Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If Stern was smart, they would bury the names of the coders. Having a superstar, or even perceived, superstar coder can cause all kinds of issues for a production company.

Boy do I agree with that. Now Dwight’s name is mud even though he’s a great coder. Many will only buy Lyman’s games now. Leave Coders names off entirely, makes very good business sense. The responsibility of whether a game is good code wise is entirely Stern’s.

If they give any of their coders enough time, they’ll do a stellar job. Any of them. Dwight has been under the gun. His name is attached to more games than anyone else it seems. SW, GOT, GB, Munsters etc. All top coded games. Enough depth? Well that’s up to Stern to determine and by our dollar vote and letters of complaint to Stern; for us to determine.

#1252 4 years ago

I think you are seeing that spreading of the wealth for coding at Stern. Last year and this year, you see new names on lead like Tim Sexton, Tanio Klyce, Rick Naegele. Previous to that it was Dwight, Lonnie or Lyman every time for the cornerstone games.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

If Stern was smart, they would bury the names of the coders

well, may be now with more guys coding
but quite easily, if you're a "player", you will quickly recognise who made what !

Lonnie, with his copy/paste same base patern...
than Lyman...
and than, remain the last one (Dwight) when they were only 3 lead coders

edit : and than +1 with Newovad just above

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

All top coded games. Enough depth?

This has changed quite bit in the last 5 years. "Coding a game" is not just using a proprietary program to write pinball rules any more. Good rules are certainly cool, but there is so much more to a release now, since the standard of what is included in a relevant, fun machine has certainly changed.

With new game elements comes new creative designers and coders, incorporating many new elements.
-Color changing lighting
-Full video animations
-Even things no one notices like the entire operator menu needed to be revamped to use an LCD display

Then there is the actual SOUND and GAME code that incorporates all of these elements together. This is no easy task. I hope that people do realize that there is no longer one single person that designs or codes the game, making certain it works the way the TEAM of designers intended. There is a huge team of people, some of which have only worked together for a relatively short period of time or have never worked together at all. Then you have the testers. If they suck or are not committed, they will not find the problems in the code.

A "coder" and a "pinball designer" are not the same person. Yes, they could be the same person but most often, they are different teams of people with one "lead" for a project.

When you consider all of these things, I am impressed that a game is enjoyable at all. So many people working on a project that are committed to creating something amazing is what it takes.

Let's not forget this. One single person could never be responsible for or be credited for single handedly creating (or coding) a great machine, or a terrible one in the current market. Just look at the list of credits on a recent Stern machine.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

-Even things no one notices like the entire operator menu needed to be revamped to use an LCD display

What revamp of the operator menu? They basically are using the same one as the DMD games. It's nowhere near making use of the extra screen real-estate of the LCD.

#1256 4 years ago

Well, it certainly doesn't look like Munsters is going to get a code update any time soon, so the arduous task of recording actual show call-outs from the DVDs and integrating them into the code with the Pinball Browser program is about to begin. I want to hear Eddie talk when Eddie stuff happens, I wanna hear Grandpa speak when the lower playfield activates, etc... I want the game to sound like I'm playing the Munsters by the voices too, not just by the background music (which I like a lot). I don't want to listen to the unnecessary and poorly implemented (IMO) voice impersonations any more when there's so much great content available. The Paul Lynde voice is used so much, it feels like I should be playing a Bewitched machine (if there was one) with Uncle Arthur as he was in WAY more episodes of that show. Sigh

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Well, it certainly doesn't look like Munsters is going to get a code update any time soon, so the arduous task of recording actual show call-outs from the DVDs and integrating them into the code with the Pinball Browser program is about to begin. I want to hear Eddie talk when Eddie stuff happens, I wanna hear Grandpa speak when the lower playfield activates, etc... I want the game to sound like I'm playing the Munsters by the voices too, not just by the background music (which I like a lot). I don't want to listen to the unnecessary and poorly implemented (IMO) voice impersonations any more when there's so much great content available. The Paul Lynde voice is used so much, it feels like I should be playing a Bewitched machine (if there was one) with Uncle Arthur as he was in WAY more episodes of that show. Sigh

Please count me in for a copy of your code update integration from Pinball Browser. I may do some myself too. You’re right on the money as to what is badly needed on a great game already. I know the show well and there is sooooo much material that could be added to create more show theme integration that the table needs. Please keep me posted to your progress.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

If you can do what cleland did for GOTG ...Pinsiders will be buying you a topper!!

FYI, he used some spreadsheet/macro to update sound mods as new versions were released. Might be worth a shoutout to him.

#1259 4 years ago

It's been 30 months since Ghostbusters was last updated and we just got confirmation that Stern is finally working on a new code update. If my calculations are correct that means a new Munsters code update should be on schedule for January of 2022.

1 week later
#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Paul Lynde was only on like 3 episodes of the munsters and I think Dom Deluise played the same role one time as well...
So I think it was just a bad idea to get a sound alike to do his voice. Why not a sound alike for Herman and Grandpa as they're teh two most famous characters on the show... Or use more existing clips like you stated.

Also, I hate to be mean. But, to me the female callouts don't really sound like Marliyn I thought they were Eddie doing the callouts.
So I think this game in my opinion might have some of the worst callouts ever.

Now... I have played the machine more. I had one pretty decent game... I don't dislike the actual shooting of the game as much as I did.
But, I really still don't like the game that much. Again in my opinion. Its one of the worst Sterns in a few years.

But, again... As I said. That's my opinion and we all know what Dirty Harry says about them, they're like A@$-Holes we all have them and they all stink.

Yet, with all that being said I still will play it when I can. Just not that often, as I get my fill of it quickly.

#1261 4 years ago

Where’s the code? Make this game more fun. It’s not about depth as much as atmosphere.

1 week later
#1262 4 years ago

This game is such a complete dumpster fire. It should've been a home-only release.

#1263 4 years ago

Fingers crossed that Stern will deliver a much needed code update for Munsters, It has everything else going for it tbh.
some pinball distributions still have LE machines nib that they need to sell, only way is a code update from Stern to help that.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

This game is such a complete dumpster fire. It should've been a home-only release.

Now, that's the kind of information everybody can use to make an informed decision with.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Fingers crossed that Stern will deliver a much needed code update for Munsters, It has everything else going for it tbh.
some pinball distributions still have LE machines nib that they need to sell, only way is a code update from Stern to help that.

Everything else going for it except anything *remotely* interesting to shoot at, any rewarding shots, any interesting layout.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Says the guy who owns Haunted House and Hollywood Heat, two of the shittiest games ever made!

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Says the guy who owns Haunted House and Hollywood Heat, two of the shittiest games ever made!

Who made you gatekeeper?

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

If Dwight/Stern sort out the code and get some much needed cohesion and theme integration into the game I’ll finally order a coloured premium, been sitting on this fence for too long Stern! Any longer and I’m going to become impaled!

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who made you gatekeeper?

Who-Dey is a very good gatekeeper that us Munsters owners appreciate!
Can’t understand why such an awesome table gets so maligned by some. Yes, the code needs more Munsters show material integrated into it for sure. Stern knows this, because many of us have emailed them about it. They will update it in time. Munsters is a very popular theme, TV series and having Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Lilly, etc. a timeless iconic property. Stern will give it additional love, no need to worry. But it is good right now and will only get better!!! Stern will be selling this table for another 3 years or more. Emailing Stern directly with concerns is much better than complaining in this thread.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Or he loves the letter “H”

He does live in Hacienda Heights and owns Haunted House and Hollywood Heat.
A8397363-64AD-4B32-9DCC-645D9491CADF (resized).jpegA8397363-64AD-4B32-9DCC-645D9491CADF (resized).jpeg

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Munsters is a very popular theme, TV series and a timeless iconic property. Stern will give it additional love, no need to worry. Stern will be selling this table for another 3 years or more.

LOL. Ghostbusters is a far more popular "iconic property" and look what they did with that...

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Haunted House is a classic pin. It's slow, but it was good for its era. Some of the best artwork around too.

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who made you gatekeeper?

I made myself the gatekeeper because i can. I don't really care at all that someone doesn't like Munsters but when you things that stupid I'm going to point it out, especially when your collection two games in it and those two games being two of pinballs worst games ever. Munsters is a great game and most of the people that dont like it just don't understand the code. There are some that do understand and that dont like it too, i get that but most just dont understand what they are even trying to accomplish.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Haunted House is a classic pin. It's slow, but it was good for its era. Some of the best artwork around too.

Yeah but that doesn't make it fun today.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but that doesn't make it fun today.

It does if you enjoy pins from that era, which I do and so do many other people. Not everything has to be a speed queen to be good.

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It does if you enjoy pins from that era, which I do and so do many other people. Not everything has to be a speed queen to be good.

I agree and i enjoy pins from every era but im just not a fan of Haunted House at all and i think its horrible personally. I wouldn't go into a Haunted House thread though and tell people that like he came in here and BLASTED Munsters. Thats the only reason that i brought it up.

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree and i enjoy pins from every era but im just not a fan of Haunted House at all and i think its horrible personally. I wouldn't go into a Haunted House thread though and tell people that like he came in here and BLASTED Munsters. Thats the only reason that i brought it up.

I see your point.

#1278 4 years ago

Wow the up/down vote ratio on the original post is nearly 50/50

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I see your point.

No offense Honch if you own one. Im sure there are games that i own that you don't like also and im ok with that, doesn't offend me at all. I just dont why he had to come in here and blast Munsters like that especially when he has such a weak lineup. Im pretty sure that if i offered him a trade for Munsters for both of his games that he would probably take it. I mean i wouldn't have cared if he said that he didn't like it even, but he called it a complete dumster fire and that kinda pissed me off and maybe even hurt my feelings a little.

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No offense Honch if you own one. Im sure there are games that i own that you don't like also and im ok with that, doesn't offend me at all. I just dont why he had to come in here and blast Munsters like that especially when he has such a weak lineup. Im pretty sure that if i offered him a trade for Munsters for both of his games that he would probably take it. I mean i wouldn't have cared if he said that he didn't like it even, but he called it a complete dumster fire and that kinda pissed me off and maybe even hurt my feelings a little.

No offense taken..I was just saying I still think HH is a cool game. Thats all. Plus I dig the Munsters too.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

No offense taken..I was just saying I still think HH is a cool game. Thats all. Plus I dig the Munsters too.

Maybe if i played a better example i would change my mind also. The one i played was pretty ragged out and i couldn't get off of it fast enough lol.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Or he loves the letter “H”
He does live in Hacienda Heights and owns Haunted House and Hollywood Heat.
[quoted image]

Lol. Made me think of Sesame Street. Guess that’s more his level....

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I made myself the gatekeeper because i can.

The Gatekeeper you say? I knew I’d seen you before man!

And if anyone talks shit about Munsters Who-Dey eyes glow red! You have been warned!
9A4CECC1-5A76-48D6-A9BE-2030FE62E297.gif9A4CECC1-5A76-48D6-A9BE-2030FE62E297.gif

#1284 4 years ago

Judging someones opinion by picking on them for the games they own is literally one of the most douchey things you can do on pinside. Congrats!

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Judging someones opinion by picking on them for the games they own is literally one of the most douchey things you can do on pinside. Congrats!

I guess one douchey comment deserves another.....

Quoted from Code_Blue:

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Honestly you are 100% correct and I normally wouldn’t say things like that but the way that he trashed the game was pretty shitty also. It definitely wasn’t a cool thing to say i will admit but you know your personality sure the hell could use a lot of work too because you’re not Mr. Niceguy yourself.

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And someone coming on and saying a particular pin is a piece of shit and not offer any reasonable supporting info. does not get the benefit of the doubt that he offered an opinion. He is just flapping his gums and should just jump back on the porch and call it a day.

You think my pin is a POS and I think your pin is a POS. And we are now both even. And both of us are still as dumb as a box of rocks because no useful info was offered or received.

#1288 4 years ago

#1289 4 years ago

Well that’s 2 minutes of my life I can’t get back.

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well that’s 2 minutes of my life I can’t get back.

Thanks. Read your post and as a result didn't bother watching wolfemaaan's video.

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hollywood Heat, Golden Boy Keith Elwin's favorite pin? You got me there champ.

#1292 4 years ago

Also I bash Munsters because I have a Munsters. It's sitting there taking up valuable real estate and I can't get rid of it because it's still brand new.

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wouldn't go into a Haunted House thread though and tell people that like he came in here and BLASTED Munsters. Thats the only reason that i brought it up.

Yet this isn't the Munsters owners thread, this is the Munsters has shite code thread.

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Also I bash Munsters because I have a Munsters. It's sitting there taking up valuable real estate and I can't get rid of it because it's still brand new.

Why cant you get rid of it? Sell it and cut your losses and move on. If you're waiting on the code to get a big update you are wasting your time because the code is pretty much finished. I guess its possible that you might see a few changes but nothing drastic im sure because the code is exactly like they planned it to be. They wanted the code to be simple like an older game and they achieved that very well.

If you dont like the game sell it.

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why cant you get rid of it? Sell it and cut your losses and move on. If you're waiting on the code to get a big update you are wasting your time because the code is pretty much finished. I guess its possible that you might see a few changes but nothing drastic im sure because the code is exactly like they planned it to be. They wanted the code to be simple like an older game and they achieved that very well.
If you dont like the game sell it.

At this point I don’t know man, there’s a lot of stock still sitting with distributors and LEs still readily available with a lot of potential buyers like me sitting on the fence to see how Munsters is going to end up.

The GOT updates also show huge promise for what Dwight might do when he revisits Munsters, I just hope it gets some major theme integration that the theme deserves.

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

At this point I don’t know man, there’s a lot of stock still sitting with distributors and LEs still readily available with a lot of potential buyers like me sitting on the fence to see how Munsters is going to end up.
The GOT updates also show huge promise for what Dwight might do when he revisits Munsters, I just hope it gets some major theme integration that the theme deserves.

Dont buy into all of the BS J85, this game is very good. How much time have you really spent playing this game? Do you truly understand how to play the game or did you just get to Munster Madness easily and think that you beat the game like most people do? With that being said though, none of what you said has anything to do with him selling his game. I guarantee you that if i wanted to sell my game that i could sell it. Some people would rather buy a used one at a cheaper price than to buy a new one. Munsters is one of the funnest games in my collection period.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

GoT only took 3.5 years to get a reasonable update and its code was in WAY BETTER shape than Munsters. One thing's for sure, Stern needs to get Dwight on a major code overhaul for Munsters or they aren't making any more and it's DoA. Munsters Pro are already frequently down in the mid-low 4's on the secondary market - owners taking a $1000 and up bath to dump it. Premium prices are doing better but only because they're not selling at the asking prices.

Munsters is definitely a wait and see machine. The license and design has lots of potential, but the anemic, "The Kitty Show" boring code is really holding it back. Dwight really shot Stern in the foot by saying publicly he considers it mostly done. It's nowhere near done, and the market knows it. Pricing doesn't lie.

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t buy it. Just don’t. I’ve heard a lot of owners hating on it, which is almost unheard of around here. I’d say over 50%+ of non-owners despise it, myself included. The market and ratings can be trusted from a macro perspective. Get a deadpool or a JP2...

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dont buy into all of the BS J85, this game is very good. How much time have you really spent playing this game? Do you truly understand how to play the game or did you just get to Munster Madness easily and think that you beat the game like most people do? With that being said though, none of what you said has anything to do with him selling his game. I guarantee you that if i wanted to sell my game that i could sell it. Some people would rather buy a used one at a cheaper price than to buy a new one. Munsters is one of the funnest games in my collection period.

I don’t buy into anything on Pinside who, it’s like the car forums I am on, I am interested in others opinions and their thoughts and feedback but ultimately it’s my opinion and mine alone (well and my kids haha) that dictate what I buy.

I have a pro that’s local to me and have spent quite abit of time on it up until now love the layout with the exception of those mono targets they are just a lacklustre and honesty I rarely know I’ve even hit them as I often don’t even aim for them as I get them naturally as I play, LOVE the ramp shots Borg knows how to make super fast and smooth ramps that are fun too shoot.

And yeah I get the rules and quite enjoy them I just feel they need a little more substance and the theme needs way way more polish and integration, at £9000 here in the U.K. for a premium Munsters in its current state is a little hard to swallow compared to say BM66 at the same price that’s a lot deeper and has the best theme integration in a pin, this isn’t a bash on Munsters simply at current prices especially here in the U.K. I was hoping it would rival BM66 when it came to its use of the theme. If every mode was as well integrated as Midnight Madness this pin would be sat next to my BM66LE without hesitation.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If every mode was as well integrated as Midnight Madness this pin would be sat next to my BM66LE without hesitation.

If the rule set wasn’t “do this or you will lose”
then it’s a cool game.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever/page/26?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.