(Topic ID: 238424)

Munsters........ my biggest pinball let down of the ???

By hoby1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 368 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Munsters, is it a hit, flop or somewhere in between”

• Excellent game and a keeper 65 votes
    20%
  • OK... but will never be a top 10 91 votes
    28%
  • Not somthing I would want to own 173 votes
    53%

(329 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img_120016b_xl (resized).jpg
img_120015b_xl (resized).jpg
710x528_21126873_11830734_1511426120 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190316-105031_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
310EC4D2-0C64-408B-9893-822B9683E6CA (resized).jpeg
2807D5AA-8DB6-40DA-A36C-32AFEE438BAB.gif
19931331-49C0-4038-B996-E6268CE7DDB5.gif
Breaking-news (resized).jpg
lyman (resized).jpg
F1FF9EA4-C809-4968-A6C7-C469D7789682 (resized).png
download (resized).jpeg
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think you meant to say ghostbusters

That too. Another great pin

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Deadpool was viewed very poorly when it was first released, shallow code, clunky shots, now it seems to be the flavor of the month. Munsters just needs some time.
For those who say it's too easy, what kind of scores are you putting up? I think my high on the prior code was maybe around 200, stock settings, no ball save.

I haven't played a pro on the newest code, the location I play at most swapped out their Pro for an LE. My best score on a pro was around 600,000, with average scores probably in the low 200k range. My best so far on the LE is 450k. I'm pretty much done playing the game at this point. I don't see a major code overhaul to add any depth to the game. It's a real bummer for me, I am looking for something new for home and was hoping this would scratch the itch. I like the theme and art package, the game is just too light in the depth department for me. It's the same reason I didn't pull the trigger on a Monster Bash

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

THis game has been hyped so much. “Best layout that Borg has done since Metallica”. What a snooze fest of a game. The artwork is great, the shots are boring, I have shot them all before. The code could allways be fixed, the layout can’t.

This to me is the problem: the shots suck. The code is not great and that's expected (look at Guardians!) but the cheap drains off the metal rail on the left side aka Ghostbusters (and, in fairness, GoT) are just getting old.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I really enjoy the Beatles ... i enjoy all pinball ..some more than others tho. We sld just be happy new pins are being made and we have lots of choices now. Just have fun in the hobby and buy what you enjoy most... no need for all the hate and disappointment... just have fun and enjoy life... its to short not to.

When it comes down to it, of course you’re right. On the other hand, since games are still being made, expectations get set and then are too often summarily squashed (see Beatles).

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That makes almost no sense. This is the first "shallow" pro they've made in ages.
This was supposed to be a simpler game after the deluge of button mashing nonsense and complexity of some recent titles, and that's what it is. Doesn't mean every game from here on out will be like that and Stern won't "do better."
FWIW my GF likes it. She likes the Munsters, Spot coming up from the stairs, bashing Herman, the clips and likes that it's "easy." It's the first time she's ever gotten a wizard mode LOL. So great, she can go for that while I'm working my way through the Batman 66 next to it or going for team ups in Dead Pool.
So it's not for everybody but it's the game they set out to make. If you don't like it, wait for the next one. There's ALWAYS a next one.
I think people around here tend to forget how many games Sterns pumps out, 3-5 new titles a year. It's almost ridiculous how productive they are. If Beatles or Munsters ain't for you, maybe the one coming out in a few weeks will be.

The code bothers me less than the design shortcuts. I mean, the monotargets (TM), come on. If monotargets sell it's only encouraging them to strip down the features even more. They'll keep doing it feature by feature, slowly, until eventually a Stern Pro comes out with one flipper and one giant monotarget and Franchi's art of Gary's ass on the translite and people will still be defending how loaded it is.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

When it comes down to it, of course you’re right. On the other hand, since games are still being made, expectations get set and then are too often summarily squashed (see Beatles).

Beatles, another GREAT pin

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Beatles, another GREAT pin

You're wrong. Its horrible! If anyone has one for sale please contact me......

#108 5 years ago

I love the thread title.

What's with the ???

Biggest let down of the year?

Decade?

Century?

HISTORY OF HUMANKIND!?!??!

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

The code bothers me less than the design shortcuts. I mean, the monotargets (TM), come on. If monotargets sell it's only encouraging them to strip down the features even more. They'll keep doing it feature by feature, slowly, until eventually a Stern Pro comes out with one flipper and one giant monotarget and Franchi's art of Gary's ass on the translite and people will still be defending how loaded it is.

Stern likely loves people complaining about things that stop / interact with the ball and praises for "buttery smooth" ramps and orbits. That's music to their ears as it will save them money.

Flow is overrated at today's NIB prices. Any design will feel fast when theres two standard ramps, two orbits and little else on the playfield to interact with the ball.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's with the ???

Decade?

Century?

I vote "past day and a half". Is there a poll?

#111 5 years ago

I have played a Pro extensively on location and while it is not my favorite game, it is fine. I cannot understand how people get so upset about a pinball machine that is pretty fun. Did you expect the game to change the way you view the world? Maybe pleasure you sexually? If you don't like it just don't buy it.

#112 5 years ago

I wouldn't count on the code making this great, the guy hasn't even finished his previous game.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the thread title.
What's with the ???
Decade?
Century?

Apparently a poll is needed!

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

... Maybe pleasure you sexually? ...

(No revealing Deeproot's upcoming design features!)

#114 5 years ago

Remember when I was “the negative guy”?

This is fun to watch.

This is the first Spike era Stern I’ve walked up to and there wasn’t something fundamentally wrong with it...and I had fun. Would I buy one? Not sure...but it’s the first I’d consider since Metallica came out, so that’s something.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

At some point all that is left is Stern being full of themselves

#116 5 years ago

I have only played the premium version, but I enjoyed it.
I think that this is the natural backlash of people buying new games, being disappointed for whatever reason, and selling too quickly. It happens with EVERY pin. Fortunately for me, I don't have enough money for such frivolity.

#117 5 years ago

I think it’s a Gary code mandate.

Gary says this. Dwight has to follow. You do this as a good employee. He does a solid job.

He’s not a player though, like Lyman.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Remember when I was “the negative guy”?
This is fun to watch.

This is the first Spike era Stern I’ve walked up to and there wasn’t something fundamentally wrong with it...and I had fun. Would I buy one? Not sure...but it’s the first I’d consider since Metallica came out, so that’s something.

Something is def wrong here.

I agree with RH

#119 5 years ago

We're really having fun with the LE. We currently have 2 pins in the collection (BM66 Premium, and Munsters LE), and over the last week, we've played Munsters almost exclusively. It's so much different than BM66, and we really enjoy that. My wife and I describe the difference between a "mission" style game and an "experience" style game. Munsters (the LE at least) is a really great game experience, even if the rules aren't as deep at BM66 (which we *love* and feel is a modern classic in it's current form). Munsters is fun, and the art package is truly impressive. It just looks amazing in the game room.

We're expecting Monster Bash LE shortly, and it'll be interesting to see which we gravitate towards. To each their own, but we're having a blast with it.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

We're really having fun with the LE. We currently have 2 pins in the collection (BM66 Premium, and Munsters LE), and over the last week, we've played Munsters almost exclusively. It's so much different than BM66, and we really enjoy that. My wife and I describe the difference between a "mission" style game and an "experience" style game. Munsters (the LE at least) is a really great game experience, even if the rules aren't as deep at BM66 (which we *love* and feel is a modern classic in it's current form). Munsters is fun, and the art package is truly impressive. It just looks amazing in the game room.
We're expecting Monster Bash LE shortly, and it'll be interesting to see which we gravitate towards. To each their own, but we're having a blast with it.

I have both those LE's (delivered on the same day even) Munsters is getting more play time by everyone. MBR LE is Drop Dead Gorgeous.think you will love them both.congrats

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

That is a great 3 game collection. I’ve got all 3 and they r fantastic

#122 5 years ago

Wow, there really are a lot for sale. Why is it that hoby1 starts all these super negative posts? Do you own stock in JJP?

#123 5 years ago

Btw, this NOTHING compared to the shit BM66 received non stop.

Now it’s one of the best pins ever

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, there really are a lot for sale. Why is it that hoby1 starts all these super negative posts? Do you own stock in JJP?

There have been a few(8?) for sale but wldnt call that alot really? I know a few were selling to upgrade to a premium or le and just got a pro to hold them over till then. No different than iron maiden or deadpool .. many of those are/were for sale also and its a fun pin. Unfortunately many of us are out of room and move alot of pins to get others lol. Ill probably be selling my pro also ...but only once premiums are available for me to purchase.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not being negative just expressing my opinion and how much I was looking forward to this title

Did not live up to my expectations and now with Dwight saying the code is pretty much the way it’s going to be ..... what else am I supposed to think.

I hope all of you that bought one are happy with your purchase

If in time the game turns out to be a masterpiece like TWD or IMDN I definitely will consider

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the fear is that Dwight said it's about where he wants it to be and with it being at .96 I doubt it ever comes close to batman but I like the quicker games,I don't always feel like a 30 minute game.I can see how some wouldn't like the game as I thought I may of made mistake buying it for about the first 100 games then it started clicking and I started ordering mods.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not being negative just expressing my opinion and how much I was looking forward to this title
Did not live up to my expectations and now with Dwight saying the code is pretty much the way it’s going to be ..... what else am I supposed to think.
If in time the game turns out to be a masterpiece like TWD or IMDN I definitely will consider

Once You get to Munster Madness and have to manipulate 4 flippers You might enjoy game. Lower PF is awesome to Me.

Long game times. Usually have my games set to 5 ball had to change Munsters to 3.

When people start getting their Premiums I believe there will be less haters.

I have 10 Great Sterns in my gameroom and 2 guests that have come over in past week have played BM66SLE and Munsters LE...other games lonely.

And neither of the 2 were pinheads...Just golf buddies. But they were both older and knew who the Munsters were.

#128 5 years ago

hoby1 how many games have you played on Munsters? If it's a dream theme maybe play some more if it's not then maybe just move on.after about 40-50 games at the bar I was a bit let down but then it started to click with me and by 100 I was loving it.is it my favorite pin?no but I have no desire to sell it.it's a great counter to my xmen le(my only post 2001 Sterns). I don't get mad at the haters on this one not every pin is for every person and Munsters is probably a little above the average as most nib buyers are looking for a deeper mode based game for their 6-9000.

#129 5 years ago

Title changed and poll added. Inserted ( my and pinball ) into topic.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I think the fear is that Dwight said it's about where he wants it to be and with it being at .96 I doubt it ever comes close to batman but I like the quicker games,I don't always feel like a 30 minute game.I can see how some wouldn't like the game as I thought I may of made mistake buying it for about the first 100 games then it started clicking and I started ordering mods.

There is a lot more code/rework coming from what I heard

Love it when a pin starts clicking

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Title changed and poll added. Inserted ( my and pinball ) into topic.

I doubt that the poll is going to be very favorable in a Munsters hate thread lol. I have a feeling that once you put a few games on it hoby that you are going to change your mind.

Once you do that and start liking it then you can start your Munsters apoligy thread.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Just ribbing you dude !

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just ribbing you dude !

Hey he deserves a good ribbing so let him have it. Hoby1 is a great great guy and i like him a lot but he crossed the line shitting on my Munsters like he did! Paybacks are going to be a Bitch for this!

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey he deserves a good ribbing so let him have it. Hoby1 is a great great guy and i like him a lot but he crossed the line shitting on my Munsters like he did! Paybacks are going to be a Bitch for this!

I didnt..... Dwight hopped up on the PF and took a big crap, then stood up and made crazy comments about code being near finished.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I didnt..... Dwight hopped up on the PF and took a big crap, then stood up and made crazy comments about code being near finished.

#136 5 years ago

Game is fun and the code isn't bad hoby. Don't listen to all the negative Nancy's around here! Its a fun game.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Have you played it with the newest code ? Its more difficult and the levels vary and there is now a mini madness mode and a main madness mode after you get threw level 2 stuff. I've only made it to the mini wizard mode once in 60 games with new code..and no where near the full madness mode.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

This game is salvageable with code. It’s literally the simplest most incomplete code I’ve ever seen. Needs modes and more lighting effects.

You clearly never saw launch Batman '66. Munsters is incomplete but nowhere near as bad as BM'66 for the first 12-18 months.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Once You get to Munster Madness and have to manipulate 4 flippers You might enjoy game. Lower PF is awesome to Me.
Long game times. Usually have my games set to 5 ball had to change Munsters to 3.
When people start getting their Premiums I believe there will be less haters.
I have 10 Great Sterns in my gameroom and 2 guests that have come over in past week have played BM66SLE and Munsters LE...other games lonely.
And neither of the 2 were pinheads...Just golf buddies. But they were both older and knew who the Munsters were.

Really long ball times? My pro has the shortest ball times of all my current pins except bsd ...and they are similar. Guess it depends how your pins are set up.and how you approach them.also. ..
But mine is dam brutal...

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Sounds like its earning very well on location . I only played 2 games and just seems like another cookie cutter game that looks nice

Not on the route I help with. First two weeks were very good from sampling, then dropped off a cliff.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not on the route I help with. First two weeks were very good from sampling, then dropped off a cliff.

Pro?

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

lyman (resized).jpglyman (resized).jpg

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You clearly never saw launch Batman '66. Munsters is incomplete but nowhere near as bad as BM'66 for the first 12-18 months.

Thats a fact there now! Remember they had it at one of the pinball shows and they wouldnt even ket anyone play it because it had no code? The damn lights turned on and that was it pretty much....they wouldn't even plunge a ball.

#144 5 years ago

You have to have the ability to see the future greatness in a pin.

Thus far, despite selling some, never regretted a purchase.

Lyman is about a guarantee as there is. He’s the best ever. Love Keith too but Lyman is pure magic

Lyman took a basic BM66 layout and turned it into another masterpiece

#145 5 years ago

Wow OP.

Didn’t get what you wanted so go cry to the world.

Grow up man!

If it’s not for you that’s OK state that in the other threads. But to open up a single hate thread... wow...speaks volumes.

—>Bunch of softy down voters - give them a ribbon for participation!

#146 5 years ago

Remember this is a Dwight game

#147 5 years ago

Yeah, Pro. The original plan was to get a Pro and run that for 6-8 weeks until the Premiums shipped then upgrade it. That plan has been scrapped. We upgraded the Iron Maiden to a Premium instead.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wow OP.
Didn’t get what you wanted so go cry to the world.
Grow up man!
If it’s not for you that’s OK state that in the other threads. But to open up a single hate thread... wow...speaks volumes.

I don’t agree with hoby on his thoughts on Munsters but he is a stand up guy and he is great for this hobby.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don’t agree with hoby on his thoughts on Munsters but he is a stand up guy and he is great for this hobby.

Then tell him to close this thread and be stand up - right?

#150 5 years ago

I finally played one today (LE), I didn't really care for it. To each their own though, I'm sure plenty of people enjoy it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 368 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munstersbiggest-let-down-of-the-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.