Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif

There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.
#1351 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Things are getting better every day now... Using the Pinball Browser program, I have spent many hours going thru the sound clips already included in the 1.0 code. There are TONS of them and many are applicable (no surprise) to various places in the game. I have replaced a lot of voice actor call-outs that I don't like or that seem out of place (namely the Paul Lynde ones) with the authentic character sound clips included. Now Grandpa says things when the mini playfield is active, and Herman says a lot of stuff along with Lily and Eddie. I'm finally starting to enjoy this game! Since there IS so much content that isn't currently being used anywhere, I'm hopeful my efforts will simply satisfy me until the job is done professionally at Stern (why else would they be in there?). It REALLY makes a difference hearing the original characters say things while you play, and it's making it so much more fun. Thanks to Oliver for creating the Pinball Browser!

Will you share like cleland has done for other games?

#1352 4 years ago

its so funny some people complain about code yet they will spend 6 grand for a stern quicksilver that the main goal is, light spinner, shoot spinner. rinse and repeat.

#1353 4 years ago

The fact that there are a ton of unused clips in the game, that are just sitting in memory proves that a major code update is needed. I just cancelled my Elvira LE order. I’m done with this crap with Stern. 15 new in the box LEs or premiums is enough. Just going to enjoy the games I have for a while. And if there is no word on Munsters code soon, I’m going to sell it. I played it today and it’s so boring.

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The fact that there are a ton of unused clips in the game, that are just sitting in memory proves that a major code update is needed. I just cancelled my Elvira LE order. I’m done with this crap with Stern. 15 new in the box LEs or premiums is enough. Just going to enjoy the games I have for a while. And if there is no word on Munsters code soon, I’m going to sell it. I played it today and it’s so boring.

Whats the strategy that you are using when you play it? What are you trying to achieve when you play a game?

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Will you share like cleland has done for other games?

It'll be a while, but sure. Still a lot of work to do.

#1356 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The fact that there are a ton of real clips says to me that the "intention" to use them is there (why include them otherwise?). Obviously the question is when... for Stern. The time is NOW for me Using other programs like Audacity and mixing sound clips from the DVD TV series with some of the machine sounds will really help too. It's amazing how much the audio content of a game influences the overall enjoyment of it. The unfortunate thing about it all is that even after spending what I did on this game, there's still "some assembly required" (in my opinion) when it should have come complete from the factory. There's a great voice clip in the code at 0X580 that made me laugh.... It's Herman saying "It's time for some Stern discipline" and I couldn't agree more. lol

I will say that the experience of customizing my sounds has been sorta fun, despite the time involved, and when I finish a bunch of changes it's instant gratification once I load them into the game. Before I started this project I wasn't playing it at all, and if I did play I often found that I couldn't get thru a game without turning it off (a bit extreme, but that's how much the stock call-outs bother me). It was like playing a generic machine with Paul Lynde as the announcer.

I'm glad Lyman is doing the code for Elvira. That combined with design and art from Dennis and Greg makes it a "Dream Team" for a Dream Theme, so I'm in on that one.

#1357 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

The fact that there are a ton of real clips says to me that the "intention" to use them is there (why include them otherwise?). Obviously the question is when... for Stern. The time is NOW for me Using other programs like Audacity and mixing sound clips from the DVD TV series with some of the machine sounds will really help too. It's amazing how much the audio content of a game influences the overall enjoyment of it. The unfortunate thing about it all is that even after spending what I did on this game, there's still "some assembly required" (in my opinion) when it should have come complete from the factory. There's a great voice clip in the code at 0X580 that made me laugh.... It's Herman saying "It's time for some Stern discipline" and I couldn't agree more. lol
I will say, that the experience of customizing my sounds has been sorta fun, despite the time involved, and when I finish a bunch of changes it's instant gratification once I load them into the game. Before I started this project I wasn't playing it at all, and if I did play I often found that I couldn't get thru a game without turning it off (a bit extreme, but that's how much the stock call-outs bother me). It was like playing a generic machine with Paul Lynde as the announcer.
I'm glad Lyman is doing the code for Elvira. That combined with design and art from Dennis and Greg makes it a "Dream Team" for a Dream Theme, so I'm in on that one.

Lyman does certainly go above and beyond with his games, even if it takes a while sometimes. There’s a lot going on at Stern, he’s obviously super busy.

#1358 4 years ago

Still seeing new cool clips in the match sequence (tonight "naughty naughty naughty"). So much that could be used for fun modes in the game.

#1359 4 years ago

New code is out 1.01 literally nothing has changed. Don’t get your hopes up.

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

New code is out 1.01 no one saw that coming.

Looks like topper improvements.

New:
- Added a Topper test in the diagnostics.
- The plus (+) button will move the hand to the next hour first going
around a couple times and then stop.
- The ENTER button will make the raven come out for a couple seconds and
say the current hour.

Tweaked:
- Improved the Topper clock. The hand will spin around a couple times before
coming to a stop on the desired hour.

#1361 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I just cancelled my Elvira LE order. I’m done with this crap with Stern. 15 new in the box LEs or premiums is enough. Just going to enjoy the games I have for a while.

I think you have made the right choice and dodged a bullet on that one, JPLE owners are now reporting issues with there playfield art and clear. I want a Munsters colour premium badly but with the code not getting any love yet and it being a gamble if my playfield art will actually stay down on the playfield I’m out of NIB Sterns. Got a topper ordered though

#1362 4 years ago

It’s a shame. Neat looking game with a fantastic theme imo

1 week later
#1363 4 years ago

Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code Code

#1364 4 years ago

No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code No Code

#1365 4 years ago

Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code Yes code

#1366 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

..Decided to wait because my wife was unimpressed with early code and she reminded me I had said buy the game for how it is, not what it might become. So I waited. Still waiting...

We all know the measure of a game is how much it impresses your wife. Lets all be realistic here. This game is for high traffic, casual players. The ruleset is simple, yes. Not every game is supposed to hold your attention for hours with a hundred different strategies. This is a simple game for simple players. I have mine set hard and I've only gotten 6 or 7 completed modes. I find the game ENTIRELY entertaining and not boring at all. Simple rules don't make a bad game. In fact, they attract newbs. A lot of you guys have child-like expectations and dreams. It's no wonder you are so disappointed.

For everyone who hates the code so muck, what are your average game times in the audits. Maybe you set up your games too easy. Do you put rubber bands over the outlanes?

#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

..15 new in the box LEs or premiums is enough. Just going to enjoy the games I have for a while. And if there is no word on Munsters code soon, I’m going to sell it. I played it today and it’s so boring.

Wow.. all that great play experience. How many modes and what was your 'boring' game time?

Perhaps you are missing some part of pinball in general such that your tastes require such a large plethora of opportunities to draw your attention.

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I find the game ENTIRELY entertaining and not boring at all. Simple rules don't make a bad game. In fact, they attract newbs.

Well, if there wasn't real-world evidence from routes where Munsters did very poorly with casuals and was pulled pretty quickly, that statement might be debatable. It lasted less than a month at the location I help with. It was the BOTTOM EARNER for that month. That's unheard of for a brand new pin. Other locations have similar stories and no longer have it out. It's bad. Real bad.

#1369 4 years ago

I really like the game. And....big code update incoming....

#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I really like the game. And....big code update incoming....

Hopefully a complete overhaul. "The Kitty Show" is not fun.

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, if there wasn't real-world evidence from routes where Munsters did very poorly with casuals and was pulled pretty quickly, that statement might be debatable. It lasted less than a month at the location I help with. It was the BOTTOM EARNER for that month. That's unheard of for a brand new pin. Other locations have similar stories and no longer have it out. It's bad. Real bad.

Wouldn’t that be more due to the theme having zero resonance with the route players? Usually on route, theme is the pull...casuals don’t know the difference between good and bad games.

#1372 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn’t that be more due to the theme having zero resonance with the route players? Usually on route, theme is the pull...casuals don’t know the difference between good and bad games.

Casuals where we are at least will give every new pin put out a try. The theme doesn't matter that much for the regulars, but if it's not fun, they will not keep putting money in. They stopped putting money in Munsters in a record short time. It was a shockingly short route honeymoon. jjPotC currently has the record for longest route honeymoon at almost 10 months and counting (still earning 2x the next nearest pin), while Munsters has the shortest (I didn't clock it to days, but it was less than 1 week before the mediocre earnings fell off a cliff).

#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, if there wasn't real-world evidence from routes where Munsters did very poorly with casuals and was pulled pretty quickly, that statement might be debatable.

....and for your story of pulling Munsters before really giving it a chance, that you love to repeatedly slam the game as bad with. I have an LE in a arcade bar, and while not being top dawg, Munsters can hold its own. Installing topper tomorrow that will probly pick it up some, and looking forward to moving it to my other locations when it does drop at its current spot.
Can’t speak for the pro, but it is a fine game with the lower PF. I just wish the window wouldn’t get coil dust from underneath so quickly, I need to remove the LPF (easily done) and clean it more often than waxing.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Casuals where we are at least will give every new pin put out a try. The theme doesn't matter that much for the regulars, but if it's not fun, they will not keep putting money in. They stopped putting money in Munsters in a record short time. It was a shockingly short route honeymoon. jjPotC currently has the record for longest route honeymoon at almost 10 months and counting (still earning 2x the next nearest pin), while Munsters has the shortest (I didn't clock it to days, but it was less than 1 week before the mediocre earnings fell off a cliff).

Guessing that was the Pro? Completely different game than the PreLe and you probably made a mistake if you routed the Pro instead of the PreLe.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing that was the Pro? Completely different game than the PreLe and you probably made a mistake if you routed the Pro instead of the PreLe.

If it's NIB at launch, we generally route Stern Pros to get them out immediately, then upgrade it to the Prem/LE when they start shipping a month or more later. Same plan here, except that the Munsters Pro did SO BAD it went and the upgrade to Prem was cancelled. This isn't a Pro/Prem issue, it's a bad code issue. We suffered through the Batman'66 SLE launch, and Munsters is almost exactly point for point as sparse as that initial Batman'66 code.

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

....and for your story of pulling Munsters before really giving it a chance, that you love to repeatedly slam the game as bad with.

It's literally the ONLY GAME we have ever put out where earnings fell off starting the FIRST WEEK and never recovered. It's not like we intended to get rid of it. We had planned to put out a Prem once they were shipping, but the Pro did SO BAD SO FAST that those plans were cancelled. The only time it's ever happened on this route.

Glad your Munsters LE is doing well, but it's an exception, not the rule for Munsters from every other OP I've talked to, and my firsthand route experience with it.

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's literally the ONLY GAME we have ever put out where earnings fell off starting the FIRST WEEK and never recovered. It's not like we intended to get rid of it. We had planned to put out a Prem once they were shipping, but the Pro did SO BAD SO FAST that those plans were cancelled. The only time it's ever happened on this route.
Glad your Munsters LE is doing well, but it's an exception, not the rule for Munsters from every other OP I've talked to, and my firsthand route experience with it.

I here what you are saying BUT don’t generalize please that every other OP crap. You don’t know every OP and there business in the US.

Common, I expect more from you Vireland.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Can’t speak for the pro, but it is a fine game with the lower PF. I just wish the window wouldn’t get coil dust from underneath so quickly, I need to remove the LPF (easily done) and clean it more often than waxing.

Yeah that window gets cloudy within a week of cleaning it, gets a lot more use then the AC/DC lower field. It's not doing awesome, but I never anticipated it would. It's mid-tier..... minus a little . Which is about where I pegged it before purchasing.
Pretty sure it would of bombed if it didn't have the lower playfield.

#1379 4 years ago

My Munsters pro is doing very well on location at the brewery. I only have 3 pins- 1 GB pro, 2 Star Wars premium , 3 Munsters pro. Munsters makes 90% of what GB earns, so no extreme drop off. If new code come out, that’s fine with me.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Sad to hear because I wanted this one eventually. On the bright side maybe I'll be able to pick up a Pro for $4500 or less when I'm ready. I'm so happy theme alone is enough for me sometimes.

dude it wouldnt last 2 weeks in your house. i hope you pay me back someday for this bit of advice. friends dont let friends buy lousy pins.

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

so, your firsthand experience with an LE/Prem you've never operated?
Maybe just lighten your obvious dislike for this game to bash the PRO?
Glad to see some other ops with the same experience as me, I think the issue might be more of a "pro not earning well' as opposed to " Munsters sucks, and it's the code's fault"
Not saying this game or it's current code is the best ever, but you sure seem to have a desire to bash it and try to drag it down any chance you get.

#1382 4 years ago

Bought and sold an LE ? Has this game gotten any better ?

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My Munsters pro is doing very well on location at the brewery. I only have 3 pins- 1 GB pro, 2 Star Wars premium , 3 Munsters pro. Munsters makes 90% of what GB earns, so no extreme drop off. If new code come out, that’s fine with me.

My best game on location right now is a transformers LE. So maybe there is a some truth to the pros performing more poorly than the P/LE. For me it was a calculus of payback combined with maintenance and fragility of P/LE enhancements. I think it really depends on the audience. If you have a location with regulars that aren't pinheads, code doesn't really make any difference.

I'm interested in hearing the numbers rather than the feelings. I consider the break even on a $5500 game around $300 per month to the op. An LE needs about $400. I'm really not convinced you can earn the marginal difference unless the players can fully appreciate the enhancements. Again, no one who hates it is stepping up with the audits of game times and the total change in drop at the location attributed to the 'bad game'. I tend to think that people play as much as they want to play in the absence of league play or other promotions, When I've made the games easier, the drop decreased. What are average game times where the munsters is failing? I shoot for 3-3:15 minutes per game. The drop will always be terrible if you are way off the sweet spot. Too easy or too hard kills. I think a lot of guys set their games up too easy. Easy gets boring really fast. Has anyone who hates this title accomplished a second Munster Madness? I've never surpassed 6 or 7 modes myself.

#1384 4 years ago

I will state. I bought a new premium in March and sold it a month ago. Wasn’t for me. Also we have a pro at our local Pinbar where I run tournaments and the tourney players are all requesting the owners to trade it. It’s been there since March also. I will say from the OPs statements it still performs well because most people who walk in it’s one of the newer pins they’ve seen there so they play it. I like the theme and loved the look of the premium. But honestly once I got it home it was all the code that I got bored with.

#1385 4 years ago

As an compere for the Munster Pro on route on the same location we had before an Game Of Thrones Pro the Munster earns for three months on a row about 50% more than the Game of Thrones Pro.

All setting easy, 3 balls a game, outlines in the middle, maximum ball save time (10 or 15 seconds, the maximum for this game) so casual players has some value for money. Also we have an Cashless card module on it where the customer can choose the amount, so 5 games for 4 euro. (Got also have an cashless card module but this wat more difficult version). We have some green Convolux which look pretty cool on the machine and protects the plastics.

The casual players like this game a lot, they have some fun with it. A lot of players pays the 4 euro for 5 games.

Every location is different, but we have an good machine with no Technical problems so far, only one broken rubber.

486E1FCB-39FB-4381-95B6-B12D5D64FD74 (resized).jpeg486E1FCB-39FB-4381-95B6-B12D5D64FD74 (resized).jpeg
#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

its so funny some people complain about code yet they will spend 6 grand for a stern quicksilver that the main goal is, light spinner, shoot spinner. rinse and repeat.

This exactly......

#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

It's the newest pin in that lineup, but it makes the least money? Maybe not as bad as what we experienced on the route there, but essentially the same story.

Quoted from DNO:

so, your firsthand experience with an LE/Prem you've never operated?
Maybe just lighten your obvious dislike for this game to bash the PRO?
Glad to see some other ops with the same experience as me, I think the issue might be more of a "pro not earning well' as opposed to " Munsters sucks, and it's the code's fault"
Not saying this game or it's current code is the best ever, but you sure seem to have a desire to bash it and try to drag it down any chance you get.

Look, maybe it's PTSD from Batman'66SLE, but Munsters feels like deja vu all over again. And since I RECOMMENDED bringing the pin in to the OP with the route and we planned on selling the Pro to get a Prem/LE when they shipped, I came in with an extremely positive bias for it. No hate here for the game. However, reality smacked that down, and it comes down to terrible, bare bones code on the Pro and Prem/LE. IF Dwight reconsiders the code being basically finished and they overhauls it like Lyman did to Batman'66, then there's plenty in the mechanical design to work with and it could be very fun. But that's some unknowable future.

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why would you expect more? Vireland knows it all, haven't you heard?

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I here what you are saying BUT don’t generalize please that every other OP crap. You don’t know every OP and there business in the US.

You're changing what I said. I did not say "every other OP." I literally said every other OP I TALKED TO. Don't change the quote and then chastise the misquote.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would you expect more? Vireland knows it all, haven't you heard?

I don't know pi past 9 digits. I also don't know what I don't know, so that covers quite a lot.

#1390 4 years ago

I don’t mind a simple rule set, I just wish it was more polished out

1 week later
#1391 4 years ago

If there's anyone out there who uses the Pinball Browser program and can help me find the sound script address for the Bash Toy "boom" sound, that would be great. Can't locate that one for some reason.

Thx in advance. Making lots of changes to the call-outs with all the included actor speech already in the code and it's been saved to the repository for anyone that wants to try it out.

I'm finding the game so much more enjoyable to play with the real characters talking.

Added over 4 years ago:

Found it! Sneaky little sound!

#1392 4 years ago

If they added more speech from the characters and did nothing else I would be happy with the game. I like the game a lot but it would be awesome with more character speech.

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're changing what I said. I did not say "every other OP." I literally said every other OP I TALKED TO. Don't change the quote and then chastise the misquote.

I guess the over riding question is HOW MANY every other OPs you have talked to. How many, man? 2? 4? 10? 15? Put some real numbers to this.

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I guess the over riding question is HOW MANY every other OPs you have talked to. How many, man? 2? 4? 10? 15? Put some real numbers to this.

Six or so, but they are from all over the US, so it's not a CA-only story, and all of them have the underperforming or bad or gone already version of The Munsters story. ALL of them. I'm not saying there can't be locations it works, but I haven't heard of a single location where it rose above middling on location earnings compared to other pins. That's not a success story. And even without the route earnings component, it's clear that the code is bare-bones, in the same category as Batman'66 at release, almost point for point, mode for mode. That's sad.

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it's clear that the code is bare-bones, in the same category as Batman'66 at release, almost point for point, mode for mode. That's sad.

What’s sad is that you put Munsters release code in the same category as Batman release code. It’s been years and you still can’t admit you were wrong in complaining about Batman when Stern told everyone at Expo exactly what to expect.

Munsters was essentially complete at release per Dwight. Batman was barely playable.

However, your point about Munsters doing relatively poorly on location is pretty much right on, though not sure that matters to most of the collectors here.

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

though not sure that matters to most of the collectors here.

Not one bit!! speaking for myself, you are correct here.

#1397 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My Munsters Pre is doing fine on route. And I like the game, personally. I think once it's ready for the first major shop, I'll pull it and bring it home.

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Six or so, but they are from all over the US, so it's not a CA-only story,

Six or so. Let's say 10 for EZ math.

You are from Cali
So 1 from California

1) California

2) New York ?

3) Florida ?

4) Texas ?

5) Illinois ?

6) Illinois again ?

7) Oklahoma...Cactus Jack's where I played my first Pro model. And then went on the hunt for an LE.

???

9) ???

10) ???

How many ops are out there making a stab at pinball money? Have you talked to any of those guys? Or you concentrating only on the ops that agree with you that think Munsters is a POS, too?

Standard marketing dogma is that 1 happy customer will tell his happy story to one other person. And 1 unhappy camper will tell 7 other people what a POS such and such is. They will shout from the mountaintop.

So, 6 or so, are out there spreading hate and discontent about Munsters. And if they keep shouting long enough about what ails them eventually people start believing it (your last name is not T...p, is it ? ).

I am really not interested in some hate mail coming from 6 or so people. Yours is starting to sound like a fish story of the one that got away.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Six or so. Let's say 10 for EZ math.
You are from Cali
So 1 from California
1) California
2) New York ?
3) Florida ?
4) Texas ?
5) Illinois ?
6) Illinois again ?
7) Oklahoma...Cactus Jack's where I played my first Pro model. And then went on the hunt for an LE.
???
9) ???
10) ???
How many ops are out there making a stab at pinball money? Have you talked to any of those guys? Or you concentrating only on the ops that agree with you that think Munsters is a POS, too?
Standard marketing dogma is that 1 happy customer will tell his happy story to one other person. And 1 unhappy camper will tell 7 other people what a POS such and such is. They will shout from the mountaintop.
So, 6 or so, are out there spreading hate and discontent about Munsters. And if they keep shouting long enough about what ails them eventually people start believing it (your last name is not T...p, is it ? ).
I am really not interested in some hate mail coming from 6 or so people. Yours is starting to sound like a fish story of the one that got away.

Theme matters more on location than code does anyway. Most location players dont know shit about pinball, they see a machine that the theme relates to them and they want to take it for a spin. Munsters is probably a weak in the theme department considering a lot of location players are young. Most of them dont have a clue who the hell The Munsters even are and thats why they would pass it by if anything, not the damn code but hey Vireland knows it all so don't listen to me.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

If they added more speech from the characters and did nothing else I would be happy with the game. I like the game a lot but it would be awesome with more character speech.

I'm getting there -- LOTS of character speech now!

For any who didn't see this post in 1313 Mockingbird Lane.....

Here's a list of all the call-outs I've changed so far. It's so much more fun to play and hear it all coming from the game! The cool thing is that the sound clips are already in the code but you do have to spend a bunch of time finding and adding notes to keep track of them.
The end of each line says when/where the sound clip is used. More to come and all thanks to Pinball Browser!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SoundScript,0x75E,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0553 Grandpa - Everything thats up hasta go down.wav",0,2362,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball.
SoundScript,0x75F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x044F Grandpa - What are you waiting for.wav",0,1059,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x775,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0574 Lily - I dont believe it.wav",0,711,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x799,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0530 Lily - Practice and keep at it.wav",0,1459,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D2,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0470 Lily - Im so mad I could chew nails.wav",0,2497,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D3,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0417 Grandpa - The time has come for me to depart.wav",0,2263,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x7D6,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x04A9 Herman - You know if you keep this up I might get very angry.wav",0,2411,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x817,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0438 Grandpa - I told you itd work.wav",0,3507,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x818,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0376 Grandpa - Nothing that happens around here surprises me.wav",0,3195,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x819,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0374 Grandpa - A little magic around here never hurts.wav",0,2514,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x81C,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x052A Grandpa - A lot of good stuff in here.wav",0,2162,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x81D,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x081D Grandpa - These are the chemicals that I use.wav",0,2563,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x841,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x044C Lily - That was terrible.wav",0,810,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x843,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0452 Lily You have goofed it again.wav",0,1543,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x84F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x041F Goodbye-goodbye-goodbye.wav",0,2730,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8CE,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0593 Grandpa - Will you be a little careful Herman.wav",0,2242,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8E4,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0558 Lily - Oh my poor poor darling.wav",0,2527,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8E6,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0284 Awwwwww.wav",0,2130,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8EC,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x056D Herman Laughing 2.wav",0,2141,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8F1,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x04E0 Herman - Im so mad I could go right thru the ceiling.wav",0,2472,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x8FD,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x013A What happened- I don't know.wav",0,2406,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x775,"*Munsters sound clips\Marilyn - we all have to go sometime.wav",0,1206,100,0,10000 When you lose the ball
SoundScript,0x762,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x05BC Lily - Dont just sit there enjoying the obituaries.wav",0,2779,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot

SoundScript,0x15C,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x015C dragula and Herman - What a fun car.wav",0,2189,100,0,10000 Dragula race
SoundScript,0x90,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0090 Grandpa - Sparks build up -Nothing that happens around here and the machines still got bugs.wav",0,13839,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory

SoundScript,0x8F,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x008F Im working on my instant gasoline formula.wav",0,6548,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory
SoundScript,0x91,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0091 Grandpa - Sound mix plus This is my laboratory where I work on some of my experiments and Eddie - Neat tricks.wav",0,46773,100,0,10000 In Grandpa's Laboratory

SoundScript,0x65,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0065 Bash toy and Herman - That smarts.wav",0,1769,100,0,10000 Hitting Bash Toy
SoundScript,0x20B,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x020B Eddie - do it again and howl.wav",0,3098,100,0,10000 Eddie loop
SoundScript,0x761,"*Munsters sound clips\Sound-0x0487 Herman - There's only one thing to do and youve got to do it immediately.wav",0,2400,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x71B,"*Munsters sound clips\Eddie - Gee I wonder where Pop is.wav",0,1416,100,0,10000 Taking too long to shoot
SoundScript,0x6DE,"*Munsters sound clips\Eddie - here spot here spot - - -cmon Spot.wav",0,2865,100,0,10000 Instead of Marilyn calling Spot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.