Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

still a dream theme for me, great art and layout
if they can improve the code I would be a buyer

I don't mind a simpler game, IMDN is so deep and has so many rules I will never finish it and still trying to conquer TWD
So, more approachable is fine, but there does need to be something more to it for the home buyer

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I played 2 games on it at Ohio show also and walked away scratching my head, I really wanted to like it, wanted it to be my first NIB pin. I have to give it to them, the premium in my opinion is beautiful.

I sort of did the same thing, then went over and played IMDN and ended up with one in my basement
But I have not given up yet, if code improves it will be owned

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most people that walk up and play a few games on it dont know the rules or what they are trying to achieve and they may get to Munster Madness and think theres not enough to the code. Once you learn what you are doing though and start stacking the jackpots and trying to get your multipliers up to cash in for big points, the game really becomes fun and addictive as hell.
The code is not deep and its never going to be but thats ok with me because i like simple sometimes like MB, MM, and AFM etc. MB is a very simple game but i want one anyways and if i had the room i would also want MM and AFM and many other old classics that don't even have the code depth that Munsters has.

For me a game has to just be fun to shoot without knowing any of the rules at first - after about 5 games on Munsters I just didn't get that - not sure exactly why, it was fun but I did not get the have to own feeling

IMDN had me pumping quarters in it without know any of the rules.
Like I said, hope to revisit munsters and make a purchase

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, I don’t care how many they made TAF sucks!

agree with your previous post, but loved me some TAF back in 90's

2 weeks later
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If true then it means what I’ve said before is happening - code status is negatively impacting game sales to the point Stern feels the need to act. But this needs to be announced/committed in a Stern of the Union or something public/official otherwise this could be seen as a distributor (or two) doing damage control to move stock or placate existing customers. There are plenty of people willing to buy and give Stern the benefit of the doubt on code (see the statements and history of Batman 66) so there is certainly precedent.
I hope it’s true - Munsters should be a “shut up and take my money” game but there must be a significant portion of potential buyers sitting on the sidelines because they are wary of the code. (I can’t help but wonder what Ghostbusters owners will think if a Munsters rework happens before their long-promised update though).
I’m not buying based on a distributor repeating what may just be a rumor or wishful thinking. But show me the code and I’m ordering. And maybe some of those who sold their games super fast may buy another Munsters NIB too.

Yup - want this same so badly but not feeling the urge with so many awesome games on the horizon.
Playing the wait game until end of summer to see what they do with it and what other machines are announced.
Would love to have this in my basement - theme is a top 5 for me.

1 week later
#476 4 years ago

Finally got to,play a premium today. I liked the bw art much better than I though I would and liked the lower playfield much less than I thought I would.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you have any ideas about the rules for the lower pf?

Nope, but it just was not satisfying to flip it. If I ever get a Munsters, it will be a pro. Nothing about the lower pf made me want to learn the rules or play it again. Honestly like the lower pf on acdc better, which really surprised me.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Alright. I can understand that.
I think there is room enough there to make Lily into 4 drop targets or 4 stand ups. However, IMO, trying to target a hit to the "Y" would be an almost impossible task that would have to happen at the absolute tip of the left hand flipper. A skill shot for the Pros---which would more than likely turn off the average players, which it seems the average players is what and where Stern is trying to target.
On the left hand side with Dragula, there is not enough room for 7 drop targets or 7 of anything. To get 7 targets in there, they would have to be smaller than a gum chicklet; And then you would be hitting 2 or 3 targets at the same time, which would defeat the intended purpose.
But I get where you are coming from.

Ever play TWD - those drop targets are challenging to hit

1 week later
#803 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spot on. Theme integration ala BM66 is a no brainer for this game
Several good clips on the match sequence, it’s like they just dropped in some of what’s leftover and called it a day
I’m hopeful for much more integration of video regardless of code

I would be a buyer if they do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.