Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayLar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

and then DWIGHT SULLIVAN SAYS " this game is pretty much done".
That moment right there had me thinking "really, no more".....and I beleive that statement killed a load of potential future game sales.

So true. I for one am holding back until better code is presented.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Plus it disappears when you actually get the Dragster shot and need to decide whether to cancel or not.

Yes, the onscreen interface is terrible on the Munsters. I like almost everything else. Better UI and upgraded code would make this game an all time classic.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Gotta say..... I seen and played a Prem and its one great looking machine.

Everyone agree on the looks. It's the code a lot of people would like to see improved.

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

1) Which pins have completed kick ass code?

IMDN has gotten a lot of praise, same with JJP POTC, WOZ and Hobbit. Batman 66 (after Stern fixed the code) is another great one according to many.

1 week later
#626 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Today, in Oz......I finally got to see and play Premium.
And .....I am still torn.
Possibly the best looking pin I've ever seen, it truly looks FANTASTIC to me. The great light show adds the colour as I knew it would.
Love the theme from day one.
Shoots so fast and smooth, I realise none of what I'm saying is news to many here.
Side targets are not ideal but also not as bad as I envisaged them to be.
Lower PF was better than I expected, flippers on soft.
Question remains do I proceed and risk future code updates , it would be nice to have a super fast "non experienced player" friendly game in the house and I love the theme, so this IS calling for me to buy........
My " non pinball" friend from work LOVED IT.
What to do.......

There are a lot of us thinking the exact same thing.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from deluge:

But since we are talking code, anything doing with the lcd? It drives me nuts how good the 'tube' scores look but how cheesy the woodgrain, TV match feature, etc. look.

Yea the GUI looks like something out of a high schoolers sketch pad. They really ought to fix that.

#704 4 years ago

I know the half handful of believers will call this hate, but I am so frustrated with how Stern is missing the opportunity to make Munsters into an all time classic. They nailed the theme, artwork and layout. Almost everybody agree on how great those elements are, and then they completely drop the ball on the code. Such a shame on what could have been done.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I usually don’t post much in the pinside threads for newer games. And my collection trends towards 80s and 90s Williams titles. I just spent a couple hours on a Munsters Premium on location at a barcade here in Denver and I think the game is fantastic. I really feel like the game was made for location play. Really satisfying shots. Clear but challenging rule set. Dependence on shot making and flipper skills. Risk/reward. Game really is a throwback to 90s Bally/Williams games. I had a few beers and had a ball playing this game.
Admittedly the prices are high for the home collector. And I think the Pro is not the game Borg designed. You really need to play the Premium/LE.
But I am baffled by the haters on this title. I think people are over thinking pinball. And their expectations on what pinball should be. This was just so much fun. Just my thoughts.

It IS a great location game. It COULD have been a great single collection game too.

Due to the code status, Sterns money is staying in my pocket just like Wottos.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I may not be too far behind you.....

I caved and got a used pro as I love the theme, artwork and layout. Almost ordered a NIB Premium, but the code status made me wait. If code is improved, I may upgrade to a NIB Premium/LE.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

PW79 just got Who-deyed

#825 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Can anybody put numbers on how many reluctant buyers are standing by?

That's a pretty hard thing to do. However I've heard from several people that the code is holding them back. Same for me, went for a used pro instead of a NIB Premium/LE.

1 week later
#932 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

100% agree with all these. Whatever anyone thinks about the overall code style, these things are inexcusable (even for who-dey I’d imagine).

The GUI is definitely lacking. I really hope they will take another look at that. As it is now it looks like something out of a high schoolers sketchbook.

2 weeks later
#1091 4 years ago

Munsters may be an old theme but I think that it works great with the horror/humor concept. The black and white clips are really cool and funny and if the code evolves this pin can be an all time classic IMHO.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It would be a shame if Stern didn’t give it some mode based needed Munsters story line, in the vain of Munsters midnight madness. The game is good now, but could be so much more and one of Sterns number one sellers of all time, if they spent just a little more time and improved the code with Munsters show material. Wouldn’t be hard to do.

Couldn´t agree more. It IS a good game, I really like my Pro. But it could be an all time classic without too much work. Please Stern - make it happen!

2 months later
#1331 4 years ago

It's a really good game but could be epic with more code.

#1349 4 years ago

I was on the fence for a NIB LE (and later a color Premium) but as code improvement was so uncertain I safed out and got a used Pro at a good price. Like the game a lot but as of now I will not upgrade. Lost money for Stern.

#1358 4 years ago

Still seeing new cool clips in the match sequence (tonight "naughty naughty naughty"). So much that could be used for fun modes in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JayLar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=JayLar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.