon experience this.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I have an LE, it’s always fun to play. All of the Premium buyers with soon experience this.

I’ve played a lot of games on the LE at Boxcar Greensboro and it’s a very fun pin. Nice layout and I enjoy the lower playfield. Premium is definitely a cool looking pin.

#354 4 years ago

Just got back from TPF and the Munsters pin was a hit!!! A really fun game with some good shots. Munster Madness took some work but was really cool!!!

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just got back from TPF and the Munsters pin was a hit!!! A really fun game with some good shots. Munster Madness took some work but was really cool!!!

You get to the final munster madness or just the mini version on level one? The new code really made the game so much better.. not sure what all changed but I've only seen the level 1 mini madness mode a handful of times over few hundred games and no where close to the full munster madness after level 2 modes. The game is really good and its the most ive played a pinball in a while.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think you will have a long wait.

I don’t know. @6K seems to be a pretty common price at which Stern premiums settle, even the best of them. See AC/DC or Walking Dead. Munsters doesn’t seem well-received by the community, so it certainly doesn’t seem like the premium would settle at a higher price point than the “desired” games.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I don’t know. @6K seems to be a pretty common price at which Stern premiums settle, even the best of them. See AC/DC or Walking Dead. Munsters doesn’t seem well-received by the community, so it certainly doesn’t seem like the premium would settle at a higher price point than the “desired” games.

I think the difference here will be the black/white art package. I think the Munsters Premiums will appeal more to those that are big fans of the show and don’t expect to see a lot for resale except for ops rotating games because I don’t expect it will sell well. Maybe there will be a wave of buyers who think they want the lower PF and change their minds but I don’t see it. If Munsters Premium indeed settles around $6k, I’m not buying one unless I’m 99% sure it’s a keeper.

I think it’s the Pros that are going to drop more quickly. I’m a little surprised by how many Pros have already been up for sale. Certainly a few want to upgrade editions but it seems like the “90’s like code” while a good idea for ops and casual players, is hurting/will hurt collector sales. As recent Pros go, it’s a nice one but $600-$900 losses (and tax) in about a month seems steeper than they should be this early.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think the difference here will be the black/white art package. I think the Munsters Premiums will appeal more to those that are big fans of the show and don’t expect to see a lot for resale except for ops rotating games because I don’t expect it will sell well. Maybe there will be a wave of buyers who think they want the lower PF and change their minds but I don’t see it. If Munsters Premium indeed settles around $6k, I’m not buying one unless I’m 99% sure it’s a keeper.
I think it’s the Pros that are going to drop more quickly. I’m a little surprised by how many Pros have already been up for sale. Certainly a few want to upgrade editions but it seems like the “90’s like code” while a good idea for ops and casual players, is hurting/will hurt collector sales. As recent Pros go, it’s a nice one but $600-$900 losses (and tax) in about a month seems steeper than they should be this early.

I see in another thread people are selling Pro's to upgrade to Premiums and LE's.
I guess we will see on the numbers over time.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the bottom falling out of this game if i were you because thats not going to happen. I also dont understand why you think this game isnt going to sell well? Its selling like hotcakes and has been a big hit for Stern so far.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for the bottom falling out of this game if i were you because thats not going to happen. I also dont understand why you think this game isnt going to sell well? Its selling like hotcakes and has been a big hit for Stern so far.

I spent 3 days at TPF. I heard and joined in so many conversation over this pin, ladies and gentelmen of all types loved this pin, wasn't ever an un-occupied pin. Maybe Dwight's vision was right.. It is blast to watch someone struggle on lower playfield as the timer counts down while needing to qualify grandpa. Great multiplayer game like TZ.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That was me. And 6K is not the "bottom falling out". That's par for the course for just about all Stern premiums, even the best ones.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

That was me. And 6K is not the "bottom falling out". That's par for the course for just about all Stern premiums, even the best ones.

You cant buy any of mine for 6k.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I spent 3 days at TPF. I heard and joined in so many conversation over this pin, ladies and gentelmen of all types loved this pin, wasn't ever an un-occupied pin. Maybe Dwight's vision was right.. It is blast to watch someone struggle on lower playfield as the timer counts down while needing to qualify grandpa. Great multiplayer game like TZ.

Yep, heard the same comments at TPF that most really loved it, and I didn't see one person get Munster Madness over the 3 days.
Let's also see what is included in the next code update that is currently being tested.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep, heard the same comments at TPF that most really loved it, and I didn't see one person get Munster Madness over the 3 days.
Let's also see what is included in the next code update that is currently being tested.

Munster madness is tough to get to now ... the mini version is possible (still difficult with .96 code) but the the full Munster madness is gonna be difficult to see now .

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Munster madness is tough to get to now ...

Now its TOO hard!!!! lol j/k

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

OK...Let's give it 1/5th.
Smart shoppers are getting Premium for $1200 more than a pro.
Decent value.

I thought street prices were $5600 on pro and $7300 on premium, so $1700 there.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Now its TOO hard!!!! lol j/k

Im not sure what was changed on .96 but ive only seen the mini version of madness a few times in hundred or so games... and no where close to munster madness level 2

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I thought street prices were $5600 on pro and $7300 on premium, so $1700 there.

That's about right .. give or take few hundred each way

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munstersbiggest-let-down-of-the-/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.