Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters is a very popular theme, TV series and a timeless iconic property. Stern will give it additional love, no need to worry. Stern will be selling this table for another 3 years or more.

LOL. Ghostbusters is a far more popular "iconic property" and look what they did with that...

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At this point I don’t know man, there’s a lot of stock still sitting with distributors and LEs still readily available with a lot of potential buyers like me sitting on the fence to see how Munsters is going to end up.
The GOT updates also show huge promise for what Dwight might do when he revisits Munsters, I just hope it gets some major theme integration that the theme deserves.

Don’t buy it. Just don’t. I’ve heard a lot of owners hating on it, which is almost unheard of around here. I’d say over 50%+ of non-owners despise it, myself included. The market and ratings can be trusted from a macro perspective. Get a deadpool or a JP2...

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t buy into anything on Pinside who, it’s like the car forums I am on, I am interested in others opinions and their thoughts and feedback but ultimately it’s my opinion and mine alone (well and my kids haha) that dictate what I buy.
I have a pro that’s local to me and have spent quite abit of time on it up until now love the layout with the exception of those mono targets they are just a lacklustre and honesty I rarely know I’ve even hit them as I often don’t even aim for them as I get them naturally as I play, LOVE the ramp shots Borg knows how to make super fast and smooth ramps that are fun too shoot.
And yeah I get the rules and quite enjoy them I just feel they need a little more substance and the theme needs way way more polish and integration, at £9000 here in the U.K. for a premium Munsters in its current state is a little hard to swallow compared to say BM66 at the same price that’s a lot deeper and has the best theme integration in a pin, this isn’t a bash on Munsters simply at current prices especially here in the U.K. I was hoping it would rival BM66 when it came to its use of the theme. If every mode was as well integrated as Midnight Madness this pin would be sat next to my BM66LE without hesitation.

It’s great that you like things about the game, but you’ve essentially answered your own question. There are far better games for the same price or cheaper. You’ll have trouble selling Munsters, trust me. Compare it to jp2 pro for design and gameplay. Night and day.

#1307 4 years ago

I think they are going to leave it as-is. It's functional. Sucks, but functional. They have new games to sell!

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I didn’t understand this game until now, after having it in my home and all I can say is I can’t get enough of it. Prior, I had only played it on location. The lighting, the music, the shots and code all work so well together. It’s an amazing package! The software is crazy good and fun. Do I think it needs more mode based things in the game? Yes! It could use for instance:
1. Marilyn’s boyfriend footage and mode, showcasing that part of the show.
2. Eddy’s mode needing some added show footage: example, a mode showing him running away from home, with the loop shots being him running away, etc.
3. Lilly mode showcasing her in different skits from the show.
4. Herman with Paul Lynn the doctor mode and the doctor bumping into him while bashing Herman.
5. Spot being lost in the neighborhood show footage and then finding him under the stairs in the game after all. Bashing him for being a bad boy and worrying the family.
There is so much show material that could be added by Stern. Then everyone would love the game even more. It is a fantastic game as it stands and I never tire of it. Chasing and collecting zaps and jackpots risk reward is exciting, with dragula as the vehicle to make it all come together is so fun and always has that one more game feel.
It is not about getting to Munster Madness, even though that is fun too! The game has plenty depth and is in no way a simple game like the 90’s. Monster Bash, while being a very good game, is very simple. I can run through all the modes over and over during one ball game session easily. It becomes somewhat repetitive and after a while not that much fun. Munsters is not the same at all and is exciting all the time. I hear some people try comparing the two and they don’t know the two very well, because there is no comparison. They are night and day different.
Munsters is a top game the way it stands now and I’m so glad I bought one. But must say, after reading this thread for the past 6 months, the way people have trashed it, I almost didn’t buy one and that would have been tragic, because it is my families favorite out of all our collection. I have not listed all our games on pinside, but we have a nice growing collection of modern games and only growing larger, but Munsters stands at the head of the pack in fun and excitement and that’s saying a lot! Guests like it more than any other game they’ve played too.

I'm glad you like the game, but I just don't agree with most of what you're claiming. Reviews of the machine show a general consensus that the game is too shallow. We should be well ahead of 90s games, code-wise, and Munsters isn't. Compare the code to IMDN, for example. It's about 40% equivalent.

2 months later
#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Six or so. Let's say 10 for EZ math.
You are from Cali
So 1 from California
1) California
2) New York ?
3) Florida ?
4) Texas ?
5) Illinois ?
6) Illinois again ?
7) Oklahoma...Cactus Jack's where I played my first Pro model. And then went on the hunt for an LE.
???
9) ???
10) ???
How many ops are out there making a stab at pinball money? Have you talked to any of those guys? Or you concentrating only on the ops that agree with you that think Munsters is a POS, too?
Standard marketing dogma is that 1 happy customer will tell his happy story to one other person. And 1 unhappy camper will tell 7 other people what a POS such and such is. They will shout from the mountaintop.
So, 6 or so, are out there spreading hate and discontent about Munsters. And if they keep shouting long enough about what ails them eventually people start believing it (your last name is not T...p, is it ? ).
I am really not interested in some hate mail coming from 6 or so people. Yours is starting to sound like a fish story of the one that got away.

This game is #71 on the top 100. 71! And this is inflated with the screwed up system of ranking by LE. Even if you dislike the list, you cannot deny that a majority of folks on here clearly see problems with this game.

The one routed near me is always empty. I've given it many tries and have told probably about 7 people how much I hate it. I doubt Vireland's sample is an inaccurate representation of the norm. The theme is too old, the PF is bare, the stand-ups are a joke, and the code is awful.

If you love the game and it makes money in your neighborhood, that's great. It's not that way around here.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When I read comments like this I gotta wonder if you know and understand the rules and how to play the game. I'm not saying that you dont so dont take it that way, but I just wonder because if a person doesnt understand what they're shooting for or trying to do the game is an all out snoozefest and just feels boring to play.

The only thing I had to really learn was zap, and it can be fun. I like cranking up the jackpots as well. These two satellite rules are the coolest part of the game. Getting to Munster madness over and over is a snoozer.

I know the game and, like Ghostbusters, just can't get into it. I've had fun moments, but that's with all pinball, except Avengers.

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I love cranking up the jackpots, it never gets old to me and it's such a challenge and when you cash a big one in it's very satisfying. Trying to cash them in usually ends in failure though because I get too greedy and try to go for more. I also think this is a great tournament game because you dont score points by getting lucky on this game, you earn them.
I say leave the code alone but put in some more movie clips and redo Lily, Eddie, Marylin, and Spot modes and this game will be top notch.

I'm glad you like the game, and the premium/LE is probably better than the pro I've played. My primary point was that many, myself included, disagree about the code, and this may be why some of us are seeing it ignored on route.

I do agree about the jackpots, but it's just not enough...

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You cannot prove that a majority of folks on here clearly see problems with this game. If you add all the posters up on this thread, maybe you might be able to tally up a vocal minority.
BTW: There are 1413 posts in this "worst code" thread. On the Munsters Club thread there are 6350 posts. On post numbers, you are already sucking hind tit.

Seven is the magic marketing number related to how many dissatisfied people will trash something. So, you and Vireland have made it known to 14 others of your dissatisfaction.
I don't care what you doubt. You may as well be saying "it is my opinion". "I doubt" is about as concrete as a dirt path. So, you can tell either me for sure that Vireland's representation is accurate, or you can doubt that it is inaccurate. And you can't tell me for sure, can you; You can only doubt. Doubting is guessing; Guessing is not a debate.
As you said, you have given it many tries and you don't like it. Nothing wrong with that. I have things I don't like, too. I played it 3 or 4 times and fell in love. Here is a pinball machine I can put my coins in and get some action in return, instead of shoot-drain, shoot-drain. You have your opinion. I have mine. And as is noted the world around, opinions are like a..holes; Everybody has one.

The theme is too old? OK. Then I should not be expecting you to be extolling the virtues of Batman 66, correct?
The play field is bare? I like the open play field. It is the exact opposite of CFTBL which, IMO, suffers from "too much shit on the play field". And since we are going acronym nutty in this 21st Century, I will call it TMSOTP.
The stand-ups are a joke? That is your opinion, sir. Nothing more.
The code is awful? That is what the vocal minority keep harping about.
Let's run some numbers. First, tell us if Munsters is a sales success or a sales failure? Be sure to preface your statements that they are your opinions only. It is Stern's privilege to declare a sales success or failure. Stern is the only outfit to have its finger on all of the relevant information. You, me, and all other are just guessing.
How many pins does Stern have to sell for said pin to be a sales success or sales failure? Got a number?
On Pinside, 393 people own a Munsters. 258 have one on their wishlist. And there are 267 public places to play Munsters.
How many people own a Munsters that have nothing to do with Pinside? How many people who have nothing to do with Pinside have a Munsters on their wishlist?
Between you and Virland's "6 or so" OPs who are having bad luck on route, there are 267 public locations where Munsters can be played. "6 or so" out of 267 is not a very large number. Matter of fact, "6 or so" amounts to just around 3% of the 267. 3% of anything is a weak argument. And that is where the vocal minority on this pin is at. A weak argument.
Now, if Vireland had come back that he had been communicating 30-40% of the ops around the country I'd say maybe there is something to it. But 3%? 3% is nothing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You're on a worst code ever thread, so you're already sucking hind tit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.