Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 11.43.14 AM (resized).png
you-have-chosen-wisely (resized).jpg
F50857BB-03D9-4B08-99E3-855F23907EE6 (resized).jpeg
rim.gif
Annotation 2019-06-03 152929 (resized).png
Resized_20190602_121852.jpeg
Screenshot_20190529-124632_Facebook.jpg
4FF1CF46-5994-4BC1-A7A7-05D2027EEB91.gif
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 29.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I never saw so many people dump machines they had to get a game either and that’s what I saw when Munsters was streamed

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I agree I am sure that a lot of people love the game, but having been in the "collector" side of this hobby for almost 20 years, I CAN say that I don't recall seeing this many people dump a game this quickly, for this large of a loss.
Games have been good sellers, games have been poor sellers, but if you can think of a hot potato like Munsters please enlighten me.

I just noticed many pros for sale already at a loss. Jeesh. Not trying to be a troll but it’s kinda turning me off from purchasing

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I just noticed many pros for sale already at a loss. Jeesh. Not trying to be a troll but it’s kinda turning me off from purchasing

Perfect time to buy
When they add more,and they are right now and blow this game up you will be happy you bought cheap
Or you can just wait and see

#453 4 years ago

Perfect time to buy
When they add more,and they are right now and blow this game up you will be happy you bought cheap

True.

#454 4 years ago

I missed a lot of pages, but where exactly is this stated?

If Dwight can't fix a horribly buggy and incomplete game like GB in years, and meanwhile Munsters was advertised as a "basic" rules game from the get-go that seems pretty complete, I can't imagine why Stern would allow any time and/or resource to be put into this game out side of major bug fixes and scoring adjustments.

#455 4 years ago

Adding some modes and stages or whatever doesn’t make it lord of the rings
It just makes it better
You can add all kinds of stuff and still make it “basic”

#456 4 years ago

I bought WD pro absolutely mint when it was at it lowest point getting bashed everyday for 4200

#457 4 years ago

I bought WD pro absolutely mint when it was at it lowest point getting bashed everyday for 4200

Weren't Stern Pro's around $4600 shipped to your door back in 2014? Still a good deal at $4200 but it seems that prices really started jumping up after Ghostbusters when they started instituting the dealer minimum pricing model.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Weren't Stern Pro's around $4600 shipped to your door back in 2014? Still a good deal at $4200 but it seems that prices really started jumping up after Ghostbusters when they started instituting the dealer minimum pricing model.

I don’t what they were shipped all I knew it was way less than anyone else was asking and there were a bunch of them

#459 4 years ago

Why would that turn you off? Did you expect people to sell them and make a profit or something?

#460 4 years ago

Gotta say..... I seen and played a Prem and its one great looking machine.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Its the best looking game in my collection that's for sure. Pretty fun also believe it or not. Its not my best game but i enjoy it a lot.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Everyone agree on the looks. It's the code a lot of people would like to see improved.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Everyone agree on the looks. It's the code a lot of people would like to see improved.

Thus the whole purpose of this thread. Not sure why people who love the code feel the need to come here and waste their time defending it.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thus the whole purpose of this thread. Not sure why people who love the code feel the need to come here and waste their time defending it.

Well maybe because you guys RUINED the Munsters hype thread is all i can figure.

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well maybe because you guys RUINED the Munsters hype thread is all i can figure.

Dwight did that by saying code was almost finished

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Dwight did that by saying code was almost finished

I wont disagree with you honestly. He should have never said that in my opinion. The truth is though that if his bosses say it isn't done then it isn't done whether he likes it or not.

#467 4 years ago

If they came out and said " there's a load more to come", then they get my money, it's that simple. I don't care if it takes 6 months but if I know it's 100% coming then I'm buying.

However if it remains a mystery I ain't risking it and I'm waiting for next title.

Dead simple

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

If they came out and said " there's a load more to come", then they get my money, it's that simple. I don't care if it takes 6 months but if I know it's 100% coming then I'm buying.
However if it remains a mystery I ain't risking it and I'm waiting for next title.
Dead simple

Then we'd have a thread complaining about when. It is what it is... Move on.

I'm enjoying my game. Working on stacking Super Jackpots. Had everything lined up last night but lost it

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Had everything lined up last night but lost it

Playing that "Deal or No Deal" with Super Jackpots can either payoff big or send you home a loser. Love the risks, Dwight does have to make the Super Jackpot counter larger on the screen in the new update.

#470 4 years ago

I honestly don't think its ONLY a code issue. Its a miss on the theme, they really didnt integrate the video much or make it exciting. Its a cookie cutter playfield. Take a little of this, a little of that. I cancled my order simply that it bores me. Again i have a Metallica and i feel the same way about gotg. If you dont have those games it may appeal. The interface screen does suck though thats no joke. Its ugly as hell. The two ramps, magnet bash toy combo with a wonky side shot is getting old

#471 4 years ago

I don't like the big screen, never did so they can put whatever they want on the screen. I see short clips when the game ends (match sequence) and that is more than enough for me. Don't like the movie clips on GOTG, seems cheap to just add movie clips.

Colored dots on Monster Bash are super cool tho.

#472 4 years ago

Perfect time to buy

Asking as I keep seeing this. Let's assume (and I suspect is the case) they are NOT doing any added code only bug fixes does the ongoing wow fest start to sour or is everyone completely happy with what they have. You have to Assume nothing further will be done as the Only fact we have is Dwight saying so. Everything else mentioned is assumption....

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Asking as I keep seeing this. Let's assume (and I suspect is the case) they are NOT doing any added code only bug fixes does the ongoing wow fest start to sour or is everyone completely happy with what they have. You have to Assume nothing further will be done as the Only fact we have is Dwight saying so. Everything else mentioned is assumption....

I would still consider the game a keeper because i love the theme and the artwork of the pin. I also think the game is fun but i have 7 other games to play so having a game with a simple code in my collection doesn't bother me. Heck i would also love to add a MMR and a MBR to my collection and they both have simple codes as well.

I would like to see a few more things done code wise i wont lie but no way do i think the code on this game is horrible. The game is a lot of fun and i love playing it. I knew what i was buying when i bought it though so i already knew it was a simple game. I didn't rush into it blindly and then get disapointed.

#474 4 years ago

Agreed with Who-Dey that Munsters is fun as it stands now. Has awesome flow, a stunning art package, a fun mini-pf and satisfying shots.
Yes, the code at this point is on the shallow side.
I would love to see some further depth and rule enhancements; but I also knew going in that this was likely going to be a simpler rule-set.
It’s certainly not garbage code in my opinion.
In my collection of 8 pins, the game fits in nicely. If I want a deeper game, I have other choices.
As a stand alone pin, it may not be ideal; but I think if you’re a Munster’s fan, it will still put a smile on your face.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

if you’re a Munster’s fan, it will still put a smile on your face.

This is exactly it. Also shallow code or not, there is something about this game that makes me want to keep hitting the start button. The game is addicting.

#476 4 years ago

Finally got to,play a premium today. I liked the bw art much better than I though I would and liked the lower playfield much less than I thought I would.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Finally got to,play a premium today. I liked the bw art much better than I though I would and liked the lower playfield much less than I thought I would.

Flippers probably weren't set on soft and it definitely makes a difference. The lower playfield grows on you the more you play it also and becomes pretty damn fun the more you.play it. I dont like lower playfields but i like the one on Munsters.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Flippers probably weren't set on soft and it definitely makes a difference. The lower playfield grows on you the more you play it also and becomes pretty damn fun the more you.play it. I dont like lower playfields but i like the one on Munsters.

The lower play field does grow on you. But my flippers hit hard. It gets intense.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The lower play field does grow on you. But my flippers hit hard. It gets intense.

Put the lower playfield flippers on soft if you havent done so yet Cotton. Its much better that way.

#480 4 years ago

Do you have any ideas about the rules for the lower pf?

#481 4 years ago

Agreed. Loved the bw look. Although the lower pf looks good, I wasn't a fan of playing it.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Put the lower playfield flippers on soft if you havent done so yet Cotton. Its much better that way.

I'd put all four flippers on soft, all shots are still made quite easily.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'd put all four flippers on soft, all shots are still made quite easily.

Excuse my ignorance as I’m not familiar with the stern setting adjustments, but does the soft setting actually reduce power to the coils or just make the bats “spongy” feeling so it doesn’t hit as forceful?

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Excuse my ignorance as I’m not familiar with the stern setting adjustments, but does the soft setting actually reduce power to the coils or just make the bats “spongy” feeling so it doesn’t hit as forceful?

It does soften the hits so the ball does fly around as hard, but even on soft the ball still makes all ramps easily. The lower playfield flippers especially, if they are not set to soft you will most likely have a miserable time playing the ball down there with hardly any control.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I can rant on and on on why IMdn suxs too.

Listen, I’ll tolerate the Munsters bashing all day long.

You’ve done crossed the line man...why are you even breathing my air? IMDN sucks?! Are you mad?

#486 4 years ago

Munsters is on the code shit list.

According to some Ghostbusters is on the same code shit list.

I recently started checking Wheel of Fortune, produced 12 years ago in 2007 and someone is saying the code needs to be finished.

I have a few questions:

1) Which pins have completed kick ass code?

2) Are there any that qualify as 100% complete by Pinside opinion?

3) Can any pins ever be considered complete by Pinside opinion or would this be a rabbit the manufacturer would always be chasing to make that one last player happy?

4) Which pins, new or older, are lacking in the code department?

I have a Stern Nine Ball. It is a 38 year old pin with code that was never finished.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Munsters is on the code shit list.
I recently started checking Wheel of Fortune, produced 12 years ago in 2007 and someone is saying the code needs to be finished.
I have a few questions:
2) Are there any that qualify as 100% complete by Pinside opinion?
3) Can any pins ever be considered complete by Pinside opinion or would this be a rabbit the manufacturer would always be chasing to make that one last player happy?
4) Which pins, new or older, are lacking in the code department?
I have a Stern Nine Ball. It is a 38 year old pin with code that was never finished.

Don’t ask complainers what people should be complaining about

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nope, but it just was not satisfying to flip it. If I ever get a Munsters, it will be a pro. Nothing about the lower pf made me want to learn the rules or play it again. Honestly like the lower pf on acdc better, which really surprised me.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don’t ask complainers what people should be complaining about

I was trying to be diplomatic; Not my strongest suit

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

IMDN has gotten a lot of praise, same with JJP POTC, WOZ and Hobbit. Batman 66 (after Stern fixed the code) is another great one according to many.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Make success down there modify play on the upper pf more. Makes multiple successes to the machine payoff more else where.

I think the lower of got hindered by trying not to diverge from the pro too much.

But I think these are all “improvements” and not fixes. The game is fine how it is.

People just has this distorted belief that every game needs to be the next greatest most advanced thing ever.

#492 4 years ago

Stern basically took a super hot title with huge initial demand and ran it into a brick wall with Dwight’s comments on code.

Really dumb move

Average and below players are gonna like Munsters

Really good players that buy Nib games won’t jump on Munsters because the perception is the code sucks AND because it’s Dwight it’s never getting any better

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ghostbusters is WAAY better. For starters, it has more than 4 modes.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Are there any that qualify as 100% complete by Pinside opinion?

My entire collection is Stern

TSPP
LOTR
FGY
TWD
AS

Code on AS needs slight tweaking and could benefit from expanding on a few features but it's no shitshow like other titles (IMO).

All others in my lineup are ridiculously well coded however. I mean stupid good code!

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My entire collection is Stern
TSPP
LOTR
FGY
TWD
AS
Code on AS needs slight tweaking and could benefit from expanding on a few features but it's no shitshow like other titles (IMO).
All others in my lineup are ridiculously well coded however. I mean stupid good code!

I recently sold AS to make room for Munsters. Since the code for AS is really basic, I figured Munsters had to be better. Bad assumption on my part.

Don't know if you are a KISS fan, but the new code is awesome (much better than AS IMHO). I also prefer the KISS PF layout. 3 years is an unfortunate waiting period, but I'm glad I hung in.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I recently sold AS to make room for Munsters. Since the code for AS is really basic, I figured Munsters had to be better. Bad assumption on my part.
Don't know if you are a KISS fan, but the new code is awesome (much better than AS IMHO). I also prefer the KISS PF layout. 3 years is an unfortunate waiting period, but I'm glad I hung in.

Not a fan of the new AS code. It’s pretty damn good now

#497 4 years ago

What’s AS ?

#498 4 years ago

Aerosmith.

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn’t AS just get an enormous update a few months ago?

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol whut?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-worse-code-ever/page/10?hl=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.