Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Potentially the biggest selling pin from stern in a long time...and Gary you gave the programming to dwight (no capital D on purpose). I had my check signed, then had to tear it up. The game mght be fine in a big collection, but man, how disappointing after IMDN. The bar has been set with IMDM, now match it.

What he said x 100

Exactly the same, had the coin ready, this theme actually got my spark interested in pinball again after a 3 year exit with no games

Stern to release Munsters....AWESOME NEWS.

So I watched every post, hoped for the best, watched the Dwight / Borg release video, heard the comment she's basically finished, saw the big paddle board targets, secretly hoped game still ok, PLAYED THE GAME MYSELF, within a few minutes of play the game had scored Lily for me, thankyou big paddle, and I had Herman sorted and one other so quickly and yet felt like I had personally done very little.

I walked away so disappointed then spent said saved money on a HUO basically brand new BM66 and also bought a Deadpool Premium.

Game is 8850 new in AUS $ and recently a PRO owner who tried to offload it after short ownership took 2-3 weeks to sell it on AUS most popular forum, for ~ 7500.

#241 4 years ago

That.......relentless.......brain melting.......sack shrinking.......Broadway stage production music on WONKA......drove me insane after 2 minutes on all streams I have tried to watch.
Just horrendous.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

So...have you been living in a cave for the last 5 years and did not expect this issue? I totally stopped buying Stern's new games and no longer have an interest in even looking at the them after all this poor coding that has gone on for so long. Its hard to believe that people put out their hard earned money for disappointments one after another with code. There are too many quality games with better quality and coding out now to waste your money sending it to Stern.

Here is.where I believe the MASSIVE difference lays between Munsters release code and recent game release codes.

The.community has grown to accept and actually EXPECT rough early code, then tidy ups and revisions and additions along the way. THAT'S the system now and most seem OK with it because past games have mostly "become" awesome with code evolvment.

Ready for the thing that has turned most people off MUN ( again in my opinion ) ... people saw the game and started to realise it was another game coming out very raw, and....accepted that, and then DWIGHT SULLIVAN SAYS " this game is pretty much done".

That moment right there had me thinking "really, no more".....and I beleive that statement killed a load of potential future game sales.

People rightfully expect a lot of bang for buck these days and majority dont see it in this game in its current form.

I get that it's fun and fast, people want more

1 week later
#467 4 years ago

If they came out and said " there's a load more to come", then they get my money, it's that simple. I don't care if it takes 6 months but if I know it's 100% coming then I'm buying.

However if it remains a mystery I ain't risking it and I'm waiting for next title.

Dead simple

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There is a difference between legit unfinished code, and rules that you don't like and subjectively want changed.
Examples:
-Spider-Man might have been one of the first games that was noticeably unfinished, due to this: All modes had a video clip intro, clips when you hit a shot, and a finale clip...except the 3rd Sandman mode. There was just text, and this was clearly due to it being unfinished. When big updates finally started to hit, not only was that finished - but Lyman added TONS of new stuff...new combos, new rules, new light shows, new shaker FX. All great stuff...but, had it not been there, you couldn't have called "unfinished"
-Wheel of Fortune....WOF has a bunch of inserts that say "Wizard Mode Bonus"...those inserts are totally unused, and there's no wizard mode coded in the game. That's the main thing that makes the game unfinished...had those inserts never been put on the playfield, there wouldn't have been such a scandal. There are a few bugs in the game too, such as Multiballs ending with 00 on the display for your points earned...but if you put those things aside, it's a pretty robust, creative and interesting game...a person can totally play it and enjoy it, plenty of modes and puzzles to solve.
Now with Munsters...granted, I haven't played it enough to say if you could call it "unfinished", but I get the sense that the complaints are subjective...people just don't like the rules and approach...but if everything that was meant to be in the game is in the game, and all the features and inserts function and mean something...then, it's probably finished. If anything else gets changed or added, that's up to Stern & Dwight to take customer feedback into account or not.

Dwight Sullivan's apparent inability to listen and react is costing Stern sales numbers.
There's a ton of owners happy with how it is now, also saying it doesn't need more and it's fun as it stands. That's great, they're happy and enjoying it.

Then there's a whole load of us fence sitters who think the game is ok as it is BUT expect a lot more bang for buck than it currently offers. Considering that we all see DP and BM66 getting non stop treatments and are games of very good/great depth, then we expect more from this GREAT THEME title.

And no on hears a thing from or about Dwight Sullivan. Heck, Steve Ritchie even wrote a nice decent long response assisting BKSOR owners with some issues in which he stated he reads Pinside posts etc, so don't tell me Dwight would be unaware of potential new sales on MUN if he got off his arse.

Also, you tell me ONE current happy MUN owner who would be annoyed or pissed off if they wake one day to see that thier game stays with the same features they have now BUT they see that it has just had a ton of new tasks added to it. Every single owner would be downloading that code and raving/praising.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Soooo...he DOES listen. Whether he implements things come down to whether he agrees and/or whether he has time.

Fair enough.... but.....other programmers all seem to "have the time", so for an unknowledgeable, lack of facts, 12000km away speculator such as myself it just "looks like" he is ( sorry to say ) ....lazy.

#543 4 years ago

I'm a lover, not a fighter

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You don't have to aim for the Dragular or Lilly targets, The sling shots do it for you.

And therein lies the issue.
Lily is lit before you even realise and Dracula is often achieved very quickly..... And you, as the player,.....have done nothing to obtain them. Nothing.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

don't confuse pinside fanboys with reality

I believe that MANY of us fence sitters would have risked it and crossed fingers for future code , even if it took a year or so......had Dwight not dropped that line in the release video .

#625 4 years ago

Today, in Oz......I finally got to see and play Premium.

And .....I am still torn.

Possibly the best looking pin I've ever seen, it truly looks FANTASTIC to me. The great light show adds the colour as I knew it would.

Love the theme from day one.

Shoots so fast and smooth, I realise none of what I'm saying is news to many here.

Side targets are not ideal but also not as bad as I envisaged them to be.

Lower PF was better than I expected, flippers on soft.

Question remains do I proceed and risk future code updates , it would be nice to have a super fast "non experienced player" friendly game in the house and I love the theme, so this IS calling for me to buy........

My " non pinball" friend from work LOVED IT.

What to do.......

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

There are a lot of us thinking the exact same thing.

Stern need to realise there is a FLOOD GATE of orders heading their wayif they polish this a little. A flood gate......

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

if you were just flipping and didnt know what you were really doing i would suggest that you learn the code and go back and try it again and see if you like it better.

Had a fair idea what I was doing, lit Lily, Herman, Grandpa.....got Raven MB as well.

Seemed to be fast and "busy" as I was trying to work out zaps, jackpots, collect, retain etc.

Loved the feel, just want more depth. I get the "chase a score" thing and don't mind it, it's just that its12k here in Oz so its a mighty big decision. Having said that, a freindly game in my small collection is warranted

#641 4 years ago

Played my part and sent Dwight a polite email.
Cc'd GG as well.

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

.......or he'll have a nice warehouse full of
pretty colored machines.

At this stage they at least have one BW stuck in that warehosue
that would otherwise be in someone's house ( mine )...... I truly
cant see anyone ordering this game NIB as it stands right now
whether it be colour, BW, LE or comes with a free BJ voucher from
your local establishment.

Surely Stern are sitting around and going "wtf have we done here
and how do we fix this and get sales rolling on this game,"
surely?

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe the sales are flat and Stern doesn't want to invest much more in code

Sales are flat BECAUSE of code.

Huge selling unplayed title straight out of the gate, then once played by many.... the code screams began, begging for more code as many more buyers are waiting.

Colouring a title does zero for code, and I personally believe will do little to boost sales.

They need to listen to their clients

#705 4 years ago

Jaylar. That ain't hate at all. People get it, so many want more on this spectacular looking, themed game.

Like you, I love everything about it, not the code.

I , like many others , have 12k AUD of Sterns money...... sitting firmly in my pocket.

And for now, it's saying there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#749 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I like the Munsters, will be buying a premium this week

I may not be too far behind you.....

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Congrats. B/W or color version?

BW for the win - IF - I proceed

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve made it very clear to both, but I’m just one guy. But, like most things, the people that will speak out on an issue are typically a fraction of the people that feel the same way.

I also made it very clear that I was a 100% buyer who is sitting on the fence and some small additions would 100% get my money.
They didnt even reply to acknowledge the email had been recieved and/ or even a quick "thanks- appreciate feedback' type of reply.

To me - thats arrogance.
I , like many many many other humans get hundreds of emails a day - and answer them all - regardless.
Its good customer service to do so.

The arrogance ( or whatever you want to call a non reply ) of no reply actually pushes me just a little further away from giving Stern $$ for this title

#813 4 years ago

I just figure that not ONE person on planet Earth would fail to respond in any way to somebody that was saying " Hey, I have 12k if ya want it".

#893 4 years ago

I love how such an "apparent" woeful game is so captivating that it has 3 threads running, two of which are massive and continues to get daily comments across its threads ......and that, months after release.

BK SoR has around half of this attention, yet is according to many a great fast pin with awesome animations etc etc etc

Just find that interesting.

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

To be fair most of those posts are who-dey

#908 4 years ago

Make of this what you will ....

Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
#911 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was a Munsters Colour Premium post from today.

Correct.

#919 4 years ago

It pains me to say - that I have made my decision - and at this stage I wont be buying the game.

Spent some time on a recently delivered B/W Premium at a local pub yesterday ( game was delivered there on Saturday )
Looks - FANTASTIC - its SUCH a beautiful game to look at and the lab in the middle really sets it off and sets it apart from other games aesthetically - its eye catching and should draw players in.

Plays - very nicely and smooth, love the Marilyn turnaround ramp, love the Eddie loops and ‘like’( just like ) the lower PF ( flippers were set to soft )

Gameplay - look, I aint the worlds best player - but I aint too rubbish either - but there is not enough in the game - sorry.
I do understand there is ‘strategy’ to scoring the ‘right way at the right times’ and utilising the Kitty shot , but its just too rinse and repeat.

To be clear , this is not a bash post , I actually did ENJOY wailing the ball around a fast, smooth, open table for a change.
But - that code Dwight - that code is THE absolute reason I wont be spending the cash.
I could live with the big targets IF they were more integrated/ utilised in different ways in the code, rather than just “sitting there” awaiting natural hits.

Lily - looked after herself - every game I played - not fun.

Dragula - Just like Lily, that target also looked after itself - every game I played - although the Dragula shot itself is HARD, the target is pointless from a players skill POV

Herman Multiball - was ‘OK’ - but kind of unexciting to me - needs to be more to achieve than hitting the same jackpots over and over - needs a moving target , something, anything to make you ‘work’ for it.

Spot and Raven - were TOUGH to get to. Spot popped up for like a few seconds , was dark, and was then gone, so thats tough and I liked that.

Grandpas Lab - was easy to get started and was ‘just OK’ to play but I really feel ( for me ) would get tired - I do understand its linked to the up top play , but the feel would get old - to me.

I actually got to Munster Madness 1st level on my 4th game and it was really hard to know what to do other than just whack and wail both sets of flippers like a noob. To know that I just had to do all that over again to get to MM2 wasnt thrilling me either.

And yes - the LCD integration seems to be hit and miss - I mean the “Ball Saved’ animation is PERFECT with Herman ‘saving the ball’ in the baseball game - but I saw little else that was linked that same way ( granted you cant look up a lot , but I tried )

Ultimately I have to make a decision , I have ummed and arred for way too long and I just cant justify 12k ( plus another 1k for mods ) on this BELOVED THEMED title. I may revisit my thoughts down the track IF this develops somehow.

Happy for those of you that own and enjoy this style of gameplay of course , you have a beautiful looking pin that you enjoy.

Resized_20190602_121852.jpegResized_20190602_121852.jpeg
#921 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every game isnt for everybody. I am in the same boat with BM66 as you are with Munsters. I want to love it so bad because its a dream theme for me but i just dont. If you aren’t feeling it you just aren’t feeling it.

LOL - I knew you would be first Who-Dey
Yeah mate - not feeling it - I tried and wanted to so bad - nearly lying to myself to 'make it so" - but I had to be real about it.

#927 4 years ago

I'm shocked about this one with you Who-Dey, I just picked a BM66 last weekend and with the new 1.03 code this game is freaking awesome and integrated with the TV show the way the Munster's should have been.

Without trying to turn a MUN thread to a BM66 thread I just wanna add a little to show why I think MUN could do with more depth ......

The thing with BM66 is there are different paths you can choose to take - in a super deep overall code ( yes it took years )
Rather than just going for Major Villians , I have recently been trying just to get the TV targets 1st and completing Bookworm, before anything else ( I realise I can do that WITH a Villian ) but i’m trying to start the game that way and THEN get FREEZE and THEN start Villians, which makes MY game a little harder.
I don’t do this every game but I can choose ‘whatever’ I want to do.
I also am able to set the individual stand up GADGET targets so they score separately (not by hitting the adjacent target) - same with TV targets - again making gameplay that little tougher as I have to actually aim for one or two of the last GADGET letters individually.
OR I can just forget everything else and try for Season1, 2 or 3 Minor Villians -whatever I want to do.
All of this and no matter how I approach it leads to the end of the game eventually but I choose along the way how I play it AND I have decent ‘side’ modes as well along the way ( Bat Turn and Multiball )

My point is THIS style of depth / choices and settings and various approaches to how you play a game is something that would be great and MUN could have integrated into the gameplay - and its an attraction for many players today, at todays prices.
When playing MUN I felt that I would ‘be handed ’ Lily, then work a little for GP and Herman, then work for Spot and Raven and thats it - linear play when compared - BUT to its great credit , the playfield on MUN is WAY smoother and faster than BM66.

Yes I know..............theyre two different designs - just sayin

#971 4 years ago

I 'd like to read in to what their intentions might be whether it's code enhancements or gentle stroke job

Hey...ain't nothin wrong with a gentle stroke job

#994 4 years ago

In short, and put simply....DS has cost Stern and Distos a boatload of extra income. There is no doubt of that.

#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

You sure about that?
Dwight coded Ghostbusters. And that game without a doubt was one of our very best selling games.

Noting carefully that I said "extra" income....

#1027 4 years ago

I'm curious.....Are these guys full time employees, if so .... people say " IF game is selling well then Stern won't pour resources into more code etc etc" ...... " Lyman did a lot bm66 in his own time etc " ......tell me what Dwight Sullivan does at Stern ( or any programmer ) for 40 hours a week between 9 and 5 every day when "thier" game is not the one currently running.

Admin work, warehouse duties ??

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Works on the next game.

There is simply no way.....games from each are often a year /years apart...... not arguing, just say in......

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Sorry, but ... WAY. If you think that the only thing a “programmer” does in a pinball company is write code, you’re pretty unfamiliar with the whole production process.
And if you think “programmers” are just punching a clock and working 8 hours a day for 5 days and calling it a week, then you’ve clearly never worked in an environment or a job that one infamous pinball head (topper?) proudly referred to as “game jail.”

That's why I asked..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wotto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=wotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.