Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider busa32927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

hi all

i am over munsters. what a waste of a game. massive disappointment. total sh!t!!!!!! the game has everything to be great and what a pos for the code. nothing exciting nothing make u feel like you want to play more. hey finished level 1. oh great what does level 2 have. wtf its the same as level one. BS!!!!! wait every character is the same for shots major BS!!!!!! wth stern. a 5 year old could have made better rules than that sh!t!!!!

#10 5 years ago

its garbage code. herman. ramps and orbits, grandpa ramps and orbits, spot left ramp, raven ramps and orbits, lilly just hit anything. its worse than jetsons, its the worse code period. SW was fun and deep. munsters is sh!t!!!!!!! what a waste of my money. i cant wait to get rid of this turd of a game.

#17 5 years ago

i get that they simpler code. so i wasnt expecting bm66 level or SW level of deepness. this is a major step backwards. 80s level of code. hell 70s level of code. i shouldnt be able to see everything a game has to offer on 3 balls. game had the potential to be amazing. if i wanted 80s level of code i damn sure wouldnt have spent that money on a new game. i would have bought an early stern for way less money and with far less level of disappointment.

#19 5 years ago

stern could easily fix this. make a real set of rules. i will do it for them for free. Stern if your listening send me a PM. I will right up a real set of rules for this game.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe you should have gotten a premium or LE?
Did you change factory settings? Add a ball saver? Make it easier? This game needs to be set up tough and brutal. Maybe open the outlanes? It’s not supposed to be a long player like BM66 & SW.

setting it up steep, outlanes or playing with your eyes closed doesnt make the code better. its still the same shots over and over. nothing feels different or even a drive to play it again. IMdn code is chopping wood. Same crap. Never put a number to anything you have to hit. it makes the game turn into.... oh i need 8 ramps oh i need 10 orbits. so on and so on. no desire or want to complete anything other than oh i have to hit so many ramps. I can rant on and on on why IMdn suxs too. I am not a point chaser and that doesnt drive me to play a game or spend my money.

#41 5 years ago

i am going to play deadpool this weekend and will probably be dumping Munsters as fast as i can. I agree with KISS code. It is a lot of fun now. If stern can fix it in the next decade i will play munsters again. but after this weekend i will fold it up and sell it.

#49 5 years ago

I played it first. enjoyed the code with hopes of it getting better. stayed flat.

#50 5 years ago

I hate all of the MM, CV, MB, CC, AFM era of games. those games are not for me.

#66 5 years ago

Here is the thing. I have owned MMr and beat it. Played CV many many times. I get why people like them but they are not the games for me. I do like Munsters as I said before. It has everything I want in the game except the code. The code of it has no drive at all. There is no OMG i reached this level feeling ever in that game. Hand of the King - awesome, destroy the death star - awesome, defeat smaug - awesome, Horde - awesome. Those are all amazing moments in those games. can you honestly say munster madness is awesome? its fun for an 80s game.

#72 5 years ago

i get all of what your saying. but its just missing a lot. chase jackpots. ok. thats it? 6x multilier and cash in. ok. but still no moments. i use to like simple code like BoP, pinbot and data east games. But even BoP had a moment when u get to the billionares club.

I love borgs stuff. A point chaser game does nothing for me. Sounds are great, artwork amazing, shots are buttery smooth. I am just very disappointed in the lack of code.

sorry to rant on and on.

#77 5 years ago

strummy i have played the snot out of those games. old hat. i get why people love them. i am just over them.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One question. Why did you buy a game you hate?

i love the theme, shots, art etc. I am patient with code development. I understand it takes time to polish a game. I have BM66. That took a couple of years to become an amazing game. the development of this code has been very poor. .98 to .99 pointless. so close to being 1.0 with little to no previous updates that are worth anything beyond release code.

There is no accomplishments. no real purpose in playing anything for anything beside points. the same sound effects for every mode. the same "no ending" for every mode. 75% of the game is copy and paste. level2 is the same as level 1. 3/5 of the level modes (herman, raven, grandpa) are basically the same.

its a flip for points game. nothing else. nothing different than an EM with a color display. I had an iron man. Code is simple but far more fun in 1 mode than the entire code of munsters. The munster madness feels pointless. no achievements no different sounds no different effects no point in getting there.

There is no connection in game play and theme. All of those episodes and nothing? come on dragula should be a mode in itself. a drag race of hitting alternate ramps and you get gramps to the end you get a big bonus. its not very difficult to think of these things. it just wasnt and wont be done.

Heck throw in a commercial break bonus.

I am not bashing what people like. there are games for everyone. to me this game is pointless other than to flip to get points. I could play an episode of welcome back carter and would be no different.

#209 5 years ago

I think with more games being in the home market they have to be somewhat deeper than munsters. the entire ruleset can be put on that little card on the apron. Thats ok for a system 11 game ok for a data east etc. but there is nothing in this game that makes you feel like you are part of that world. nothing. what ever you do in the game has no risk, no reward, no failure, no success, no change in the sound effects, or anything else. It is solely relying on the shots and art. there isnt taf qoutes to enjoy.

#269 5 years ago

lmao yes i noticed after i posted my grammatical error. i will take full responsibility for that lol. A lot of people have not read what i was saying so let me break it down in a list.

Good:
amazing art
great sound
shots are buttery smooth
great theme
great mechanics
an amazing physical game

Bad:
the player is not integrated in the game
no story line
no purpose for making a shot
no change in sounds
no risk vs reward
its rinse and repeat for 75% of the game
There are no "moments" of success in the game

If you took the same code and put it to any game you would think it sucks. Imagine if the code to TAF was this way. shoot a ramp. oh you got gomez. shoot a ramps and orbits for points. oh shoot fester. now shoot ramps and orbits. No integration no purpose and no point to shoot anything.

Every game from high speed forward has a story line and a goal you are reaching based on that story line. Sadly there is not that in Munster.

I wish there was in munsters. Honestly i do. There is no point in debating someones opinion. This is just my opinion. If you agree to it then is cool. if you dont agree to it then it is also cool.

#272 5 years ago

sadly thats the only risk vs reward.

i would feel tons better about the code if there was a purpose to anything other than shot this or that for points. That is very elementary.

Dragula for example. how much more fun would that be if during dragula you were playing as grandpa and you had to win the race to get the family car back. the race starts when the ball is launched and you had to hit ramps to go faster and beat the other person. when you hit a ramp a new sound effect. u hit a stand up grandpa yells out of frustration. u hit herman and he screams out go grandpa faster. then at the end of the race you hit the grandpa scoop. If you fail the character on screen taunts you and lilly says better luck next time grandpa.

Simple to do. But it just wasnt done.

#274 5 years ago

sadly i am bummed too.

#277 5 years ago

sadly what you do in munsters u basically do in any game that you dont know how to play. just shoot stuff and get points.

1 week later
#329 4 years ago

its at .99 .98 to .99 was pointless. i hope the code does get amazing. like you said "the game has too much going for it" but its coded status is sad.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You have hate in your heart ! You need a hug!!

lmao too funny. hugs are always awesome.

1 week later
#508 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ding ding ding.

nope that is incorrect lol. anyone can reach the "wizard" mode on this. zizzle all the way!!!!

#514 4 years ago

I am 100% with you Wotto. With that price tag we as buyers deserve more. I dont mind shallow code on a game from the 80s that only cost 1k. You can accept that for the price that is paid and when the game was made. But to todays standards it doesnt add up.

Its like creating a flip phone in a 10th generation smart phone era and charging the same price.

Then the arguement of ... this flip phone is great. best phone ever. Then the reality is that yeah might be great if you like flip phones that just make a call, but you can make a call on a smart phone that does 1000 more things for the same price.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Ever play TWD - those drop targets are challenging to hit

yes they are and very rewarding and a major part of the game. one of the reasons why i love twd game. kicks my butt but its a fair fight.

#670 4 years ago

I was truly hoping to be wrong on this title. but 1.0 code dropped today and it was shill. what a total waste. it comes across as they only paid for the license of 1 commercial and that is all there is. Would have been better as a something like "primus" pin. I guess the best you can hope for is either a total revamp of the code or a reuse of the layout.

#673 4 years ago

yes it delivered 80s level of simple code. like bally 8 ball. you can see everything the game has to offer in a couple games. simple code can be good. but it falls extremely short in comparison to any game stern has released in the past 20 years. Short on call outs, code, theme integration, and any sort of mode.

It did succeed in looks, shots and is fun to shoot. but for the price it is extremely short of any recent game.

It has the potential to be amazing. can all be fixed in the coding but nothing was done.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Truly 1.00.0 was a colossal update from the Gods.
Those people who judged it pre 1.00.0 or sold their pin before this motherlode must surely be really kicking themselves, for sure..

LoL motherload of code lol unhuh. nothing new but topper code and easter eggs in the credits. sad so sad.

how about this. u have an 80s version of the code and then u make a modern version of the code that uses more assets and has strategy. implement anything that anyone has posted on how to make it better. then the player can choose what version of code they want to play.

maybe stern can make lemonade out of this lemon.

#719 4 years ago

after watching the making of video its hard to see how they could watch all of 70 episodes and an Easter special and only walk away with a handful of assets. Every stern person was excited. but are they drinking the Kool Aid? are their eyes shut due to the "its fun to shoot" statements. they have been playing pinball for years and no one said that the code and asset usage suck?

I agree with yoko. put in a difficulty selection. beginner with tutorial or anything.

#723 4 years ago

Aurich you are right. dwight has done some good things in the past. but with that a buyer has expectations. he has done a fair to great in the past. why would one assume less than that? But sadly i will say that this was a long distance dialed in attempt. maybe his choice maybe it was sterns. maybe cutting out testing who knows. but we do know the finished product. and its a pretty box of lights.

#733 4 years ago

There also has to be a purpose for being the player. Lets take BKSoR. your purpose is to beat the knight. what is the purpose of munsters? that is the most basic of concepts but munsters doesnt even have that. if i missed it can someone explain it. it has to be something other than points.

#806 4 years ago

I hope Stern isnt looking at this with the Newspaper mentality of who cares we will make another one and people will keep buying it. Its not difficult decision to make the code better. It is the admittance of ... oh yeah umm sorry we totally missed the mark.

#836 4 years ago

i agree that there should be a lot more to the code. munsters code is still shallow compared to MM, MB, AFM, TAF, TOM, and TOTAN. a great game is approachable by all and has enough for players. For the average person to spend 5 bucks on a game and will see everything it has to offer just isnt what the bar is at now. maybe in 1970 but falls short of any game or manufactures standard.

Gottlieb did it with surfin safari. going back to the basics. it didnt work out for them back then either. It would have been better if they didnt use Munsters as a theme at all. Called it anything but munsters. Then invest the resources in making a real munsters game.

all in all if its fun for you sure thats fine. my opinion is that it is a total waste of theme and is a called in effort. Far below every standard in DMD history of pinball.

#856 4 years ago

i like iron man. had one. thought it was great. knew my objectives knew my role and had a blast. i reached do or die and had a blast. then saw that the next level was do it all on 1 ball. I was hoping for more but to do it all one 1 ball kinda left me feel like umm ok but shouldnt there be more? it eventually left because of that. u can do that personally with any game. i still enjoyed it way more than Munsters.

I kinda wished they just called the game Jackpot rather than munsters. You fell 0 integration with the theme.

#866 4 years ago

well i think this brings up a larger point about rating pins and really the top 100 pins on this forum. i never gave any value tp thr top as there are not any ratings on specific items. its just a popularity list.

games should be approachable. i always felt that there should be some level of succes by an newbie but also have enougj depth to keep a better player to come back for more. theme, soundx animation and also the rating of skill level of the player.

when i was a noob i loved data east and BOP was dream game. when i got better my taste changed in what I enjoyed.

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, but as a noob you are probably just playing games, not buying them.
And Pinside rankings have devolved to the point where, as you say, they are little more than an indicator of popularity of relatively new releases over a pretty short period of time. I stopped paying attention to them a long time ago.

lol actually yes. i was a big video game collector and bought my fist pin as a noob. i was never around pins growing up. my first 3 pins were tftc, bk2k and potc.

i have improved a lot since those days.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Make of this what you will .... [quoted image]

well its a response. wish it had more detail

#950 4 years ago

there are 2 things i can hope for at this point

1. total revamp of the game
2. hope that the layout and ramps are reused in another theme

#1037 4 years ago

lol people love those games. but they are not a games that will challenge me to play better. easy shots that they run into the ground

lol

#1071 4 years ago

we all want stern to fix this. its a simple solution. a truthful answer from them is all we want. no marketing political bs answer.

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Curious you guys thoughts on ACNC code....
I played it and was blown away by its code depth. To me, there was no comparison to any of the latests Sterns and even better than JJP stuff.

I havent had a chance to play ACNC. I should get a chance in the next couple of weeks. From my observations it is 100 times better than Munsters code wise.

I will give a better review once i have actually played it.

I did revisit munsters over the weekend. yep my feelings are still the same. Fun to shoot but over it quickly. The place I went to had these pins: DeadPool (pro), Star Wars (pro), Monster Bash, Munsters (pro), BM66 (premium) and Ghostbuster(LE). The clientele was a mix from 6 to 55. Overall a good mix of people. DeadPool and Ghostbusterswere get most plays. Munster bash was next to last and Munsters got very little play.

Ben Heck - I do see your point as it is a theme for older generations. It is not a future proof theme but it is a theme that reaches a target market that is older and has the money and space to own a pinball game. We all would love a timeless theme like Harry Potter or even Pokemon or a Nintendo theme.

1 week later
#1171 4 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

Then what after you cash in super jackpots? It's rinse and repeat every time you play it.

this is what i initially stated about the code. 75% of the game is rinse and repeat. you basically do the same thing for every character in the game except lilly which is an uninspired switch hit mode.

I retried it over a month later and still meh. watched a video of a much better player who scored 800 million on it and it was still meh. call outs get really bad after hearing them so many times.

It should have been a game show theme called jackpot because that is the only thing to do. get jackpots.

meh meh meh oh yeah meh

#1229 4 years ago

i hope elvira is a hit. bm66 turned out awesome. wasnt a big fan of beatles. elvira has the potential to be another great game.

1 month later
#1305 4 years ago

i am only buying after i see what the 1.0 code offers. deadpool is great and i will be on the look out for a bksor.

waiting al to see how jp is after i play it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider busa32927.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=busa32927 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.