Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Many of us feel just like you do. How many of us have written to stern directly telling them: we are ready to buy money in hand, just need so much more video from the TV series (70 shows and not much game related show parts, like Batman does so well, in the game. We’re all hoping Dwight adds more from the show, like Lyman did for Batman. Meaning modes like using Dragula to win a new family car mode directly from the show. It can’t be that hard to do. Dwight is a good coder, just needs to be given the time. Stern will be selling this title for the next 4 years, like they are with Batman.
Theme series integration is key to making this the pin we all want. Everything else about it is spot on (pun intended lol).
Please everyone write emails directly to. (If someone knows better email addresses, please advise): [email protected] or send to Chaz: [email protected]

Right on!

For all those that have great Munsters code suggestions please email
Dwight Sullivan [email protected]

Don’t assume he knows - if you have a great idea, great theme integration - email it to Dwight.

Stop bitching, take that energy and focus into something positive!!!!!!!

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks Wotto!
Yes, when everyone emails Dwight he deserves respect imo, as he has coded some of the best games out there. Like the way underrated SWPre/LE. Absolutely fun, deep and varied code on a fab table layout by Steve Richie.
He unfairly gets slammed for GB, when his time is dictated by his boss, Stern. All GB complaining should be directed to Stern, not Dwight.
Love the Munsters and positive Stern can pull a rabbit out of the hat code wise, if they’ll let Dwight do his thing and we all give suggestions of what can make it a great deal better.
Really hoping they will give Dwight the time to do this theme the right way, like they did Lyman on Batman. What a fab game, Batman! Now we just need Munsters to be brought up to that standard.
PS what is George Gomez email address, since he should be CC’d in on all this too.

Assume: [email protected]

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

These are some great suggestions. If Lyman was able to make a
game like BM66 better with code. Imagine what good code could do
for a great shooting game like munsters. You need to start a new
thread that is titled Munsters Code Suggestions for Dwight.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I couldn't agree more and like this enough. Excellent idea, then
email Dwight the link to it.

Thinking the same thing...........YOUR WISH has now come true!

Please see link below, and keep to positive improvements. For my fellow Pinsiders that have posted suggestions already, I humbly ask you to repost those suggestions here so they are CONSOLIDATED for Stern. Thank you in advance.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight#post-4994045

#781 4 years ago

On the Deadpool side of the world....Tanio(?) keeps adding more past 1.0

2 weeks later
#979 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

FWIW- I sent an email to all four guys about an hour ago. Already got a response from George! It was a nice email, bottom line of which said some games are designed on purpose to be less deep than others (appeals to larger audience), Munsters turning out to be a very popular game, and he felt it would be a popular game for many years. I must say, him taking the time to respond to my email after hours so quickly is impressive. And while Munsters may never be an ultra-deep game, they seem open to considering what they hear from their customers.

Did you point them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-code-suggestions-for-dwight

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Most likely JJP, but would consider new games from any manufacturer.
My game room is full of favorites so I will really have to like a game/theme for a new one to come in since it will replace a game everyone loves. There are very few existing games or possible themes that would move the needle for me. Munsters was perfect, but Stern screwed it up. I’ve got high hopes for Elvira 3; would love to see it beside EATPM and SS. A JJP Toy Story done well will get a “buy it now” from the family.
I don’t need to buy any more Stern games NIB and I’m not going to just settle for a game with a theme with so-so code.

Have you bought a large number of NIB Stern pinballs??

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

unfortunately plenty of people seem to agree with the OP despite his/her disdain for the type of game or his/her inability to add to the discussion.
seems like letting people discuss things like this is the entire point of an independent fan forum, no?
its not like you need to even open the thread in the first place lol.

Right.

Each new game should get a forum like this one? Shitty code at start, improvements along the way.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless the code author is on record as saying what he's already released is almost done, and he also has a record of buggy abandonware. That's the Munsters situation. It's almost graphable now. This is not a Batman'66/Lyman situation, though the starting point is almost equally bad.

That’s the Stern way - base code (comes at various levels on games) - then improves over many, many months.

I thought Munsters was supposed to be more basic code though (didn’t know it was buggy?). Maybe they listen and add a bit more code/mode.

1 week later
#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Van Es and I came up with a pretty cool monster/item/room scheme for ACNC. Each of the 9 monsters is vulnerable to 3 unique items you can collect as you explore, but the rooms as laid out in such a way you'll only be able to collect at most 2 per traversal. This way you never get to have a monster battle with all 3 active and "run out of ways to play the game". The items also all make sense both in where they are found and what monsters they affect. Really thought it was important to make the location (a castle) integral to the rules. So it had very deep potential even before Bowen came on board!
I haven't played Munsters enough to complain about its code. I just think it's too old of a theme. It's funny to think about but if location players actually drove themes we'd be seeing stuff like Power Rangers, Pokémon, anything Nintendo... Probably a big reason why Deadpool does well and Tanio is from the video game industry thus he infused a lot of those mechanics which younger players enjoy.
If Stern is doing Jurassic World/Park I think that will do well. It's the Millenial's Star Wars.

Read this and was thinking if Munsters is old theme....what is Alice Cooper?

Does anyone know when his #1 song was originally produced? 1972 !!!!!

1 week later
#1149 4 years ago

Every new game could have a hate thread like this...just the Stern model. Release with partial code and fix over the long haul.

Maybe every new game should get a thread like this....hmmm....second thought - what a big freakin waste of time!

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup...and unfortunately they judge "old" games based on what they hear other new players saying...and I think most of these people haven't played the great 90's games, or haven't played well maintained versions.
It's a shame. They're really missing out on the best of the best....and this is coming from a "Whitestar/SAM Stern defender" lol. When I started in the hobby around 2006 or so, ALL COLLECTORS HATED STERN GAMES lol...I was the guy going "they're actually really fun" while everyone else was saying "They're cheap, their ugly, the toys suck, the playfield printing sucks, the cabinet resolution sucks, the plastics resolution sucks, the ramps are thinner, etc etc etc". Full on hate. Even collectors who buckled and bought "good" Sterns like LOTR would still bitch about them. Anyway, I wish I understood what the new "new only" buyers are seeing in the new games...other than they're...new? I feel like if they played a nice clean lineup of 90's B/W games, their minds would be blown at the creativity, mechs, and organic & fun (and often deep or deep enough) rules.

Maintenance...maintenance....maintenance....troubleshooting....troubleshooting....fixing....fixing

Lots of the new player, buyers; don’t enjoy tearing into games to learn about the mechanics, electronics, etc. I think that’s half the fun; but sometimes just playing can be more fun.

#1217 4 years ago

Wow, WTF.

A bunch of losers in this thread!

Play pinball, enjoy the games you like, life’s short.

This thread has gone way past constructive, to just nasty (my opinion is 100% right).

Grow up people.

Go play and enjoy pinball. The industry is strong - be appreciative. You will look back at some point and appreciate what we really have going on right now.

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What do we have going on now? Overpriced, unfinished untested games with no cool playfield features & goofy rules? Why would I look back on that with appreciation?

If we get back to the dark days of pinball, people will appreciate everything we have today. Hope we don’t face the big R, because there will be no big P!

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

These are the darkest days IMO, and I’ve been doing this for a while. Games cost too much while offering too little...plus, untested and unfinished. Tons of amazing pinball machines from better days exist, and good games are forever.

Well if big R hits and all pinball companies fold except one...and that one has to cut to minimal staff (and like fewer coders)....will see what we have then.

Oh wait that sounds familiar from just a few years back! !!!!

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Boy oh boy are you getting ready to be surprised soon!

So then what is the surprise?

1 week later
#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Well, it certainly doesn't look like Munsters is going to get a code update any time soon, so the arduous task of recording actual show call-outs from the DVDs and integrating them into the code with the Pinball Browser program is about to begin. I want to hear Eddie talk when Eddie stuff happens, I wanna hear Grandpa speak when the lower playfield activates, etc... I want the game to sound like I'm playing the Munsters by the voices too, not just by the background music (which I like a lot). I don't want to listen to the unnecessary and poorly implemented (IMO) voice impersonations any more when there's so much great content available. The Paul Lynde voice is used so much, it feels like I should be playing a Bewitched machine (if there was one) with Uncle Arthur as he was in WAY more episodes of that show. Sigh

If you can do what cleland did for GOTG ...Pinsiders will be buying you a topper!!

FYI, he used some spreadsheet/macro to update sound mods as new versions were released. Might be worth a shoutout to him.

4 weeks later
#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

OMG, there are 5 Munsters LE's for sale right here on Pinside including one NIB. Lowest is $7500! Thinking about making it 6 for sale (sigh). Not the first financial bath I've taken on Stern games, and maybe not the last, but I suppose it's the cost of dice rolling on Dream Theme LE's sight unseen just to be able to get one due to the competitive hype that we all get caught up in. Finding it too time consuming to change the call-outs using pinball browser, so I'm giving up. Oh well, another one bites the dust. I really wish I was one of the guys that enjoys the game, but unfortunately I'm not. Too bad too, I really love the look, music, and theme but I don't play it and just don't have space for museum pieces.

5 for sale out of 600!

Wow the world is going to stop !

FYI, there are 4 Iron Maiden LEs right now out of 500. So what??

1 month later
#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I thought Dwight said on Twitch Wednesday that Munsters was finished.

Just like GB code was finished!

Stern no longer tells people they are going to work on code - otherwise they will have a issue to manage like they did for 3 years on GB

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Dwight never said GB was done.... he actually said on the live steam that Munsters is .

I have very similar email from Dwight I can share if that helps.

Of course a video would be better....
Here you go rookies... hoby1

#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Things are getting better every day now... Using the Pinball Browser program, I have spent many hours going thru the sound clips already included in the 1.0 code. There are TONS of them and many are applicable (no surprise) to various places in the game. I have replaced a lot of voice actor call-outs that I don't like or that seem out of place (namely the Paul Lynde ones) with the authentic character sound clips included. Now Grandpa says things when the mini playfield is active, and Herman says a lot of stuff along with Lily and Eddie. I'm finally starting to enjoy this game! Since there IS so much content that isn't currently being used anywhere, I'm hopeful my efforts will simply satisfy me until the job is done professionally at Stern (why else would they be in there?). It REALLY makes a difference hearing the original characters say things while you play, and it's making it so much more fun. Thanks to Oliver for creating the Pinball Browser!

Will you share like cleland has done for other games?

2 weeks later
#1365 4 years ago

Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's literally the ONLY GAME we have ever put out where earnings fell off starting the FIRST WEEK and never recovered. It's not like we intended to get rid of it. We had planned to put out a Prem once they were shipping, but the Pro did SO BAD SO FAST that those plans were cancelled. The only time it's ever happened on this route.
Glad your Munsters LE is doing well, but it's an exception, not the rule for Munsters from every other OP I've talked to, and my firsthand route experience with it.

I here what you are saying BUT don’t generalize please that every other OP crap. You don’t know every OP and there business in the US.

Common, I expect more from you Vireland.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.