Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#947 4 years ago

I spoke with a local operator yesterday at a tournament and he said his Munsters Prem just isn't earning on location and he will probably be moving it out soon.

We have had our pro in the house since release and I can understand why Munsters isn't earning well. It isn't a beginners game as in it's not a forgiving shooter the modes aren't really self explanatory, the action button is always flashing for no apparent reason and points are not easy to come by so why would a new player pump quarters into it?

As far as more experienced players go it is a rinse and repeat game you start modes that don't earn points until you collect the jackpots from those modes. So every single game that is what you do, start a mode try to get supers built from the mode save your supers, collect your zaps, build your multiplier and collect. You have three shots on the game that really don't do anything in the grand scheme of things "both the Lilly and Dragula standup bars and the dragula shot itself other than your jackpot collect" and to a point I guess you could say the Eddie loops are the same.

#958 4 years ago

It's really not even fine for location play as it seems to be a pretty poor earner on location.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Just sent this letter to Stern and I hope many more of you will also:

For location play, it’s fine, but for a home environment I know of a dozen or more people personally that won’t buy the table even though you’ve designed it so well to be a classic player. I’m concerned about that too. To have staying power in the home, we need plenty Munsters based series theme integrated video modes and not just be a “jackpot” coded focus, which is now.

Cheers!

#961 4 years ago

I think the issue is that in general Stern has a poor track record of releasing machines with complete code so people have been conditioned to buy a non complete machine and expect it to be finished up as time goes on. The only problem is that some of the guys doing code will go back and finish the game and others don't.

What will eventually happen is that sales will be affected and there will be a trend of poor sales of pins that are coded by guys with poor track records of delivering complete and enjoyable code.

It's not really like the guys who are buying the LE's have the option to see a completed game before they have to put their money down on them. So there has to be a certain amount of trust there on the part of the consumer that Stern is going to deliver a fun to play machine eventually.

Quoted from Durzel:

Not trolling but surely you bought Munsters based on what it was, not what it could be?
You were never promised deep code. Why did you buy it if you wanted or expected deep code? There were plenty of opportunities to see what it was like to play either on online reviews, or on location somewhere. You don't have to jump in with both feet and then ask what should've been pre-purchase questions later...
Do you habitually blindly throw money at something at the idea of what it could be, rather than the reality of what it currently is?
Also Stern have got zero incentive to spend money on code development

when they already have your money, and that will never change so long as people buy every new pin they churn out sight unseen simply because it's the new hotness.
Cold, hard truths I'm afraid, but truths nonetheless.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#987 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not whining or bitching at all. I couldn't be happier with this game. I have some pretty sweet games in my collection and i love this game and literally cant stop playing it.

Lies! you're on here too much talking about how much you enjoy playing it to actually have time to play it :O)

1 week later
#1081 4 years ago

It really depends on the location and the type of players who frequent the location.

1 week later
#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably much better but he didn't and we got a Dwight code. The game is still coded pretty well and is a lot of fun though. If you disagree with that go seek one out and try to blow up a big score on one. See how much that you can cash in on the Super jackpots.

Then what after you cash in super jackpots? It's rinse and repeat every time you play it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=Ven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.