Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 5 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I don't get why when someone doesn't like a game it has to be the worst ever, and then start a campaign to get people to agree. If you don't like it - fine, but worst? really? makes no sense at all.

Welcome to Pinside..........

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

what does he like anyway?

complaining?

#229 5 years ago

My family and I love this game, to a person who wants a saga rules set sure it can use more. For the person who wants to shoot and have a blast this is great and also has a decent rule set, great flow and shots especially when you hit kitty that’s awesome feeling. Would love to hear grandpa more and some more substance to Eddie and Maryilin shots but it’s still great as it is. They are all having a blast and that’s all that matters, it’s a great game that will still be polished over time.

1 week later
#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

One minor code issue to fix that I don't think has been covered yet in this thread: draining on a short plunge, without triggering any switch, doesn't give you your ball back!

Is that even possible, there is a roll over switch 1/3 the way up the shooter lane before the ball can even exit the lane. I personally have not experienced this issue at all. (Well as of yet anyway )

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

With the exception of the truly outstanding art packages, everything else about the game is "meh".

I find this odd considering the layout is almost the same as MET. Outside of code which might be addressed, the flow and shots in this game is great with a well intergrated lower playfield. This is one game where I personally would not get a pro, the lower pf does add a lot to this game.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I can't understand WHY oh WHY so many are for sale...

Code impatience, new titles releases, seller flippers etc...

However the game is a blast to play IMHO, a little more substance would be awesome. I can wait while enjoying it

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I agree I am sure that a lot of people love the game, but having been in the "collector" side of this hobby for almost 20 years, I CAN say that I don't recall seeing this many people dump a game this quickly, for this large of a loss.
Games have been good sellers, games have been poor sellers, but if you can think of a hot potato like Munsters please enlighten me.

I think it's the millennial's that are in the hobby now with their impatience lol.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

cashing in the big Super Jackpots isn't easy

It's like every time the ball goes in there you have 2 secs to decide "Deal or No Deal"

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Had everything lined up last night but lost it

Playing that "Deal or No Deal" with Super Jackpots can either payoff big or send you home a loser. Love the risks, Dwight does have to make the Super Jackpot counter larger on the screen in the new update.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Put the lower playfield flippers on soft if you havent done so yet Cotton. Its much better that way.

I'd put all four flippers on soft, all shots are still made quite easily.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Excuse my ignorance as I’m not familiar with the stern setting adjustments, but does the soft setting actually reduce power to the coils or just make the bats “spongy” feeling so it doesn’t hit as forceful?

It does soften the hits so the ball does fly around as hard, but even on soft the ball still makes all ramps easily. The lower playfield flippers especially, if they are not set to soft you will most likely have a miserable time playing the ball down there with hardly any control.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Didnt Paul Lynde die 40 years ago? Are those really his actual voice clips in the game that were ripped from somewhere else? Definitely sounds like him.
EDIT nevermind, I looked it up and its a voice actor that sounds like Lynde.

All the pinball related call outs are the voice actor, but I swear some of his call outs are directly from the show, ie “ You’re not looking to well Mr Munster” and I think “ Your clock has a Raven in it” is actually Paul.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Had some pinheads over tonight and Munsters and IMDN were the two most played pins in my collection. People loved Munsters and had a lot of fun playing it.

“Closet likers” they are the worst.

#597 4 years ago

I’d say Munsters is more in line with BSD then anything else from that era.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For all those that have great Munsters code suggestions please email
Dwight Sullivan [email protected]

CC Gary Stern too, let your voices be heard by many and at the top as well.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

You need to start a new
thread that is titled Munsters Code Suggestions for Dwight.

I couldn't agree more and like this enough. Excellent idea, then email Dwight the link to it.

#659 4 years ago

And as we all sit and ponder over the Munster's code, Stern just
announced a fourth model "Colored Premium". You can't make this
shit up, Gary's first order of business especially if he wants
sales to increase with four models now was to kick Dwight in ass
and have him address the code first or he'll have a nice warehouse
full of pretty colored machines.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I caved and got a used pro as I love the theme, artwork and layout. Almost ordered a NIB Premium, but the code status made me wait. If code is improved, I may upgrade to a NIB Premium/LE.

You really need to play a Prem or LE, you are missing a lot by giving up the lower PF IMHO. So basically I'm saying is just don't judge everything strictly by the Pro.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

With the color Premium coming out, can't we assume a better code is coming?

LOL, to be honest I wouldn't assume but I do hope there is some more features to be added down the road.

1 week later
#906 4 years ago

Loving my BW Prem, can it use more?? Sure who don't want more but it's a blast to play as of right now and all who come over enjoy it as well.

#909 4 years ago

Post from what date, referring to which machine?

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every game isnt for everybody. I am in the same boat with BM66 as you are with Munsters. I want to love it so bad because its a dream theme for me but i just dont. If you aren’t feeling it you just aren’t feeling it.

I'm shocked about this one with you Who-Dey, I just picked a BM66 last weekend and with the new 1.03 code this game is freaking awesome and integrated with the TV show the way the Munster's should have been. If you hadn't tried BM66 with the latest code, give it a shot again. It's by far one of the better pins I have played plus it has Lyman behind it , win win situation.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good news!
Thanks as I suppose your wishing luck paid off, as I received a reply this week. Yes actually got a reply and can only say I’m more positive about things.
Please more letters from everyone to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
They are listening, but they need to know that many are sitting on the fence till software improves and want the improvements. We must be vigilant!
Reply indicating leaning towards more, but the demand for upgraded software has to be there on a title that is already selling very well without it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease for sure. Please do your part and email all the people above. Send my same letter if you wish. Won’t take much time to do so and will pay off is what I’ve been told.

I have not gotten any replies, do you mind sharing the verbiage they said in your letter. I 'd like to read in to what their intentions might be whether it's code enhancements or gentle stroke job

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Hey...ain't nothin wrong with a gentle stroke job

True but at this price I'd like dinner and roses too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

12,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.