Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said before, Lyman only for me now if I buy another Stern

Ice you keep saying this, at some point your going to actually have to do this brother

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I love how such an "apparent" woeful game is so captivating that it has 3 threads running, two of which are massive and continues to get daily comments across its threads ......and that, months after release.

To be fair most of those posts are who-dey

1 week later
#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It turned into a stellar game. Confident Munsters will too, because Stern wants to sell many more. Just as they’ve done with DP also. Low sales volume speaks louder than people give credit to improve code. Big motivator for Stern.

Unfortunately the difference between BM66 & Munsters is less to do with Stern and more to do with who’s coding each game.

Comparing Dwight to Lyman is like comparing apples and oranges. And DP has turned into ana amazing game thanks to Tanio wanting to knock his first code lead out the park which he’s done with a grand slam hit on DP.

Munsters doesn’t need the depth BM66 has but it sure as shit deserves the attention to detail and theme integration that BM66 has, the theme and the Munsters characters seemed perfect for an episodic format like BM66 that are tightly woven into the theme and relating episodes, Lily for example is completely throw away. I’d love to see Munsters get some theme and code love, but I’m far less confident it will actually happen.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Exactly. BM66 had nothing coded in it when it was released, but I'm quite certain Lyman already had a vision for what he wanted to do with this game from the very start, and just took him a that long to fully implement it. Same goes with Dwight on Munsters.. he knew what he wanted to do with it and did it, which is another reason I would be shocked if there was any major changes to it in the future.

Definitely agree with you that munsters wont be changing but from what I recall regarding BM66 I believe Lyman took a while to get the code rolling as he took a step back to completely re-think his approach to the code.

I could be wrong but I’m sure from memory he said on a podcast he wasn’t sure how to approach the game and hit a brick wall. Anyway back to Munsters and fingers crossed Dwight decides to give this game the time and love it needs to truly make the theme shine!

#989 4 years ago

Will be emailing later today myself, Munsters would have been an instant buy from me but the whole LE being colour slowed me down initially, since the colour premium came out I’ve been looking for an excuse to rush out and grab one but the code is the reason I’m on hold.

In my head I had this game pegged to have the kinda theme integration (not necessarily as deep gameplay wise) as BM66 but it’s fallen short of that by some way and the fact Lily is a throw away mode being my fav character is a big no no! Hopefully Stern sort the code and TimeBandit can make those uni targets drops or summit and this game would be pure awesomeness specially sat next to my BM66.

1 month later
#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Fingers crossed that Stern will deliver a much needed code update for Munsters, It has everything else going for it tbh.
some pinball distributions still have LE machines nib that they need to sell, only way is a code update from Stern to help that.

If Dwight/Stern sort out the code and get some much needed cohesion and theme integration into the game I’ll finally order a coloured premium, been sitting on this fence for too long Stern! Any longer and I’m going to become impaled!

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I made myself the gatekeeper because i can.

The Gatekeeper you say? I knew I’d seen you before man!

And if anyone talks shit about Munsters Who-Dey eyes glow red! You have been warned!
9A4CECC1-5A76-48D6-A9BE-2030FE62E297.gif9A4CECC1-5A76-48D6-A9BE-2030FE62E297.gif

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why cant you get rid of it? Sell it and cut your losses and move on. If you're waiting on the code to get a big update you are wasting your time because the code is pretty much finished. I guess its possible that you might see a few changes but nothing drastic im sure because the code is exactly like they planned it to be. They wanted the code to be simple like an older game and they achieved that very well.
If you dont like the game sell it.

At this point I don’t know man, there’s a lot of stock still sitting with distributors and LEs still readily available with a lot of potential buyers like me sitting on the fence to see how Munsters is going to end up.

The GOT updates also show huge promise for what Dwight might do when he revisits Munsters, I just hope it gets some major theme integration that the theme deserves.

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dont buy into all of the BS J85, this game is very good. How much time have you really spent playing this game? Do you truly understand how to play the game or did you just get to Munster Madness easily and think that you beat the game like most people do? With that being said though, none of what you said has anything to do with him selling his game. I guarantee you that if i wanted to sell my game that i could sell it. Some people would rather buy a used one at a cheaper price than to buy a new one. Munsters is one of the funnest games in my collection period.

I don’t buy into anything on Pinside who, it’s like the car forums I am on, I am interested in others opinions and their thoughts and feedback but ultimately it’s my opinion and mine alone (well and my kids haha) that dictate what I buy.

I have a pro that’s local to me and have spent quite abit of time on it up until now love the layout with the exception of those mono targets they are just a lacklustre and honesty I rarely know I’ve even hit them as I often don’t even aim for them as I get them naturally as I play, LOVE the ramp shots Borg knows how to make super fast and smooth ramps that are fun too shoot.

And yeah I get the rules and quite enjoy them I just feel they need a little more substance and the theme needs way way more polish and integration, at £9000 here in the U.K. for a premium Munsters in its current state is a little hard to swallow compared to say BM66 at the same price that’s a lot deeper and has the best theme integration in a pin, this isn’t a bash on Munsters simply at current prices especially here in the U.K. I was hoping it would rival BM66 when it came to its use of the theme. If every mode was as well integrated as Midnight Madness this pin would be sat next to my BM66LE without hesitation.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think they are going to leave it as-is. It's functional. Sucks, but functional. They have new games to sell!

There’s a lot of stock out there, so I am hopeful Stern/Dwight come back to Munsters and give it the same treatment Dwights just shown to GOT and according to Dwight himself is going to be showing to GB.

1 month later
#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I just cancelled my Elvira LE order. I’m done with this crap with Stern. 15 new in the box LEs or premiums is enough. Just going to enjoy the games I have for a while.

I think you have made the right choice and dodged a bullet on that one, JPLE owners are now reporting issues with there playfield art and clear. I want a Munsters colour premium badly but with the code not getting any love yet and it being a gamble if my playfield art will actually stay down on the playfield I’m out of NIB Sterns. Got a topper ordered though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J85M.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=J85M and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.