Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also - I really think in general players DO NOT LIKE rules that include "hit this shot, then choose to NOT get the reward". I really hate GOT & SW due to the "start this mode, that mode, or pass" rules....WTF would I want to pass? The game doesn't explain it, and it's intrinsically not satisfying.

I could not possibly agree more with this statement. I feel exactly the same. SW rules seem to get a lot of love around here, but I don't care for them at all for the very reasons you state, and felt exactly the same way with GOT.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

TL;DR this thread.
Can I ask for a quick thread summary? Is there an actual code problem that is affecting customers, or is someone just making a subjective "I don't like this" topic (and not giving concrete examples to back it up), and we are at 7 pages ?
-mof

It's pretty much a typical Pinside bash thread based on the opinion of someone who doesn't like any of the classic B/W pins of the 90's and also thinks the code on IMDN sucks for good measure.

1 week later
#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Its crazy that somehow Dwight has become the new Lonnie. He can’t be happy about that but i bet Lonnie sure is. Lonnie hasn't had anything bad said about him in a couple of years now i think. That poor guy used to get one hell of a bashing on Pinside i tell ya. Aerosmith saved Lonnies butt!

Lonnie still gets criticized a lot, but I thought AS code was fine (I owned it) and Mustang (also owned) was pretty good too. Not as "creative" as someone like Lyman, but that goes without saying.

#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Stick with Lyman and you will be guaranteed a great and completed code.

Eventually.

1 week later
#736 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I do think it’s unfortunate that Dwight is being painted as lazy. My interactions with him have been minimal, Stern cut me off a long time ago, but I was briefly beta testing Star Trek code before that. I got nothing but the impression that he cared.

Agreed. It isn't that Dwight is lazy, all you have to do is look at other pins that he has done code on. Not only Star Trek, but GoT and probably his best to date: Star Wars. If anyone is familiar with the code/rules on Star Wars they would know that Dwight is not only not lazy, but is very capable of doing great code.

I agree with your other comments about the dichotomy of home use vs location play as well. Who knows whose idea it was to go with a more simple ruleset on Munsters for sure, but it sounds like it was something that was mutually agreed on at Stern. It seems like it can be a fun ruleset with the risk/reward aspect, although some might argue that it's a one trick pony.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Calling Major Bullsh*t on this point. No way he beat this game the first 4 out of 5 times he played it. Did you see Keith Elwin Struggle with it on the release stream? And he works there! Aside from being one of the absolute best pinball players in the world. No need to lie, just say you don't like it.

I don’t know who this guy is but let’s just say that this isn’t the first time he has posted something that could be considered BS

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of course it doesn’t have the worst code ever. That is hyperbole from the OP. But you say the code is “very good” and would agree that it is “too shallow”. That makes no sense. Besides you who believes code that is too shallow is very good (or even a good thing)?

Shallow code can most definitely be a good thing as long as it keeps you coming back for more and matches the gameplay of the pin.

I've owned Iron Man for 6 years. Hint: it isn't "deep code" that keeps me from selling it.

Edit: should have kept reading. Rotordave beat me to it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.