Topic Stats

• 1,422 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 11.55.08 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 11.54.36 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 11.54.02 AM (resized).png
486E1FCB-39FB-4381-95B6-B12D5D64FD74 (resized).jpeg
gb (resized).JPG
9A4CECC1-5A76-48D6-A9BE-2030FE62E297.gif
A8397363-64AD-4B32-9DCC-645D9491CADF (resized).jpeg
saint-vic (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 7 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I really don’t get all the crying about this game. I can’t imagine if all of your beloved bally Williams 90s titles came out now. You’d hate them all

maybe i'm alone here but i think most people can see them for what they are. innovative for the time they were made combined with an elton john-sized pair of rose colored nostalgia goggles. of course the code doesn't compare with almost anything from the modern era.

still waiting to form my own opinion on munsters after i get some good time with it. all the 'shallow code' talk is a bit disheartening but if it shoots great there is a place for that kind of game in a lineup imo.

1 month later
#657 6 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

He unfairly gets slammed for GB, when his time is dictated by his boss, Stern. All GB complaining should be directed to Stern, not Dwight.
Love the Munsters and positive Stern can pull a rabbit out of the hat code wise, if they’ll let Dwight do his thing and we all give suggestions of what can make it a great deal better.
Really hoping they will give Dwight the time to do this theme the right way, like they did Lyman on Batman. What a fab game, Batman! Now we just need Munsters to be brought up to that standard.

I thought the rumor was that Lyman does lots of his 'final polishing' for these games in his off-time when he's not at work because he's so passionate about the games and has the unique insight of being a top-tier player (so he can discover things that most coders wouldn't see).

If that is the case then we likely will never see a finished GB codebase nor will Munsters get much attention past the 1.0 update. The current track records just prove it.

4 weeks later
#1040 5 months ago
Quoted from tpir:

This thread should be shut down. It was started in bad faith by someone who doesn't like the type of games that Munsters was modeled after in the first place. Of course they think the code is "bad." The original post is worthless and the original poster has not added anything to the discussion since then.
Also lol @ those games not being challenging.... "OK."

unfortunately plenty of people seem to agree with the OP despite his/her disdain for the type of game or his/her inability to add to the discussion.

seems like letting people discuss things like this is the entire point of an independent fan forum, no?

its not like you need to even open the thread in the first place lol.

#1045 5 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Right.
Each new game should get a forum like this one? Shitty code at start, improvements along the way.

I guess? I mean isn't that kind of the entire point of this place? pinball nerds arguing with other pinball nerds about inconsequential and overpriced toys and the code/mechanisms contained within.

1 week later
#1106 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It may be 1.0, but no really big license title like Munsters will/should/better stop at 1.0. Batman didn’t stop, DP didn’t stop, IDMN didn’t stop, Star Wars didn’t stop and on and on. No top title stops at just 1.0 and considered done. Stern would be nuts to take a top tier license like Munsters and stop at 1.0. So much more potential for Munsters: would be a big shame to stop there period.

all of those other games are/were coded by people that have a track record of taking code past 1.0.

munsters will likely fall into the same state as ghostbusters (which is an even better license that has been completely abandoned code-wise)

#1125 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, it is a blockbuster big license title, loved the world over.

yikes! sometimes i wonder if i’m even living on the same planet as some of you folks.

in 2019 munsters is a c-tier license at best. maybe low b-tier if you are 45+ years of age. NOBODY cares about the freaking munsters in 2019.

blockbuster.... good lord man.

#1128 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Keep in mind, I didn’t call it Block Buster. OP called it that to describe sales. I hope it isn’t blockbuster so Stern will add much needed Munsters show material to the code. However, you’re totally out there if you don’t think, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman etc. which this show has as main characters, will never be irrelevant. All ages enjoy those characters. They are A title, not C title licenses.

my apologies. i possibly got lost in the thread with who was making what point.

i agree... the classic "movie monsters" are beyond a trope and will always be a part of western pop-culture. a-tier for sure.

but the munsters themselves and the 2 season show that ran in the 60's will never be. its c-tier stuff and the fanbase is shrinking every day.

#1133 4 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Thanks, but the show is still gaining fan base around the world, because of syndication, not shrinking.

Eh. I'd wager more fans die each day than come on board via syndication (season 1 on Amazon has less than 300 reviews - traditional syndicated TV is dead) or some rose-colored nostalgia nonsense at a comic-con.

regardless. the game feels like a complete missed opportunity on many fronts and i do hope things improve with additional code.

#1157 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Then why on earth are you even here????????

lol. because i'm intelligent enough to be able to separate a theme from gameplay and have the ability to analyze and comment on a game from several different angles while recognizing the weaknesses of said game.

why are you here?

oh yea. blind shilling. carry on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kingston, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 23.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dallas, TX
$ 7.95
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
Machine - For Sale
Ringwood, NJ
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
7,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside